Saturday, July 31, 2021

Cast Iron Saturday-Salads

   Hi everyone,

       I am a bit late posting, I needed to get some groceries in yesterday (friday) so I was at the first store around 6:30 am and by the time I finished and drove to the Amish store that opens at 8 am I only had to wait about 5 minutes. I mostly wanted to get us some fresh fruits-so I picked up a big watermelon, 2 large cantalopes, a peck of peaches, some beautiful very large plums, along with a couple ears of sweet corn at the Amish store. So By the time I drove back home-the extreme heat was on-I for sure get my exercise food shopping as I park on top of the hill-walk down the steep driveway and then walk down the stairs into the house. I did get a bit overheated for sure this time. So today I am taking a break from everything and catching up on my slow mail letters.

   The peaches were fabulous, as are the melons. yeah.

For this week I thought I would look around for salads made in cast iron.

Charred Cabbage Salad


Crack Slaw-keto and low carb

  I have found recipes from Keto cast iron's site really good


Roasted Summer Vegetables with Goat Cheese



From Food and Wine-Buttery Cast iron shrimp winter salad

  I think this salad sounds delicious and not just for winter-their site is not letting me copy their photo-but looks and sound delicious

  I thought I would close with a grilled fruit salad

          Cast Iron Grilled Fruit Salad



Happy Saturday and weekend everyone

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a very busy day yesterday! The food you shows looks fantastic, so yummy. Happy weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes the extreme heat made it a challenge for sure. glad you enjoy these posts-hugs

      Delete
  2. Prayers for your cool and relaxing self
    Charred cabbage salad is bookmarked! It sounds so easy to make, and looks good as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let us know if you make it-the recipes from that site keto cast iron are really good.
      thank you I am relaxing today and taking a break-writing allot of slow mail letters which I am really enjoying. If you would like to do that let me know

      Delete
  3. Oh wow-the pictures are colorful and so delicious looking. We have some cooler weather here now-only in the low 70's. One day it didn't even hit 70. The constant rain has stopped too-although we are supposed to get more storms today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, we are finally cooler from 99 degrees to low 80s for a few days-but sadly we missed the rain that was suppose to come yesterday-enjoy your new week

      Delete
  4. Those salads look perfect and yummy for August. Peaches-yummy. I need to get some. I need to grocery shop later today for my fruits and veggies too. Happy new month Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The grilled fruit salad really catches my fancy this morning. Who would have thought of grilling watermelon? I may have to make a trip into town to get one. However,it may never make it to the grill. We are getting some rain this morning. The cooler temps are so welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am bummed as the rain missed us-sigh just a few sprinkles and they were talking storms and hail etc-we are cooler today finally-in the low 80s which is good for working outdoors especially
      have an awesome new week

      Delete
  6. Oh My! My mouth is watering - charred cabbage salad sound especially fantastic! Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris I thought that charred cabbage salad sounded delicious too-

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit