Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Wow Another Tuesday is Upon Us

  Good morning everyone,
      The time and days are still just flying by me faster than ever it seems.
    Today is also T Stands for Tuesday with our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth-link in my right had column-please join in-we share a drink related post with friends.

   I am not going to link up this week (although I will be visiting) I have been busy busy every day but no photos to share. 

   I spent the full weekend baking cookies and more cookies. I wanted to send along a big box of four tins to our bachelor friend down in the Keys. He has had a rough several months-being hit with the hurricane-he lost allot but not his home so that was a blessing, and he lost his father so he needed to leave the Keys for northern Minnesota last month. He loves sweets so I did not skimp on them this year. lol
   My goal was to have everything baked for him and mailed on Monday to beat the rush of packages and I did. 
    Yesterday-Monday was our last warm day although it was extremely windy here all day-40 to 50 mile an hour winds. My goal for Monday was to clean up weeds and the wild wisteria vines in the front of our home. It was warm but very very windy-funny that I put this off for so long in hopes of a good rain first to now do this task in the wind. It went well and I got allot done-although there will be lots to do come spring with the wisteria-their vines are such fast growers hard to keep up with them all now. 

   The last few years I have had fun making my own papers and then turning them into Christmas cards. This year I decided to do something totally different-purchase blank postcards, stamps, inks and make my cards that way. The first stamp arrived right away as did one of the ink pads-and they turned out nice--I really loved another stamp and found it for half the price so just got that in. and Yesterday I got two more ink pads gold and silver that I found for less than the price of one on ebay so they arrived too--so that's what I will be doing today-playing with my postcards and getting them ready to mail.

   Our weather has finally turned into more like the month of December last night. A big cold front moved in along with a fast moving lightening and rain storm that lasted only about 15 minutes. so instead of being 70 degrees f we will have a high of 40's and then the temperatures will continue to fall over the next 10 days.
  I can do without having any ice storms-which are more prevalant here than big snow storms-but I have been looking for a little bit colder weather-cause I love to make soups and stews and homemade breads this time of year.

   I hung up our seed bird feeders a few weeks ago so we have had many visitors-enjoying that along with our deer visitors.

Have an awesome week everyone!!

  

13 comments:

  1. So glad you stopped by to visit, even without T photos. Sounds like it's been a very busy week for you and the baking is very time consuming. I see all of MO got rain yesterday. We are still bone dry here, and it has turned cold, too. So, yes, December has finally arrived.

    I was in MO last week for a day on business. I stopped at a restaurant and knew I was "home" in MO when the gal said "welcome, ya'all." I had forgotten that until she said it.

    Hope to see you at T next week and I'll be watching to see what your postcards look like, too. That sounds like an economical way to send a Christmas greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so nice how you care for your friend:) and i´m sure you´ll have fun stamping your Cards!
    thanks for leaving a comment on my blog:) xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a really good friend Kathy! ♥♥♥
    Happy week!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been really busy, and got n enormous lot done, well done. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy, busy! Thoughtful of you to bake goodies for your friend. Sounds like you will have fun making your Christmas cards. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so thoughtful and the tins of cookies are sure to put a smile on his face - perfect! It sounds like you've had fun making Christmas cards too 😁. You'll definitely stay warm this winters with those soups and stews you have planned. Have a fun week! J 😊
    p.s. hope you like the deer on my journal page, I remembered they visit your woodland home and you are so lucky to see them up close, maybe they don't have the baubles on though ...lol 😉. J x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is windy here, too. I was walking on the sidewalk and had to stop and brace myself against a mailbox so that I wouldn't blow away!

    Good luck with your postcard-making. It sounds like fun. Happy T Day. 🙂☕️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you've been having lots of fun. Baking cookies sounds like a good way to spend some time. Hopefully this weekend I'll get my baking time. Sounds like you're ready for winter too. happy T day even if you didn't join in. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are always so busy !!! I just can't keep up that pace any more. I didn't post yesterday as my internet service is giving me fits again. Called the service and there is a line issue somewhere that they hope to have resolved today or tomorrow. So I'm on my phone and it takes me forever just to comment. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  10. How thoughtful of you....I'm sure your friend will appreciate and enjoy the cookies. WInter sure has been slow to arrive. We are cold now...35ish for the high, 19ish for the lows....wish it would snow! Stay warm friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing better on a cold day tan baking cookies and all sorts of sweet things. I'm sure your friend will be delighted. It is very good of you to think of him and what he likes since he has gone though so much.
    Making your own Christmas cards is fun. I really should do it too, but for some reason haven't. Too late now.
    Yes, wisterias are a lot of work. Please remember to post a picture of it next year when it is flowering. I'd love to see it.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Kathy,

    It looks like you're going to be all ready for Christmas! That's so nice to make cookies and send them to your friend. I have tons of rubber stamps that I need to haul out and do something with; thanks for the reminder. :)
    Love,

    Marqueta

    p.s. We had the lightning storm, too. My two girls were staying in a cabin with a tin roof (by Mansfield) and it was really loud!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit