Sunday, September 17, 2023

Welcome New Week & More This & That

 Good morning, September seems to be moving along too fast for me and it's just mid month.  We got much needed rain last night, but it did mess up a project we are working on. Living on a hill has it's challenges for the flow of water to not end up in the basement. The people before us knew nothing about that so we are trying to fix some things.

   We have been digging a trench on the top of the stairs near the little road Larry uses to get down to the lake. Quite the job as there are lots of large rocks to separate out of the sand and soil we found in there along with gravel, plastic all sorts of stuff. Larry will install drainage pipe to direct the flow of the rain water.

  Some how last week, I pulled a muscle on my left side around my waist down to my hip area, or something got out of whack-no I won't be seeing a chiropractor the ones down here scare me as they are too rough. Instead I have been doing some exercises, laying on the floor etc. a bit better this morning but not by much-so trying to be careful.  Larry needs to be careful too as he is in worse physical shape than I am.  Before this happened, I have been sorting out large rocks from the soil, so when we put the ditch back together Larry will layer it as it should be, this morning solid mud-so not happening on my part. Larry is doing some hand digging though this morning.

  Some of you may remember when a few years after my Mom had passed that I went on a Yellowstone Park trip with my friend in 2017,  I had been reading Peggy Henderson's time travel series books about Yellowstone, so I think to help with the healing from my Mom-I searched online for weeks for vintage sterling charms to represent Peggy's first book Heart Song. I had brought that bracelet along on my trip to show Peggy-she was amazed how many charms I had found. I also made a vintage charm bracelet with wolves-I love wolves- and a start of a second Yellowstone charm bracelet-for the extra charms.  

   A month or so ago I picked up a very cheap charm of a spinning wheel and put it on a necklace chain along with a cheapy wolf charm. This weekend-I decided to look for vintage sterling charms of a sheep and a spinning wheel as an upgrade. Etsy was having a sale for 5 dollars off almost anything on their site. Well the charms I found that I loved were out of my price range or too large. so I hunted for a few days instead on Ebay. 

  Ebay is a good site for sterling vintage charms. I found the sweetest sheep-lamb that had me smiling after hours on the search. I found a spinning wheel charm I really liked and contacted the seller to ask some questions Turns out the seller just turned 70  years old and she found this charm in her late Mom's items that she remembered her wearing 50 years ago. I loved the story and she marked it down for me.



  Most of the sheep charms were very bulky and did not look like sheep to me, this one stole my heart and to me looks like a lamb.  This has me inspired to get out my charm bracelets, and I think I have a couple more charms to put on those.

   A busy week ahead for us: a couple of dr's appts-check ups, get this ditch completed, go to the woods house, food shopping-we will see how all this goes or not  😀

  I am a football fan-always have been-so will be recording the KC Chiefs game so I can later buzz out all the commercials and commentary-when you do that it is surprising how short the actual game is.  

  I also wanted to share a movie that my husband had recorded, I think I read this came out around 2018. I watched it last night.

   This takes place 20,000 years ago in Europe towards the end of the ice age.  I loved this movie-there was a couple rough scenes but knew about this technique that the Native Americans used to kill numerous bison for food for the tribe over winter, and it's about wolves, of course I held back tears in spots too will watch it again. The special effects were amazing



Have an awesome week

25 comments:

  1. Oh dear-can you use a heating pad on your pain? That's what we always do. I do hope you recover quick! I LOVE the charms you got! How wonderful that you know the story with the spinning wheel! I'll be praying for you this week-for the appointments and so on. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra, I just updated this blog post too with a movie.
      I have not been able to find a heating pad that is made in the usa so I haven't gotten a new one-that would help I think. I was able last night and this morining to do more stretches on the floor-this is going to take a while I think.
      I fell in love with these two charms and so glad I contacted the seller of the spinning wheel-makes it more special Thank ou for the prayers-hugs

      Delete
  2. Blessings to you my friend. I like the charms very much and everything else about this post. Have a blessed week. Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Digging those water run off trenches (for lack of a better word) is a lot of work. We have to do that at my mother-in-law's as her house is on a hill too and water wants want to run down into the lake. I like those old fashion charms too. I have a couple of bracelets I've made, not that I get to wear them at home that much, but they still have a lot of meaning. It amazes me how many styles of vintage charms you can buy. I hope you have a great new week ahead. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking that too, that I don't wear my bracelets but I do love them, I should start wearing them around at home These vintage charms can be a bit addictive too I love the search for them.
      Yes this water trench is allot of work and is something that should have been done in the past before we bought the home-at least Larry knows how to do these projects otherwise too expensive to hire someone.
      Happy new week hugs

      Delete
  4. Beautiful charms. I hope you feel better soon. - Anne (Cornucopia)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuck for water in the house! Ingo´s apartment flooded twice and boy, was that a mess! Hope yours is just clean water, not mud, too...
    Oh, no. Health really is an issue! My feet hurt after just a bit of walking, so reckon I need to see a doctor, this is not normal anymore.
    Love your charms!
    A packed week ahead indeed, good luck all goes well.
    Wow on the movie! I´ll keep the name in mind for sure.
    Have a great, productive and also fun week, hugs to you and the lake! (and get well soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those charms, so pretty. I hope you're not moving rocks after pulling that muscle! You are always so busy. I get less and less done from week to week, but there are a lot of things I can't do anymore. I wish you a good week to come, stay healthy, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope I am just sorting the rocks from the soil right now. this is probably too big a project for the both of us-so we only work a few hours early in the mornings Happy new week and thanks

      Delete
  7. We enjoyed that movie too Kathy. Have you seen the movie '10,000 BC'? We enjoyed that too.. Oh your charms are sooo cute... I have a charm bracelet that took years to put together.. Every Holiday Hubby would buy me a bead or charm to put on it... They are all mostly Murano glass. But theres an owl , an envelope with a heart on it because i love to write.., a dolphin, anyway.. I added it up one day just for the heck of it... I was wearing a $600 bracelet !!!!! I couldn't believe it.. I feel like i should have guards or something when i wear it.. lol And i double and triple check the clasp..lol
    Well you and Larry be careful.. You'd be amazed what you can accomplish a little at a time.. Hope your side feels better soon.. Speaking of feeling better... Just took Hubs to the doc today.. Apparently he has bronchitis.. sigh.. They gave him steroids and antibiotics and a shot in the butt...lol He's feeling better already.. hope it stays that way.. Take care.. its hot here again and after the rain now its humid...uuughh.. I had hoped to not see the 90's again this year but ... not to be.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the quality charms do add up-I added up my yellowstone bracelet back when I made it-all charms and the bracelet are vintage sterling-the price was shocking-I won't wear it out of the house haha.
      so sorry your husband was ill steroids do amazing things when we need them. our temps are creeping up higher this week too-ugh such a relief without the humidity-so far at least. we really have sooo much to do too.
      take care hugs

      Delete
  8. Seems I/m late again. I LOVE the spinning wheel and the lamb. They are both so cute. I read what Deb wrote and had NO idea the cost of those. I had a charm bracelet when I was in high school. My grandparents gave me charms for my birthday, Christmas, etc. I had NO idea the cost of those charms.

    I wish I had a way to record the Chiefs. I love to watch them, but have started just watching the 4th quarter because it takes so much time. I don't have a dvr, and my VCR tapes no longer work.

    Thanks again for the postcard. I miss you for T, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your muscle is doing better. Not fun at all. What a sweet story bout the charm. It was meant to be with you now. I did purchase a few items on Etsy and got the 5 off. Looking forward to them arriving this week. Good luck with your project. Owning a home always seems like one project after another at times, but I love our home. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, today I am feeling like I am closer to recovery with my muscles. I am happy to read you found some things on etsy-I don't remember them offering a coupon like that before I do search around on etsy for different things. like that they are still mostly small shops
      Yes owning a home can be full of surprises-smiles I love our new to us lake home-great views-peaceful for our ages now-well mostly peaceful off seasons Have a good week

      Delete
  10. Prayers your left side will heal soon
    Moving stuff the last few days, my left side is also sore.
    Must be an age thing.
    The sheep charm is adorable, does look like a lamb.
    I've been watching on YouTube, The Island Diaries, about a couple that is renovating an cottage on a small island in Scotland's Hebrides. They are dealing with drainage issues as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That lamb charm is absolutely adorable! I like the spinning wheel too but the lamb -- precious. I hope by the time you read this -- since I'm ate commenting -- that your pulled muscle is pulling itself back into place (or already has). Been there, done that and it is absolutely miserable. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ouch! I do hope your pulled muscle is getting better ...
    The lamb charm is so lovely, the spinning wheel too!

    Hope your week is going well, we are having a very wet one here in the UK!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! I was told to visit your blog since we share a love of wolves, and to tell you hello from Iris Flavia as well. You have a lovely blog, and I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Hello back to Iris-a good online friend and we share slow mail too.
      Yes I do love wolves, as does my husband. years ago we had rescued a wolf pup from people that shouldn't have had a wolf-she was like a daughter to us. she has passed on several years ago but we still miss her

      Delete
    2. Oh, I am so sorry for your loss. My heart still aches for my soul dog (who was not a wolf) who passed away 7 years ago now. I think he had a part in putting my current dog in my life, Charlie, who needed better people in his life when I needed someone to love again.

      Delete
    3. They are always in our hearts we are in our mid 70's now so we decided to not find a new fur family member-wouldn't be fair to them
      special about Charlie hugs

      Delete
    4. Yes, I totally understand that. I turned 61 this year. Charlie will be my last dog, I think he is ten now. I also have two cats, a mother and daughter. Mom, Gracie, is about the same age as Charlie, and her daughter, Lucy, will be seven next week. They will be the last cats I have as well. It is too hard to find a rental with three pets, and I would like to travel back to Germany more when I retire. Hard to do with a whole crew to find sitters for.

      Delete
    5. It would be difficult to travel with several pets our last kitty was miss calico she was at least 20 years old when she passed I hope you are able to visit Germany again

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit