Saturday, September 10, 2016

I Am Almost to the End of Tying the Quilt



(photos will enlarge)

I have been working on this for a few hours each day. It has worked out comfortably to do three rows at a time before moving the quilt on the rollers. 

I always start in the middle and then work one side and then go back and do the other side. The second side has gone faster as I know I am almost done so work at it longer.

I forgot that I had planned this side the 4 inch squares-to have one extra row on all sides to use for the binding-I forgot how clever I can be lol

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling of wondering if you will ever get to the end. Once upon a very long time ago, I hand-quilted large quilts, but again, that was a very long time ago. The last one was around 1989. My hands started rebelling, and I've been trying, sewing buttons, or machine quilting since. My favorite method is tying because it's so traditional and the purist way. This quilt has the look of the early frontier when quilts made use of every scrap of fabric to bring warmth. That's you, Kathy, traditional. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking good and will be a treasure to someone some day :) I love getting out my grandmothers quilt and cuddling up with it. I don't use it regularly now but once in a while just to bring her closer to me.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit