Thursday, March 21, 2019

At The Lake House Today

  We are beginning to get some lovely warmer days here in the Ozarks.
Still right at freezing in the early mornings but it has been warming up into the 50'sf Full sun today so our guys were able to start laying down the pavers now that they have the drainage pipes in. I am so excited it looks amazing so far.

all photos will enlarge just click on them



The color of the pavers is not showing well but they are Chicago red-it will tie in with the roof color and pick up colors in the rock wall. They got half of it done-hope to finish it next week. We can only get these two together on Thursdays-and sometimes the weather has not been good for outside work. So the work has been slower to get finished.

My project today was to start painting the main living area. I had two gallons left of the light grey I used in the hallway so thought this paint color would make this area lighter and more welcoming. They painted most everything this dull white color-you can see the doors and trim- that was what they painted everything in this large area. ugh and you know me and whites-I do not care for them.

Down the road and if we can find a sale I would love to change up all of these doors and trims to solid oak-and stain instead of paint-would match in with the oak floors nicely.

So far this color grey turned out darker than what it looks like here in the hallway-so I am anxious to see these walls when dry.
   I am going to pick up a gallon of semi gloss for the doors and trim that will be a shade off from the walls-or perhaps a brown-not sure yet lol.





These doors lead to my craft room, basement, and Hubs extra room and in the corner to the left is the bathroom with shower and tub, also laundry area. and to the right of these doors is a closet-loving that for our coats.


When we bought this house there was a really nice cabinet in another room, that looked like it matched in with the kitchen cabinets. It has lots of shelves so perfect for a pantry space. It was pretty beat up so Hubs has been fixing it up so we can use it. I think what happened when the previous owners upgraded to a larger refrigerator they took this cabinet out to get the frig in.
   In the back you can see the wood we put up-they had gross wallpaper back there-I stained this area last weekend. The right side of this cabinet will need to be strained also once in place. There will be enough space between this cabinet and the refrigerator for all my large boards I use for cutting food on and also a vintage one for rolling out cookies and pie dough.


Today I could really see projects being on their way to completion

   Next week Wednesday the carpet will be installed for our bedroom, and I hope to get painting and staining finished. We also need to grout in those tiles-and stain the wood that was under those stone columns.
    and our home phone is now working yeah (we don't use smart phones).

We don't care for how they set up those blind type drapes over the wall of windows. The way they have it set up when the drapes are opened up, it covers a large area at both ends of the windows.
  We are going to take all that down and have longer rods so when the drapes are opened up all the windows will be showing.  I will make or look to buy some drapes for here.

  Happy Friday and weekend everyone. Spring has officially arrived!!

11 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you. You and Deb have really taken on projects that impress me. Your home is going to be fabulous once it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been working really hard on your home. Looks like it is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, things are coming along and the space looks beautiful.Exciting to see your project taking shape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks great. You guys are making good progress. Yay for Spring finally arriving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is looking fantastic Kathy. And like you have done a lot of work, compared to the photos I remember you showing us. It all takes so much time though. I am planning of doing over a bathroom this summer and hope it will actually get finished. For me that means leaving the hubby out of the project. Smile. Happy Friday. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home looks amazing, Kathy. You are busy now but when it is finished I am sure you will be excited. And I love that you will have your own craft room. Hugs, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely progress! Enjoy the fruits of your labors. Taking up residence can’t be far away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like it's all coming together. I like that light color for your main living area and your idea for the window coverings. Exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks great/ I like that gray color

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy you are making progress with every post you share of the work you are doing at the Lake house. The colour of the walls looks lovely.
    Have a good weekend.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear spring has arrived at your Lake house 😁. Wow, your house is looking amazing with all the work that you are doing! I love the grey paint, it looks wonderful and seems to have dried lighter too 😀. It will be great to increase the views through the windows too, I don't know why people always seem to hang curtains that way when there is room for them not to obscure the window. I bet you can't wait until it's all finished, it will be so amazing and so exciting! Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit