Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Good Morning Wednesday Progress and Surprises

   Good morning everyone,

The other day I made six very large sweet pepper halves stuffed and 'baked" them in my slow cooker. They turned out so delicious we had them two nights in a row and invited our friend Mr L over. He does not eat allot but he ate all of his supper this time. One night I served with kale and last night some of my garden green and yellow beans. 



About an hour's drive from me there is an Amish community named Leadmine. A couple years ago they started an auction of their grown veggies and fruits. Some years they have good prices for a family and some years one has to buy a huge quantity to purchase, so we quit going.
   Last year my friend went and brought back gorgeous canning tomatoes for me and also these wonderful huge red sweet peppers I have never seen them so large-and after freezing they are still sweet-so these peppers just turned out so well. I have froze sweet peppers in the past that will turn bitter after being in the freezer.

   I am making progress on my first page of my fabric book and started working on January's pages.  My staz on ink pads arrived yesterday and tomorrow my letter and number stamps are to arrive-so I am anxious to stamp some wording.

   I have over the years collected beads and buttons. I have a few things that I found at yard sales and thrift stores of old jewelry that sometimes works out nicely. I found three small glass leaves in my stash that I sewed on, and added a few rock beads too.





I did make the mistake of getting a little too close to the bottom edge as it is just barely over 1/2 an inch but I think it will be ok. For my next pages I will mark a line to remind me.

  Since I am not going to seal this over with mistyfuse and tulle I put a cloth over the needle felting and pressed it a bit front and back.

I am pleased with this first page so far. I do not have drawing skills so I have been looking online at coloring book pages of things I can make into appliques. I found a neat tree for January.

I have decided after watching a good you tube video on using freezer paper to print on fabric that I have the wrong ink in my printer and she also pointed out tips so the ink would not smear. so I will try this technique again but not right now.

     I have a fun story about the pair of ducks that have been visiting us. At first hubs noticed that there were two different pairs of muscovy ducks visiting but never at the same time-he is always so observant. Now it is pretty much the same pair and they are hanging around all day, we do not know where they are going in the evenings to be safe from predators but they are always back at first light.
   Yesterday when I was walking my compost pail to the compost pile, miss calico kitty was following me and all of a sudden we must have startled the ducks and they flew off to land in the pond. I am thinking they were up in one of the trees. On the way back to the house they flew out of the pond and landed right in front of me. I told them sorry but it is not 2 in the afternoon yet-so you will just have to wait for your corn. haha   
    When they see me with the corn they come right up to me-waiting for the hand out. too funny. hubs wouldn't mind if they stayed here to raise some youngsters as eat lots of bugs. We used to raise them back in the '90s when we also had goats, a couple black angus and hogs for eating. We also raised chickens and pheasants.
    
   I took this photo just now


I also wanted to share some very nice surprise gifts I received. My friend that drove me to Yellowstone last May loves to knit and crochet-she is always making something, and her favorite thing to knit is socks.  Last year I gifted her with 8 skeins of alpaca-wool that I picked up at the thrift shop-expensive yarn if in a yarn shop. I have so much yarn here for weaving that I gave it to her.  We went over to visit and she surprised me with these that she made from that yarn. How awesome and sooo soft I love them they are a neat color a red orange. I was totally surprised.




and a couple days later we got a ups delivery from our new friends in Wisconsin that came down in November for deer camp 
    A big box of chocolates and three sets of sewing scissors from Japan that seem to be very high quality.
    I needed the smaller pair with the sharp point for my applique pieces as I was just thinking I would need to buy a pair, and I have never owned the clippers which are working out great with my hexagon hand sewing. So another total surprise


   I want to thank you all so much for stopping by and also helping me with my fabric art journal-this is a totally new craft/art concept for me too lol  
    I am so happy to have found all of you lovely people through Elizabeth's T for Tuesdays  I enjoy blogging so much more than facebook and all of my original blogging friends of 12 years have all left to facebook--so I just want you to know how special you all are to me--big hugs from the Ozarks.

10 comments:

  1. Kathy you are special to me too and i count myself so lucky to have found you.... Those socks look wonderfully warm and cozy... Making socks has always seemed like such a good thing to know how to do to me .. i intend on learning how one day..Since moving here (We live very close to Beaver Lake) hubs and i have always been surprised at how few ducks we see on or around the lake... We see a few and some big herons... We like to call the herons George and Gracie... Even though i'm quite sure they are not the same herons we see every time...lol Love your page with all the added bits... It will be so fun to watch your style develop and see just where you take this..... Stuffed peppers... my mom used to make those and they look very similar to yours... As a kid i never liked the peppers so she would just make a few 'meatballs' with the filling for me and cook them along with the peppers.. Wish i knew her recipe.. I spent alot of my 'growing up years' in PA... lots of Amish there... My favorite Amish food was 'ShooflyPie' basically a molasses crumb pie.. YUM!!! ... Its so funny... maybe i'm the only one who noticed.. but have you noticed that every time you say you had Mr L over my eye sees Mr Lover... lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your days must be longer than mine, you manage to get so much done each day. The peppers look very good. Have fan with your fabric book and enjoy your new socks. Hugs, Valeri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those peppers looked delicious, I am not surprised your friend enjoyed his meal with you.
    I love seeing how your fabric page is getting along. The goodies you ordered sound and look great, fave fun trying them out.
    Great cosy socks as well, they a a super colour.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those stuffed peppers looks so delicious. I am waiting for the hubby to get home for dinner, but I want those right now. And your fabric book page is looking amazing. I don't think that little edge should be a problem and if it is, I know you can find a creative way around it. Great socks too. :) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, you have become an important part of T and an important person in MY life, too. We have SO much in common. I make my stuffed peppers with rice, and mine never look as good as yours.

    Your first fabric page is coming along nicely. I agree that marking the edges might be a good thing until you have made a few pages and assembled them.

    Those are some awesome socks. Your friend knows how to say thank you, doesn't she? What a lovely gift she presented you with.

    Have fun feeding the ducks. It sounds like a daily treat, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stuffed peppers look tempting to me! WOW! Great to see the progress on the fabric page and I would be interested in the YT link of this lady as well.
    Great stockings you git - they look like Santas would love them as well!
    Happy rest of your so creative week!
    I am with you that blogging is so much more interesting as this shallow FB stuff.
    I don't visit there often - I like Pinterest and Instagram much more for inspiration .. all those chattering posts on FB are so boring when you have too much friends made.... and I unfortunately have made too much in the beginning!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those peppers do look yummy!!!! Great gifts you received ♥ The socks look so warm and those scissors will come in so handy with all you do!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those stuffed peppers look awesome. As does your deer (dear =^,.^=) page. I love the story of the ducks coming to you when they think you have corn. Oh, and your socks look cheerfully warm. What a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like you about the T-party, Kathy. There are so many generous, helpful and inspiring ladies. I didn't know you could freeze sweet peppers. Yours look scrumptious! Your fabric journal page is darling. What nice surprises you've received. The socks look warm and cozy and one can never have too many scissors of different sorts.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit