Monday, September 25, 2017

T Stands for Tuesday & Still Texturing and Painting Walls and Ceilings

Good morning everyone,

   T Stands for Tuesday where we share a drink related post. Our hostess is Bleubeard and Elizabeth-just click on link in right hand column to join in.

  Not much new happening here still-the weather continues to be way too hot and humid so I am stuck indoors-which is a good thing since I am working every day for at least 6 hours on the hallway project. I did have to stop taking my 3 mile walks as the humidity was just too much even early mornings-sigh

   End of last week I did finish the first stage of my hallway project-hard to take photos-but I am very happy with the color-a soft grey for the walls and foggy skies for the ceiling.

This is the same texture tehnique I did in the bathroom but this time I am adding much more texture with the tissue paper-I am very happy with it (photos will all enlarge more just click on them)



This next photo you can see the grey a bit better-this is part of a window frame.


I took this photo so you can see the contrast of colors with the ceiling and the walls-funny a daddy long leg spider has already moved in to check it out lol didn't see him there when I took the photo.


and this photo is looking into the second section of the hallway-I just finished the texturing on this wall today.


To keep myself focussed and on target I am not doing in baking, or starting new projects-as I want this finished. Hopefully we can find someone reasonable to hire to tile the bathroom and hallway before winter.

I have been spinning bison yarn a bit in the evenings, and also reading new releases from my favorite authors.

Since I love everything Yellowstone National Park-I couldn't pass up a super sale over on Shutterfly-for two days last week they were giving 40% off on hard cover photo books and also free extra pages up to over 100 pages-that was too good of a deal for me to pass up--so I made another photo book from my trip in May. 
    I also enjoy photos from Yellowstone over on facebook so I grabbed quite a few and set up a slideshow screen saver on my desk top computer so loving that. They have already had a week of snow-which started to melt now.

I am still getting several hummingbirds at the feeders-quite surprised many are still passing through this late in September.

For my drink I am sharing a couple of liqueurs I picked up a couple weeks ago-coconut, and a pumpkin pie spice--the pumpkin one is soooo delicious-no after taste no strong spices-just tastes like pumpkin pie-very nice. Also the coconut one is really smooth and nice too.



Oh and I wanted to share something fun. Our friends that make good fried catfish-called us up one evening last week around 7:30pm which is late for us-especially hubs-and said they were coming over with hot fish. We were thinking hot fish??  When the guys went fishing earlier in the week they only caught just a couple but three different kinds of fish-so our friend battered them up and fried them and brought them over hot along with a fresh baked apple pie right out of the even-now how is that for friends just poppin over? lol

Happy T Day everyone!

18 comments:

  1. Very chic textures, Kathy. A lot of work, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have accomplished a LOT of work in that hallway. I'm super impressed and really adore the texture you got. I want to run my hand over it and admire it. Simply a wonderful accomplishment.

    Sounds like you got a really good deal on those photos. My problem would be that I would take forever to decide which 100 I would choose, especially since I take so many photos whenever I'm out and about.

    You have to admit that you have some very good, albeit unusual, friends. Sounds like they are real keepers!

    I used to love coconut, but my tastes have changed and I no longer care for the taste. In fact, I avoid it. However, I simply LOVE pumpkin, and even though I'm not a drinker, that pumpkin liqueur sounds fabulous.

    Thanks for sharing your wall texture and paint, your shutterfly photo sale, and your liqueurs with us for T this soon-to-be Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this all sounds great. Pumpkin pie drink - yummy! And the fried fish and pie supper made by our friends sounds great. Your hall is looking really good. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your should be really pleased with all the work and texture you have added to your walls. The finish and light colours look fantastic.
    The liqueurs sound interesting not flavours I have seen here in the UK, I think they would be quite delicious.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're summer hot and humid right now also. UGH. I really want fall weather. I wish I knew about that shutterfly deal. I have a photo book I want printed and have been waiting for a good sale. Oh well, maybe I'll catch it next time. Your hallway is looking amazing. You're doing a great job with it. :) Hope you have a fabulous T day and stay cool. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hallway project looks great. After a day of painting and texturing, the liquers look good, too. I love coconut. And what nice neighbors you have. Enjoy your T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your texture work, and Grey is a good choice i think. i hope you find somebody for tiling soon. happy t-day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic work with this texture Kathy! I would love to taste this
    liqueurs - sounds both great!
    Happy week and T-Day Kathy!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what great friends! I love fried catfish! Your walls are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The texture and subtle colors on your wall are lovely, Kathy. It looks like the end is in sight! 7:30 would be late for me too for supper, but what a thoughtul surprise. And apple pie, too, yum!

    Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are so proud of yourself Kathy!!! I'm proud of you! i know what it is to stick to a time consuming project like that...Wow! It looks beautiful!

    I don't do catfish or fish much at all... But boy what nice friends! That apple pie now would have been GONE.. all mine... lol Happy happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your textured walls are so interesting and I like the grey's you've used. You definitely have great friends :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you have created so much texture on your walls using the tissue paper, it must have taken ages to create. Yellowstone Park is such a wonderful place, I can see why you love it so much 😀. We picked up a couple of books during our stay at Yellowstone, one about the animals and another called "Guardians of Yellowstone" all about the challenges of protecting the park, they are both very interesting reads. I would love to try the Pumpkin Spice liquor - yum! Happy reading and wishing you a very Happy T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fried fish and hot apple pie! That would be a welcome treat :) Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your renovation work..looks very labor intensive. Happy tday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your walls are looking great! this weather is starting to get to me too. More the humidity than the heat and the lack of rain. It saddens me to see things turning brown so early.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was nice catching up with your news Kathy. You're doing great with the hallway walls! I hope you can soon enjoy some fall weather (I'm hoping the same for us up here too!). Glad to hear you're still getting some visits from the hummingbirds ... and from good fishy friends!! Have a great week!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your walls look lovely! I like gray very much. You have wonderful friends to bring you fried fish and apple pie. The liqueurs sound great as well. How cool that you have hummingbirds to watch. We don't have any exciting birds visiting.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit