Sunday, December 1, 2019

Second on the 2nd Christmas Cookies

  Wow we are starting a new month already and getting towards the end of 2019 as well.

  For this event we share a post a second time on the 2nd of each month. You are most welcome to join us with our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth.

   I went back in my older blog posts and looked for something around this same time period but in a different year.  Since we are getting into the holiday baking time-which I have always enjoyed, I thought I would share a previous post with some recipes.

  Posted December 3, 2010 on a Friday when I used to take part in sharing recipes on Fridays  Here is the direct link

                     

Here is one of the cookie recipes that is posted in the link which was one of my Mom's favorites for the holiday cookie boxes.


Meringue Nut Cookies
Preheat oven to 200 degrees f
Lightly butter and flour wax paper, put on the cookie sheets.
Beat 3 large egg whites until foamy Add 1/8 tespoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
Beat until stiff.
Gradually stir in 3/4 to 1 cup sugar.
Fold in 2 cups coarsley ground nuts.
Drop on lined cookie sheet. Bake 1 hour to 1 1/4 hours til slightly brown
Let cool, peel off wax paper.
Makes 3 dozen



  My baking has changed a bit now-still baking gluten free, heart and diabetic friendly but now I am watching carbs more and using mostly keto sugars.
    I have tried a few baked goods with just almond flour and I really don't care for those-a heavier cookie and for me hard to digest with all the nut flour.
    So for me what is working is using coconut or almond flour and the gluten free flour together. For my husband I am going back to King Arthur's unbleached wheat flour and mixing in a bit of the almond flour.

My Mom would bake up allot of the meringue cookies that have no flour at all.

Are you getting ready to bake up holiday goodies?

 I used to bake up allot and pass most of it out for Christmas gifts.  I bake up a few different cookies for us still and now just gift to a few people as I really enjoy the fun of baking during the holidays; and I have all those fun cookie cutters, stamps, molds, and rolling pins to play with.

Happy Second on the 2nd

7 comments:

  1. I have made meringue cookies similar to these in the past. They are such a delicate little cookie and so good. And, have no flour! Yay! Thank you for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would really like to bake cookies all year long and then keep them in the freezer for those times when we have unexpected guests, but so far it hasn't really happened. Almond flour on its own usually makes things extra soft, where coconut flour can make them really dry. It's usually better to mix them with a regular flour to get the right consistency. So far have not been a huge fan of coconut flour. Happy December!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made a LOT of cookies in the past, but never got the courage to make the meringue cookies. They sound wonderful, but I can't even make good meringue for pie. I doubt my cookies would turn out right. However, I might try this recipe if I have a few extra eggs this year. At least they sound good.

    Thanks for sharing these. I might actually try the Macadamia Nut White Chocolate Cookies. I have some macadamia nuts from Hawaii that I should probably use before they go bad. Thanks, too, for sharing your cookies as your second look on the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love meringue cookies. King Arthur makes a gluten free flour called Measure for Measure. Substitute 1 to 1 in all your favorite recipes that use AP flour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cookies sound very tempting, I love meringue cookies. Happy 2nd on the 2nd, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't do much baking, but there's a pecan pie in my near future. Talk about carbs! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never had a meringue cookie. I bet they are good. Thanks for sharing. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit