Saturday, May 4, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

I am joining in with CJ and Elizabeth to share a movie this Saturday.

   After visiting Elizabeth this morning I was reminded how much I love the actor Tom Hanks. He has really done allot of very good movies in his career. So I want to share one that I really loved, based on a true story and I have watched more than once. There is also a book available

  Bridge of Spies 2015

Below found at link above

      Hanks’s innate decency plays a part in several films, but it’s delivered in a different way in this underrated Cold War drama. Hanks is Donovan, an insurance lawyer asked to defend a Russian spy (Oscar winner Mark Rylance), in the process learning that he alone wants to be sure the accused gets a fair trial. Bridge of Spies is a movie about negotiation and compromise — about what principles we’re willing to sacrifice and which ones we can’t — and Donovan is heroic not because he’s the guy with the halo but because he’s shrewder and more determined than everyone he comes across. This is Hanks as World-Weary Veteran Movie Star, and he gives it an effortless swagger



More information here on the movie

Image result for bridge of spies movie photos


Happy Saturday and weekend

10 comments:

  1. I really like Tom Hanks. He has such a huge range. Bridge of Spies is an amazing story. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this movie, but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is one of the best Tom Hanks movies. Agreed. Thanks for reminding me of it. And happy Saturday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this, but it does sound interesting. I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is a very well done movie-I liked it more since it was a true story and shows what an average American can do for his country

      Delete
  5. I don't know this film, but it sounds good, and Tom Hanks is a fantastic actor. Have a great weekend, hope your move is going well. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love some Tom Hanks! Such a fantastic actor. I've heard of this movie but have not watched it.. Thanks for the review!! Hugs !deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually remember when this film came out, but of course I didn't see it and it's never been on TV, at least not to my knowledge. It's a great choice, Kathy, and I will look for it on YouTube, since your clip won't play for me.

    I'm late because yesterday was herb day at the extension office/Farmer's Market. I must have walked five miles, then finally bought and planted herbs I was WIPED out when I got finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like Tom Hanks, he has done a lot of good films.
    I can't remember watching this, so will have to look out for it.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit