Monday, April 8, 2019

Happy T Stands for Tuesday

Happy T Day Everyone

    Tuesdays is when we gather together and join our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth to share our drink related post. You are most welcome to join us-find the link in my right hand column

Today I am posting a quick post-we are busy busy most every day now-working up at the lake house and packing. We found a used trailer to purchase which will help us move bigger items-figured more economical this way and then just sell the trailer when we are finished moving.

 No word back yet on Hubs two heart tests. He is doing fairly well considering our long busy days-but he tires really fast. Today was a very long day for us-an all "dayer"-is that a word?? haha

Hubs found some really nice used shelving on Facebook Marketplace that will look nice and will be perfect for his book collection. It was located on our way home from the lake-to another lake house.

  We had a little time to kill before picking up the shelving, so we stopped at the grocery store that is in the next town over from the lake house. It was called G2M-have never heard of this one. A fairly large looking store, and the parking lot is always full.
   Actually I am realizing that shopping will still be a drive from our new home. This one not too bad around 25 minutes. 
    The fresh veggies and fruits looked nice and they were mostly all labeled grown in USA  which I was happy about-some of the prices not so much. A fresh head of cauliflower was over $4.00-I just paid $1.99 last week at the small Aldi store near me now also grown in the USA. The meat section was good looking as was the dairy section. They also have a butcher, a bakery, and a buffet eating area for lunch.
   We also drove in the opposite direction to Versailles, Mo which will be around a 30 to 40 minute drive from the lake house. We have always lived very rural so we are used to driving far-but I was hoping this city would have been a bit closer. It is the capital for Morgan county, we found a small Wal mart store along with lots of various small shops for tourists and also resale type shops too. This town also is to have a farmer's market by the Amish-so am anxious to check that out this summer.
   I do allot of buying online now and look for free shipping. I buy most of my gluten free baking items that way, and I learned lately that Sam's Club has free shipping on many of their items too-and cleaning supplies etc are much cheaper from them-so I will be doing more of that for sure.

I am still spinning my buffalo roving into yarn in the evenings. This last spindle full is so much nicer - a finer yarn-finally



I don't use baking mixes hardly ever, but I do use some of the gluten free ones-especially breads, this one turns out so good-is loaded with raisins and cinnamon and yummy toasted for peanut butter sandwiches.

My beverage reference this week This one is really nice, fruit juices, low in salt and sugars, and not bubbly which is better on my stomach.


Happy T Day everyone

17 comments:

  1. Busy and exciting days preparing your new home. We used to have to travel a half an hour away just to get bread and milk. A few years ago, a giant Walmart opened up next town over about 10 min. Not crazy about their produce. Then 2 years ago, a grocery store opened up 2 miles from the house! And thank heavens for the convenience of online shopping. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree I do love online shopping living so rural-and I don't enjoy driving so love it even more lol

      Delete
  2. I would have problems if I lived so far away from shops, as I don't have a car, but I can reach one supermarket on foot and 2 others on the bus. Ad my neighbour takes me once a week for a big shop so that's great. Your bread looks delicious. Happy T Day, look after yourself. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you found shelving. I hope you don't overdo yourselves and get sick. That would not be good. But it was smart to get that trailer. You never know, you might end up needing to keep it, but if not, you have the option of selling it, at least.

    My friend Sally buys a TON of stuff online. She even buys her cat supplies online at Chewy (food and litter). I'm old fashioned. If I can't feel it, touch it, inspect it, I won't buy it. I read labels, I inspect everything before I plop down my hard earned cash. I just can't seem to even consider ordering anything online. BUT, I live in the largest city in Kansas, and within a mile of my home, there is a WalMart Market, a CVC (I think that's the name, although I've never been inside), an Aldi, and a Kroger (Dillon's). There is also a big box lumber yard, and a bunch of fast food restaurants. That means I'm spoiled when it comes to my neighborhood. All I have to do is cross the river and I'm there.

    Thanks for sharing your Blueberry Passion Fruit with us, as well as your trip to the Lake House for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will find a way with the new shopping there I am quite sure!
    You are such a clever person!
    Happy T-Day
    Susixxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have had a full and busy week. Travelling to the grocery store must take a large part of the day when they are a distance away. I think I would be looking for on line as well, however I count my blessing when I realise how short my journeys are to grocery shop where I live in the UK.
    Your bread mix sounds a real tasty loaf and your drink refreshing
    Happy T day wishes Kathy.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. We live a aways from shopping. It is just a part of life to me. It sounds like things are going together well though. I bet with the nice weather you are looking forward to spending more time outside. I enjoyed our past weekend when it was spring like and now we are back in the cold. Enough of this already. happy T day kathy. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly are in the busy times. I've always lived very close to many varieties of shopping places so I guess I'm spoiled and it would take some getting used to to have to drive out to shop.Your drink sounds refreshing-one I'd try. Enjoy setting up your new home, but take some breaks too. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you are still super busy, pleased to hear Hubby is keeping well and not over doing it,it will be great when you are moved and can enjoy your new home.
    I love that bread toasted with butter!
    Take Care and Happy T Day
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pleased that you are moving things into your lake house, you are always so busy getting things in order and it will be lovely to relax and look at those amazing views once you've finished! Your exploring to look for shops sounds fun too 😁. Happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Moving is so much WORK! Hope you and your husband pace yourselves so you don't get too tired. I use quite a few Bob's Red Mill products, we aren't GF but I might try the one you used just for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know you'll be glad to hear back from those tests. Moving can be stressful and tiring. We've lived in rural areas before, and it's a different lifestyle when you have to buy groceries at a store 20+ minutes away by car than when you can walk to one a couple of blocks away. But we don't have a lake ;) and that might be a trade-off that'd pay off for me :)
    At lease these days there's online shopping with delivery to the door. Hoorah for the modern conveniences!

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Exploring the new area to find places to shop can be fun, but it sounds like the prices aren't so fun. I think Walmart has free shipping over a certain price, but I don't know how extensive their grocery selection is. I think Amazon is trying to sell groceries online, but I don't what their shipping deals are. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds very exciting that you are preparing for the move. Packing can sure take a lot of energy out of you.
    We live in a rural are as well but we do have the only Wal-Mart for miles around at the bottom of our hill. It is really nice for a quick run of something we forgot.
    Your GF bread looks delicious.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds you have been busy. Don't overdo it though. Health is more important.
    I guess you are used to travelling for your supplies having lived rurally already. You will soon find out which stores are best for what when you live there. Although 4$ for a cauliflower is a bit steep.
    That GF bread really turned out well, and I bet it was delicious.
    Hugs,
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  15. i´m always smitten how you spin buffalo wool! must be really warm i suppose.
    have a great week, kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seeing the spun yarn makes me want to do that again, so badly. Arthritis doesn’t get better, so I’m still looking for whatever will make my hands as good as they can be. I hope I can spin again. So much work for you both with moving, but I get the feeling you are close to actually doing it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit