Saturday, April 27, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

  Just a quick post this morning, as we are headed out to work at the new house again this morning.
 
   Saturday Afternoon at the Movies is hosted by our CJ and sometimes Elizabeth posts too.

   I am sharing  The Notebook.

This is a love story (of course I love them) but this one has an excellent story line of forever love, dominating parents, excellent acting One of my favorites. Touches on the heartaches of alzheimer.
     This is a movie that I actually loved more than the book by Sparks

From online:

In 1940s South Carolina, mill worker Noah Calhoun (Ryan Gosling) and rich girl Allie (Rachel McAdams) are desperately in love. But her parents don't approve. When Noah goes off to serve in World War II, it seems to mark the end of their love affair. In the interim, Allie becomes involved with another man (James Marsden). But when Noah returns to their small town years later, on the cusp of Allie's marriage, it soon becomes clear that their romance is anything but over.
Release dateJune 25, 2004 (USA)

Image result for the notebook


Surprising facts about this movie here

the plot of movie here

The novel

Happy Saturday and weekend everyone


11 comments:

  1. This is still a popular movie with lots of the girls at school. I guess I lost my romantic side and never watched the film after I read the book, which made me cry so much. Happy Saturday. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the movie is so much better than the book-and you will cry even more-lol

      Delete
  2. Coincidentally, I have this movie on my list of those to watch. I haven’t read any books by Nicholas Sparks so didn’t know what to expect. It sounds touching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds a good film, one to watch out for.
    Have a good weekend Kathy.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the book but never saw the movie. Sparks is not an author I'm tempted to explore further ;) I remember both the book and the movie made a big splash, and everybody but me seemed to be able to appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my Mom was alive she was an avid reader and suggested that I try Nicholas Sparks-I actually love his stories-there is usually a bit of a twist in them that I don't expect. I think his books are too expensive though unless you can find a deal on them.
      his book the notebook I think may have been an earlier one of his-so I didn't think the story was developed as well--the movie was soooo much better in my opinion-and I loved the movie ending so much more too

      Delete
  5. I saw this movie awhile ago. It was great: the story, the acting, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this one too.. its tear jerker for sure...Do you like the Divine Secrets of the Ya ya Sisterhood? :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, Kathy, I've never even heard of this one. I know I must live in a different world. Obviously one that doesn't include a bunch of movies. It seems many like it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know this film at all!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit