Thursday, July 1, 2021

Cast Iron Saturdays-Desserts

  For Cast Iron Saturday I decided to share desserts that you can bake up in your oven or if you are out camping or having a cook out-bake with coals outdoors-with your cast iron pans.

  I have shared cobblers and perhaps crisps before-but I found this recipe and loved the ingredients, with almond flour, maple syrup and rosemary-to make gluten free use gluten free oat flakes.

Cast Iron Skillet Blueberry Maple Crisp




I make my brownies in a square cast iron pan-so good-and these are perfect for an outdoor gathering

Brownies in Cast Iron Skillet



Crustless Cranberry Pie

    This is my new favorite way of making a pie-crustless. If you want to watch carbs but still want to enjoy desserts-leaving off the crust for a pie is perfect. I do enjoy making crusts from scratch (not a gluten free crust though) but the pie is really delicious without one. I use keto sweeteners instead of sugar too


Camp Fire Smores Bash

This is another idea for serving a crowd



Vegan Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie

  If you are serving vegan guests, this sounded good



Dutch Oven Banana Bread

  This recipe is designed to bake in your dutch oven outdoors, but of course you can bake in your home oven as well. These type of bakes are so fun to do outdoors-and you will Wow your guests as well (smiles)


Hoping these recipes give you some ideas for your 4th of July celebration, or anytime you want to bake in cast iron indoors or outdoors. Enjoy!!

19 comments:

  1. I´m sorry. My sweet tooth just dropped dead!!! LOL!!!
    Your mail arrived, may I show the tag tomorrow? Thank you. You made me smile soooo big :-)
    Again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I just remembered you are not into too many sweets-this was dessert overload haha I just sent out a bunch of slow mail yesterday and was thinking if you got yours yet-yes hugs

      Delete
    2. "Too many", funny you! ;-)
      Hugs and thank you very big. Yours will be online tomorrow - hugs from here xx

      Delete
  2. Wonderful recipes
    I haven't tried the crushed Cheerios crust yet. I decided to use it as a bottom layer of a fritta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sounds so interesting-let us know if you make it and cheerios are gluten free now too

      Delete
  3. These are wonderful recipes. Brownies baked in cast iron are one of our favorites. I have everything, except GF oats for the blueberry Maple Crisp. I made a copy of that recipe. I can imagine things are starting to "pop" there on the lake. I am wondering how many will show up on your deck for the fireworks and fine food. :~) It may just be the three of us and one of us will hide out in the garage for fear of anything that pops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, I only bake my brownies in cast iron too-turn out so moist delicious. I saved the blueberry maple crisp recipe-love the ingredients and Quaker Oats has gluten free oats now too-so easy to find at the store.
      So far no one seems to coming over the 4th If I don't hear anything back by tomorrow I will makes bbq ribs on the grill the weather is to be perfect here this weekend. Perhaps some soft music for your pup would help relax

      Delete
  4. Oh my, those cast iron desserts look amazing! Thanks for the recipes and wishing you a Happy July! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you Laurie-cast iron works out so well for brownies, pies, crumbles-pumpkin pie is really good in cast iron too-hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh brownies. Those would taste really good right now. These are all tempting treats Kathy. Have a great July 4th holiday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your lake was just on TV!!!!! I was too late to grab the cam, but... WOW. Just wanted to let you know and maybe smile with pride.
    And dip a toe? 🧡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Wow how fun was that!! there are lots of activities going on here this holiday weekend-there was a very loud sonic boom too that shook allot of us lake homes-I wonder if it was about that?
      yes I will dip a toe for the both of us-hugs

      Delete
  8. I think I've made something like that crustless cranberry pie, although I made mine with blueberries. The recipe doesn't call it pie, though, but I can't remember the name. I'll try to find the recipe because it was in my grandmother's recipes. Didn't use cast iron, though. Some nice looking recipes, Kathy. Have a fabulous 4th, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see your Grandmother's recipe Elizabeth-I much prefer no crust pie/desserts these days and older recipes are the best. Hugs Happy 4th

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit