Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Good Morning Wednesday

   Hoping everyone had a great Independence Day celebration-those of us in the usa. Ours was so so  A few people were suppose to come over and do a camp out-never heard from them. Then someone we know that lives near here asked to come over-never showed up and they were bringing the sides.  I hadn't made any side dishes as those were suppose to have been brought in by others but I did have the meats-soooo we have ribs and a couple different brats for the two of us-enough for the whole week haha  that's ok.

  The fireworks on the lake were pretty and they were shooting them off as far as we could see-but the two homes that really put on a show did not do any this year. So instead of all night fireworks it started just before dark and lasted til about midnight-1 am.  They are pretty over the water.

  I am still fighting a really bad case of poison ivy-super ugh. huge blisters, burning it's really horrible. Been about 5 or so days now. We decided to set up for the covid shots-first one late afternoon today, otherwise I would have called in for steroid shot-which is usually what I need with this.  I am wondering if I also ran into poison oak as this has much more burning and redness than I usually get.

  I did start warping up for my next towel project. I decided to add an extra yard for another towel not thinking I might end up with not enough yarn-and that is exactly what happened-sigh I am 90 times around the board by 8 yards short. At the time I ordered this 8/2 size cotton I almost got two of this natural white but didn't want to have leftovers of white.  Right now they are out of stock so am waiting for their order to come in at Webs

    In the upper left corner is a light silver which I almost thought of finishing up the warp with-but decided on waiting for the  natural white to come in.

  This cotton will work well for summer tops too



I needed to go around the warping board 490 times-so I did this in two parts as those pegs would not hold that much at one time
    This is set up on the lease sticks and ready for the next warp once I can get more yarn in



     Last week Larry did get a chance to go out in his boat and catch us enough fish for our dinner. This was mostly crappie  I have a really nice small but deep cast iron pot that works perfect for frying up a little fish. I used avocado oil for frying.


On the lake last week-this huge dock went by and this one has a wooden roof




  That's it for me, wasn't up to visiting everyone for T but thought I would post and check in today. Happy mid week.

15 comments:

  1. Oh Kathy, I hope that you're feeling much better soon 😊. It sounds very painful and frustrating, take care! Your fish looks so yummy with the fries, so lovely to catch your own from the lake too! Wishing you well and have a good week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fish looks oh-so-delicious! Yummy! I am sorry you are getting such a bad reaction to the poison ivy/oak. Hopefully
    You can get it cleared up soon. I am anxious to see your next work at the loom. Waiting on the national cotton seems a good idea. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, I am getting inpatient with this poison ivy for sure, I used to go right in the third or forth day and get a steroid shot which really shortened the suffering of it--but since we got our first covid shot today, you can't take the steroid shot for a week or two before or after-so. I am using cold water now to help stop the pain a few times a day.
      Yes I decided to wait til I can get another cone of the natural white cotton to finish up the warp threads -I probably could start threading the loom with what I have done already-but want to be alert for that

      Delete
  3. That's not really very nice to say your coming and then not say you won't be there. I am sure you were waiting too. Sorry about the poison ivy. I've never had poison ivy but I have been having a bad hive outbreak for several weeks, and so I get your itching. AUGH! Hope your week improves. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was not happy at all-so rude-but we have run across this here in Missouri quite allot-Not how we were raised-haha
      ugh hive outbreak sounds awful too-I don't remember the non stop burning and itching. have to go food shopping tomorrow so will look for some calamine lotion or something. thanks-hugs

      Delete
  4. That reaction to Poison Ivy sounds awful, so painful! Do hope you get your treatment for it soon. As others have mentioned here I also think that not turning up for a meal that you have said you were coming to is pretty rude in my books! At least a quick text beforehand doesn't take long to do. Very inconsiderate. Did you receive an apology? Fresh fish and chips! It looks so delicious. Take care Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a bad reaction to the poison ivy for sure-it burns constantly and itches. I agree no matter how one looks at it-very rude for sure. nope no apology but I will for sure say something next time they come over.
      the fresh fish was really good-

      Delete
  5. I think I´d be a "tad" mad when people not show AND had promised to bring additional food.
    Oh, yes. 2019 we celebrated Australia Day at the Swan river, the fireworks were wonderful.
    I am really thankful I have no allergies - sorry you have, hope it gets better soon.

    This is how Ingo´s Granma started to make the most wonderful sock everybody then wanted, she ran out of the wool she choose and had to mix!

    LOL, you really counted?! Wow 490 times sure counts as sport! Hmmm, avacado-oil! A dock ON the river,now that´s new to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. poison ivy and poison oak effects most people badly-but we did have a good friend that recently passed who was immune to it.
      Yes I almost went with the very light grey I ordered, but decided to wait on the yarn-they were suppose to get it in end of June so hopefully soon.
      Yes have to count so the pattern comes out right on the loom I count two or three times.
      Yes people have docks on the lake here for their boats and for fishing on the lake too-once this done there is a section where we could sit or even bbq

      Delete
  6. I had a childhood friend who got poison ivy so badly that her eyes would swell shut. This was in the 1940s, and I don’t know what was available to help then. But she always got over it OK. Hang in there, Covid protection is the most important thing right now, especially in MO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Barbara yes I chose the covid protection over the steroid shot for the poison ivy

      Delete
  7. Prayers the rash heals fast. Sounds like you've had a rough time of it.
    Avocado oil hasn't registered in my brain. I think I will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I apologize for being so late visiting. I am so sorry to read your poison ivy isn't better. At least you are getting vaccinated. That's especially important now the delta variant is surging, especially in your area. Had the people you invited to the party been vaccinated? Could that have been a factor, or was something else the cause, I wonder. One nice thing is there will be no long lines or making appointments anymore to get the shots. I hope you feel better soon, dear Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries as here online one is never late for visiting-hugs
      I think stuff just came up-these people don't care about covid so that wasn't it. Yes I was glad we could choose which vaccine we wanted and no long lines-I asked for the last appt so we wouldn't be waiting with lots of people in the reception area
      this poison ivy just burns all the time nothing seems to help-I am trying out aloe vera now

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit