Monday, September 23, 2019

T Stands for Tuesday & a Couple of Sweets

   We are back having T with Bluebeard and Elizabeth this Tuesday.
We gather together and share a post with a photo of our beverage. You are most welcome to join us-find link in my right hand column

   It is good to be home again-if you missed my first post back which also has a video of my December 2018 Fabric journal page completed here is a link

   Hubs is catching up on lack of sleep in the hospital, better quality foods, and beginning the healing process.  He did have open heart surgery back 20 years ago that was a really rough go-ending up in the hospital from mid November to March-hopefully this won't be a repeat of that, but he does have 3 months of cardiac rehab coming up in another month or so. The biggest concern for me is the medicine they gave him to keep blood clots away-that has to be monitored constantly as Vit K foods effect the test.

   Not too much new to share this week. We are having a gorgeous Monday here at the lake-in the Ozarks, not too hot, not too humid, no rain, but sunshine. So I got outdoors and swept down the new brick walkway of leaves and acorns, and also the deck this afternoon.
     The leaves are just beginning to come down now. Before we left for the hospital we found someone to clean out gutters for us-which haven't been done in years at the looks of it.
    I grabbed a small plastic shopping bag and was able to find quite a few black walnuts with those green husks still on, some already turning dark. I still need more to have enough for a good batch of dye or ink. There are lots of little grey squirrels getting them first haha-but it is food for them.

  I tried a new cookie recipe that a friend of mine gave me. She is doing really well on her keto diet. I think she has been on it now for almost a year and is closing in on the 100 pound weight loss number. I am so proud of her for sticking to this and finding a diet that works for her.
      She was 400 pounds at the start.(no fault of her own-came from a complex health issue)   I think this keto diet really works well for those that have lots of weight to lose and stick with it.
      I do like trying out some of the keto baking recipes as they are gluten free, and they are using different types of sugar alcohols that has no or very little sugar or carbs-so good for diabetics too.

   This was a chocolate chip cookie, using sugar free dark chocolate chips. almond flour, coconut flour, butter and I used half coconut oil instead of all butter and I had on hand stevia naturals for the sweetener. It did have a bit of an after taste to the cookie which I didn't care for. Other than that I will try these again.
    I just ordered the erythritol to try-many of my keto friends like this one the best for baking.



My beverage reference-my decaf coffee being brewed


This morning, I used my gluten free yellow cake mix that I make into all sorts of things-to make us fall cupcakes. There is sugar in the cake mix, but the cupcakes make more servings so stretches out the sugars per serving. I added three fresh blueberries to each one plus lemon and almond extracts.
     For the frosting I used Swerve confectionery sugar alcohol with almond milk and butter and lemon extract. and sprinkled on some fall sprinkles-those have sugar

  Thought they would be perfect for T



Happy T for Tuesday everyone!!

16 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Hubs is on the mend. My neighbor Prissy was on that med. She had to limit how much spinach she ate. We had gorgeous weather today, too. I like trying the gluten free baking . I love that Swerve makes a brown sugar as well as confectioners sugar. Cupcake without frosting are muffins 😉 Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the recovery is coming along well and you are making me hungry. I'd love a taste, but I am allergic to almonds so sadly I might have to only dream about tasting them! Happy T day Kathy. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thrilled you got your photos to load. Glad your husband is home and enjoying his better food, too. I also worry about that medicine he's on. Just keep us in the loop, please.

    Your cookies look delicious. Sorry there is an after taste, but that's to be expected when they are made with things you don't normally use. And those cupcakes look fattening. I might have ONE, but that would be it. LOVED the photo of your coffee brewing today, too. Thanks for sharing the update on your husband, your baking this week, and your decaf coffee with us for T this nearly Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your hubby has had quite the surgery.
    Your cupcakes look delicious. I have always wanted to try Swerve but haven't yet. Your cakes make me want to try it sooner rather than later.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your hubby is doing well, good luck for him with the rehab later. Your cookies and muffins look delicious, and served with coffee - yes please! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is hard with a sick hubby, I have to cope, too.
    No new restaurants or such... but at least mostly without medication!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was good to read that you husband is recovering Kathy.
    The cookies and the cakes look delicious, I'm pleased I've just had breakfast or I would be looking for the cake tin.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s good to have you back, Kathy, focused on the things you enjoy most. Time will pass for Larry and he will finally feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back, Kathy. I'm so glad to hear the surgery is over and hubby came through okay. I know the recovery period is a challenge. Your baking skills and knowledge are amazing. Gosh, you have to be a chemist to follow all those special requirements.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cardiac rehab is a blessing, and I know that'll help his progress. I wish you both health and healing through it all :)

    Those cupcakes look tasty. Congrats to your friend! It sounds like she's making it work for her. I hear so much about the keto diet and think adapting arts of it would help me broaden my eating from my starch-heavy choices lol I do love starches.

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad your hubby is on the road to recovery, and that you are enjoying the change of seasons. You have inspired me to bake something yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing your hubby well! I'm so pleased to hear that he is recovering ok too 😀. I bet the lake will look beautiful with the fall colours, it definitely feels like autumn is here too. Your bakes goodies look so delicious, I would love to try them with my cuppa today! Take care and wishing you a very happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad to hear your husband's surgery went well and that he's now in the recovery part, even though that will take awhile. It sounds like Fall will be beautiful at the lake house. I haven't seen any of my squirrels lately, not even to raid my bird feeder, so I don't know what they've been up to, unlike yours, who are gathering the black walnuts. (I have an oak tree that drops acorns that mine gather.) The cookies and cup cakes looked good. It was disappointing to hear the cookies had an after taste. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish the best for your husband in coming months of rehab. I had heard of the Keto diet, but don't know what it is all about. I sure have gained lately, and think it is part of growing old. However, my husband is loosing weight in his old age! LOL Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So, has your hubs had his surgery already? I must have missed that. Wishing him all the best and a speedy recovery.
    I loved seeing all you cookies and the lovely coffee being made.The cup cakes are looking yummy too.
    I wish we could buy all those special ingredients here. I would like to try the keto diet. I have recently done vegan for three weeks and really enjoyed it.
    I'm sorry I am late in commenting. We've been away camping on the coast and there was no wifi on the campsite.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  16. I´m so glad your husband is recovering well Kathy!! I wish him a very good rehab, courage !
    I think I´d like one of your so yummy and sweet cookies !! these muffins are perfect with a cup of tea or coffee.
    I wish you a very nice Friday, and send big hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit