Saturday, November 28, 2020

A Christmas Movie for Saturday & My Christmas Tree

  I know I know many of my readers are not into Hallmark movies but I did really enjoy this one. 

  This one came out in 2018



More information about the movie here

Preview


   I don't always put up a Christmas tree-it has always been just the two of us and Larry is Jewish so he is not into Christmas trees all that much, but he doesn't mind that I enjoy one.  A few years ago I did a big splurge for me and bought a Balsam Hill mini tree (on sale), it had lights on it already and is really a lovely tree. It was perfect near our wood stove in the living room.

    Here at the lake house there are very few electric outlets but there is one in a perfect place that I can use for my craft light near the couch and the same one is perfect for this little tree in front of the window. I tried different things to set it on, most were too tall tall so I am using one of the old cheese boxes I have my dyed wool in-perfect height.  

   When I do put up a tree I do it Thanksgiving weekend so I can enjoy it for a month and then I take it all down New Year's Day

   Here are a few photos, and my sister in law and her daughter and husband dropped by Friday to pick me up to visit a nearby cave (will share that for T) and came back for pie and Christmas shopped here on their devices since they have no internet at their own lake house. She snuck a couple of photos of me too.




The elf ornament to the far right has quite a story. Each of us three kids got one, my brother has my sister's. One Christmas as children when we went to Chicago the theme was these elves. One bakery we went to had smaller versions for ornaments so Mom bought us each one.


Quite a few years ago the little country store close to the woods house had unique Christmas things-Larry picked up several of these Santa fish ornaments. To the left is a very vintage santa claus my Mom had when we were kids



This was my late sister's favorite ornament so I kept it


My Mom collected angels, this crystal one is perfect for the topper 


    Happy Thanksgiving weekend to everyone

16 comments:

  1. Lovely tree! Enjoy your film although it's not my choice, tastes are different and that's good so! Happy weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely Christmas tree in a beautiful setting.All those sweet decorations each representing a particular memory! I much prefer those old Christmas decorations that echo happy past events or people than the tinsel and glitter of new. Enjoy!! Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post! I enjoyed the pictures so much and reading about your special ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect, Kathy! So many memories of your siblings and your Mom. I also have a special Angel for the top of our tree. My grandmother dabbled in ceramics and made it. So far, it has survived many decades. I’d love a tree like yours, but my husband always has a desire for a real tree, so it hasn’t happened. I think it’s too much to do, so if he can still do it, Iguess he will have it. I’d also like to be able to sit on the floor like you! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's harder to get up off the floor now but I lay out allot of quilts on the floor so I need to haha

      Delete
  5. I've heard good things about those Balsam Hills trees. I only have room for table top trees, so one that size would fit perfectly in my home. Yours is gorgeous and I can tell you get into the decorations, too. I'm surprised you don't collect the various Hallmark series of ornaments, since you are such a fan of Hallmark. I have three or four series, but they are too big for my tiny trees I have. You found a great place for yours,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those Hallmark ornaments are really nice but they are on the expensive side too and like you mentioned I would need a full size tree I do really love my Balsam Hill tree

      Delete
  6. Your tree is gorgeous Kathy. And what a view. Both a cheery tree and the lake. It is nice to see you also. I am so happy the holidays are here. We need something festive the way 2020 has been. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable tree! The small ones have a personality as bit as any.
    Happy Week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great little tree to bring in a BIG, BEAUTIFUL (I hope) Christmas for you and your Honey!...:)jp

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit