Friday, April 5, 2019

DIY Recycle Projects-Denim

  In honor of Earth Day this month I will be posting some recycle projects.

Today I am sharing recycle from denim clothing.
 
   There are so many projects that can be made with old blue jeans. I have made quite a few quilts with them, and also deep shopping bags with them too.

   Sharing some links with more great ideas from old denim clothing

               7 Projects here   A few photos from this link



 denim-bunting diy-recycled-clothing-denim7

Love this quilt

denim-bunting diy-recycled-clothing-denim5

denim-bunting diy-recycled-clothing-denim3


Denim bags-if you Google search or check on Pinterest there are lots and lots of free patterns available for old jeans to make into all sorts of bags.
     here is a link to a bag I made  was happy to see it still here-I made my bag with the seams in front of the bag-clipped them to make raggy. I made this over 10 years ago and still use it for shopping.
   If you read my blog years and years ago you may remember this one. This is a great pattern


DIY Market Bag Made from Old JeansThis DIY market bag does double duty: recycles old denim and reduces your single use plastic consumption!

 Gardening is just around the corner-here is a DIY garden apron and tool caddy-love this
Creative Ideas DIY Repurpose Old Jeans into Garden Apron and Tool Caddy Wonderful DIY Garden Apron and Tool Caddy from Old Jeans


What have you upcycled with denim jeans??

17 comments:

  1. I love the denim on the notebook! What a great idea!!!!!!! Kisses, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilt a lot. These are sure some clever ideas! hUGS-eRIKA

    ReplyDelete
  3. The link to your bag didn't work, but I also loved the denim on the notebook. I have a friend who made an over-the-door hanger using old denim jean pockets. It was clever, but didn't hold much. Halle made me a bag (PINK, even) using jeans Mini-me had as a very small child.

    Thanks for these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some clever ideas there. I have a tote and a handbag made from my old jeans. Always good to re-use things. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy i have been saving our old jean pockets for years and years and years to make a quilt just like that!! Maybe one of these days i'll get around to it.. Great idea having the flowers come out of the pockets.. :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. All great idea. I like the denim pocket on the notebook cover. That could be glued on for those of us who can't sew. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post reminds when of a button bag I made in my early blogging day. I still carry it today, never made it with denim but it could be. I might try that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oohh all the projects are wonderful Kathy !! Thanks so much for sharing, I specially like the quilt and your bag, it´s very beautiful and useful too.
    I wish you a very nice weekend,
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some great ideas reminds me of the things we did in the late '60's and 70's It''s a beautiful day in this part of MO.. heading out to pick up fallen limbs from the winter. There are more than normal. It's to wet from all of the recent rains to do muck else..squishy when you walk in most places

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember purses and bags made from worn-out denim :) I never wear them out any more lol and so never have jeans I can't still wear. These are such cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing these ideas.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great recycling Kathy , some great ideas and i enjoyed seeing the photos.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit