Friday, April 12, 2019

Spring Photos in the Ozarks-Lots of Photos

  Hi Everyone,
     Such a pretty day today that I grabbed the camera and took a walk near the house-here in the woods.
     The redbuds and the dogwoods are in full bloom now-so pretty especially in the woods where they are the pop of a color before the trees leaf out.
    The wild violets and dandelions are blooming now too. and the wisteria is just beginning to leaf out. The goldfinch males are in full color now, and I have a few more daffodils blooming. My lavender and oregano plant made it through the winter. So will dig those up to plant at the lake house.

   I had put some things on Facebook Marketplace to sell. Hubs is doing really well selling small machinery items etc-so thought I would give it a go.
   I had stored up 6 huge boxes and 2 small boxes of blue jeans that I had already washed twice and cut apart at the seams, taken off the waist bands the pockets etc so all useable fabric. I have made allot of quilts for returning soldiers with them, and many gifted quilts. I had planned on weaving rugs with the rest.
   For someone to take all I wanted $75.00  A elderly couple (older than me lol) drove out to take a look at them, I couldn't get her to tell me what she had in mine-individual box, or all of it-so I was mentally prepared ha ha. She offered $50.00 for all I told her no way as if I sold each box seperate it would be $100.00 so discounted already at the $75.00 So she came up to $60.00-I wanted $70.00 Hubs says $65.00. She still said no-so then her husband took a look at them and says there are allot of jeans here and they are all clean Yes I say-- so He takes $5.00 out of his wallet and hands it to his wife to put her $60.00 to it. and then she needed us to haul them to her car.
    Hubs absolutely can not do that, and I knew I could do a few of the boxes but not all-so we called up a friend for his son's help.  Hubs saw that she gave him a tip lol    I am not good at this stuff. but at least 8 boxes are now gone and I got some money for them.



Now for the photos:  photos will enlarge to full size just click on them










Lavender


Oregano


Wisteria



This bird flew in just as I snapped the photo



Happy Friday and Weekend everyone!

22 comments:

  1. I love the beautiful spring photos from your walk, Kate.
    I have oregano plant at my house, too.
    I am glad you sold your jeans fabrics, but it is a pitty that we do not live close, otherwise I would buy them!!!
    Hugs, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting rid of all those jeans. That is wonderful. And your photos of springtime are wonderful. You are so much further along on spring where you are. The trees are just now starting to bud here. Wonderful, wonderful photos today, dear. Sorry I'm late visiting. My time is not my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got rid of the jeans fabric, even if it was a lot of work. Lovely photos. Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks I am happier today now that they are gone and these were heavy too

      Delete
  4. Gosh you had a real hard time getting a reasonable price for you boxes of jeans fabrics. I think many folk just want to pay as little as possible and hope as they are standing there the offer would be accepted.
    Your photos all look lovely, spring has arrived in your part of the world.
    Have a good weekend
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you are so right-she came with idea on much she would pay and that was it-she didn't realize all of the work spent cutting them all away from the seams oh well lol

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos, Kathy. You captured the impact of Spring in all of them. It may be hard to give up this kind of serenity when you move, but living on water brings its own kind of beauty found nowhere else. Funny bargaining selling the jeans! In the end, they are gone. A lot less to move is worth something! I never saved my husband’s old jeans, and now I’m glad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep in the end I am glad they are gone too-I got paid a little for all those hours I spend washing and drying all of these, and cutting all the seams, waistbands, pockets off-ready to sew with-I don't think she understood the work involved

      Delete
  6. I'm not good at selling stuff. I hate the bartering and nickel and diming. At least you got rid of the boxes. Your photos are gorgeous. My Spring is so far behind yours. I love the violets and dandelions. The goldfinches have returned to my bird feeder, but the males haven't got their brilliant color yet. Love the photo of the bird swooping in to the feeder. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CJ I am glad you caught the photo swooping in to the feeder-that was my favorite one. I am not good at selling at all-at least they are gone and I got some money for all my work with those jeans

      Delete
  7. Glad you got to enjoy those blooms. They’re beautiful. I love wisteria and love it when it blooms near dogwoods and azaleas. What a sight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haggling is something I've never enjoyed. I just pay the asking price and move on. And then she needed somebody else to carry it? lol She's got that old-lady shtick down pat, doesn't she. I definitely need to work on that ;)

    I love the dogwoods and redbuds this time of year. Your redbuds are beauties! I wish I could attract the goldfinches, but nothing seems to work. We got a few here during two non-consecutive years, but it's been several years since the last time. They are such beautiful birds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like to haggle either-this lady was firm on her price-if Larry wouldn't have said 65.00 and her husband didn't put in the other 5.00 she would have walked after driving over an hour to get them lol
      do you feed the finches niger seed? that is their favorite food

      Delete
    2. I admire a stubborn woman who sticks to her guns lol, and she sounds like she's had haggling experience ;)

      I've tried the niger seed without success. I thought maybe my seed was old so bought new. I thought maybe my seed was poor quality so bought from a local Birds Unlimited shop. I've planted a little evergreen juniper tree, hoping they'll like the shelter as I don't have anything evergreen on my patio at all. Maybe they don't like this enclosed patio environment?

      Delete
    3. I think you are right a very experienced haggler-but they were in their 80's lol
      I wonder if the gold finches are just not numerous in your area-you are doing everything good-as niger seed is their favorite

      Delete
    4. Yes, I guess that must be it. They are very spotty. I've seen them but they don't stay, so I'll hear people say they got a tree-full of goldfinches but that they were gone the next day. Maybe they just migrate through Memphis but don't stay. And then this little patio isn't the best place for attracting birds that prefer open areas.

      Delete
    5. ours stay year round but we live in the middle of the woods right now too-wonder if they are up at the lake or not. I am bringing my feeders. the hummers are do here anytime-will be hard for me not to feed them here in the woods-they usually arrive around the 15th. I am going to look for a spot to hang a feeder at the lake next time we go up. I bet your gold finches are passing through

      Delete
    6. I do hope you get hummingbirds at the lake house. I have red Pentas out for them and will put the feeder up as soon as I hear they're around here. No sightings yet. The birds, even the sparrows lol, are so much fun to watch :)

      Delete
  9. everything is so beautiful. Glad you got rid of all those boxes. Those people will probably be selling them at yard sales. People do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she told me she was going to make a bunch of things to donate to charities-I don't think she really understood how much was there-no waste at all as I had already washed and cut from the seams and pockets

      Delete
  10. Well done to get rid of it - such beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit