Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Part 2 of Eco Print on Papers-ok Smiling Now

If you are seeing this post first I would suggest going to my post before this one-you will appreciate this one more.

So this second stack of watercolor papers I added rit indigo dye to the water bath. I only thought of this from watching a you tube video online.
  Note: these papers are also out of the dye bath and rinsed so very wet still

I was smiling and wowing over these-and I got a bonus
   all photos will enlarge to full size just click on them











And the bonus?? the parchment papers between each paper and leaves also got printed-how cool is that??  

     Paper artists-any ideas how to use these?






Conclusions:  there were still some leaves too dark-black, but the dye in the dye bath is what made the difference with these. Many use logwood and other natural dyes in the simmering water-for now I am thinking I will save those for fabrics and use the rit dye for these purchased papers.

10 comments:

  1. I am also wowing! I don’t see any I don’t like, I just see beauty. The blues and yellows are striking together. I just like making paper, don’t know what to do with it either. I’ll also be watching for ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out so beautifully. Those papers would definitely look great as backgrounds. You could stitch or handwrite a poem or quote and attach it to the paper then frame it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd turn them into a book or even an assemblage tied together with string between four large branches. I am wowed by these. I love the yellows. They paired nicely with the blues.

    I wonder if deli paper would work between papers as well as parchment paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The papers and even the parchement turned out so beautifully! A great idea - I saw this at YT recently with blue dye( it was a man who shoed it as I remember) and I was impressed . And I am impressend with your results as well! AMAZING papers Kathy! Gorgeous!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW. these papers are awesome, even the bonus parchments are beautiful.
    You have created some unique and stunning papers.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So did you add the dye to paper with the leaves on it or did you first dye the paper and add the leaves? They came out great. I probably missed a post while we were gone but I love the results. They look handmade which is better than those that look made by machines. Hugs erikA

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit