Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Happy Wednesday & My Rug Loom is On it's Way to Kentucky

 Hi everyone,
    I'm sorry that I missed T but things were kinda crazy busy here. I will try to stop by for a visit sometime this week.

   I needed an afternoon to finish "digging" out my big weaving loom. My friends have been in Arizona for the last 6 months and are now headed back home to Kentucky. So they caught us on their way home. They just left here a bit ago.

   My tears have been just under the surface all day today having to sell my loom. I did need to let this go though-it takes allot of space around the loom as well to be able to weave on it comfortably. and there is no room at the lake house for it. Also this is a rug loom with a heavy beater and I don't think my shoulder would be very happy with that now. I do still have my 30" weaving loom which is easier for me to handle.

   I have been looking at the 4 harness Saori looms from Japan the CH60 model that is all wood and does not fold up. These looms are made to be so much easier to weave on, they have allot of very unique ideas in the design and workings of this loom, but they are only around 23 inches weaving width.
    For Saori style weaving they sew small pieces together to make the clothing.  The price though is a bit much around $2,500.00 plus for different add ons.
     So that is out of the question-for now. I did find a dealer that explained the differences in the looms, it is difficult to find information about them unless you have a dealer nearby.
    I love this one the most-and these do not take up allot of space. here is a photo from her shop on etsy.
   Saori is a style of weaving-an art form, anything goes, so I can still weave saori style with the loom I still have.-I am anxious to try this



  We all had a good visit, and my friends needed some down time too from their long days of driving. They have their truck hooked up to a huge camper trailer filled with things, and then they rented a big truck to haul more plus my loom. His father had passed so he was also bringing home lots of tools etc.

  I made us lunch which I forgot to take photos of-potato mushroom soup, big tossed salad, crackers with cheddar cheese and some salami's.

 I did get a couple photos of my 45 inch loom.

all photos will enlarge

Before the take down


The guys unbolting the ends




  It is really just no fun getting older-with all the health issues that usually come up. My friend's husband (above) had a massive heart attack a few months before his father passed.  My husband's health has taken a set back since last week-they are changing some heart medicine around but that all takes time-he is super pale and can't lift anything at all right now. He also has gotten a rare autoimmune skin disease that we are working with a doctor on.
   I am asking for prayers and positive thoughts for his health and our move will happen smoothly. I want him to be fishing on the lake soon.

  We will be working up at the lake house tomorrow. The pavers have arrived so hoping the guys make allot of progress with that. I have a little more staining to do, and then I can start painting the living room walls. We are getting our home phone and very fast internet service hooked up tomorrow (the wires had gotten cut back in January working on that drainage issue)-something new for us-fast internet to stream, watch you tube videos etc and no limits of use-we will feel spoiled with "real" internet ha ha. The tv service will also be so much better-lots of programming for lots less money.

  With my loom sold, and knowing I must downsize even more-I will be going through my vintage kitchen boxes Again-and really look at things-where can I put them in the lake house, and will I use them?  My crafts collections are still huge in the amount of space they need-I need to relook at some of those things too.  I am getting there-I just don't feel old enough to let go of my things-I think that is my issue.  I will get it all sorted out.

 

7 comments:

  1. I have a friend with a large loom and it takes up a whole room in her house. Sorry to hear you had to sell yours but hopefully you can get one of those smaller easier to use ones. Hope you aren't sad about it too long. And hope work on the new house is going well. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. The big loom is a lovely piece, but I am sure you will enjoy concentrating on the smaller, anything goes, pieces. Faster internet service and better tv viewing options surely makes for huge bonus for the lake house. And, on top of all of that, you get the lake. I do hope your hubby does well and is soon out enjoying the lake. Happy Spring to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sad to read about your loom, BUT, at least you know it will go to a good home, and one where it is loved and cared for,.

    Sorry to read about your husband. I hope they get his meds corrected soon. At least there are many positives about the lake house, so you can really count your blessings. Have a super Thursday, dear Kathy. Happy spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great but huge. I can understand that you will miss it though! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of work in many ways, but patience will win out, and the lakeviews await. The loom is on its way to a better place for it. Don’t fret, it’s just a “thing”. More importantly is Larry’s handle on his health. There are numerous kinds of autoimmune skin conditions, but I think they are manageable once figured out. Very weird how the body attacks itself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. really hope hubby starts feeling better. All this moving and fixing the new house is a lot of work. I know you will enjoy the fast internet. I don't know what I would do without mine. Sorry about your loom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must be sad saying goodbye to your loom, but I think your friend will enjoying using it and maybe sometime in the future you will be able to get the smaller loom you were looking for.
    I hope they will get your husbands medications and his skin problems under control soon. It must be worrying for you.
    On a positive note you seem to be making good progress at the Lake house.
    Have a good Thursday Kathy.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit