Friday, March 22, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

I will be gone most of Saturday, but I thought I would post a movie to share this week.

  A favorite movie did not come to mind so I decided to see what was playing the year I was born 1949.

  I found something I know my father would have enjoyed watching:
      12 O'Clock High  a war movie.

           

and I always enjoy watching Gregory Peck  More about the movie here 
  This movie won 2 oscars. The story line taken from this link

 In this story of the early days of daylight bombing raids over Nazi Germany, General Frank Savage must take command of a "hard luck" bomber group. Much of the story deals with his struggle to whip his group into a disciplined fighting unit in spite of heavy losses, and withering attacks by German fighters over their targets. Actual combat footage is used in this tense war drama.

 A video clip here

Stop by CJ for a movie too and Bleubeard and Elizabeth may post a movie too

Happy Saturday Afternoon at the Movies.






10 comments:

  1. I completely forgot. I'm still not thinking about Saturday as movie day. I guess I need to start writing it on my calendar, because I completely forgot. Maybe because I am so far behind visiting people. Thanks for sharing this, but obviously I've never seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up after the war, and war movies and cowboy films were all the rage, but they are not things I would watch today. Have a great weekend, good luck with the move. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know this film - I like Gregory Peck - he always was such a handsome actor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a war movie fan, but I've seen this one. It's a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother was once in love with Gregory Peck!!! My husband loves cinema and theater, I prefer the museums. We are leaving now to visit a Leonardo Da Vinci's exchition in a a museum near home. Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a good movie. He was a great actor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen this and it is a good film. These vintage WWII movies feel so much more authentic than those made in more modern times. Happy rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think my hubby would enjoy this one too 😁. I hope you had a lovely weekend and wishing you a happy new week! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wishing you lots of joy with your new blog:) cheers!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit