Saturday, October 12, 2024

Peanut Brittle

   I have not made a batch of peanut brittle in a couple of years. I love it but my stomach sadly does not.

It is a fun candy to make, I buy a large bag of peanuts from the Amish grocery store every several years or so. I  make it now for one of our friends who also works for us when we need projects done.

  He is driving several hours away to pick up an outdoor lift for  Larry-he has a spot to put it next to the rock wall that will take him up to the top-and into his new electric chair-made for outdoor use.

  So I thought I would surprise our friend  when he gets back today, with a batch of peanut brittle his favorite.

 The last time I made it in the microwave-I still use a thermometer as only way to know if it gets to 300 degrees F or not. It turned out really good that way

  Last week it was a total failure-it would not get up to temperature so that was a toss in the garbage it went.. I could not remember which bowl I used last time so I think I used a bowl too large. . 

    So I looked around online for another recipe-and perfect he suggested getting a 2 quart Pyrex  I found an anchor hocking brand made in the USA   Happy dance! good results this time. The other tip I read was to use the instant read thermometer instead of those bulky candy thermometers-why didn't I think of that??? so much easier.

  I have a marble slab that Larry rescued from demolition back when he was in his 20's still in Chicago at that time  Perfect for candy making I also make my chocolate barks on this marble.




We will be back in the 90's this weekend 

 Enjoy your weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit