Friday, February 1, 2019

Second on the 2nd Belgium Waffles

  Hi everyone,
   It's February happy dancing here that January is in the past which means closer to Spring time

   Since this is the beginning of a new month it also brings us to Second on the 2nd. Hosted by Bleubeard and Elizabeth this is where we share a previous blog post on the 2nd of the month. 

You are most welcome to join us-just share a link to a previous post and link up with our hostess. Link in my right hand column.

   I was scrolling through my much older years of blogging and ran into one on Belgium waffles. I have not made those for us in quite some time- definately a splurge in carbs, but so good.
    I had been thinking about making us some this week so this post caught my eye to share.

  This was originally posted on December 23, 2012  Here is the link






A link to the recipe is in that post. 
    This is a photo of the gluten free version.

My eye surgery went well on thursday afternoon, but like my first eye there is like a film across that prevents me from seeing. I also can't see well out of my first eye now either. 
  The first eye took til late sautrday into sunday before I could see well-so I expect the same with this one.
  I may be late visiting you for this fun event.

Happy Second on the 2nd!!

And Happy Ground Hog Day  infor here

14 comments:

  1. Waffles are always so delicious. Happy 2nd on the 2nd, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those waffles look delicious. I hope your eyes improve quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that your surgery went well and I hope the vision gets back to normality soon.
    Your waffles looked delicious.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Belgian waffles topped with strawberries and whipped cream. I used to have a Belgian waffle maker, but it burnt out! Enjoy your waffles.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that everything went well with the surgery. Just take care of yourself, Kate. Your health is the most important.
    And I love your 2nd on the 2nd recipe, my friend. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waffles are good.
    Whistlepig didn't see his shadow, but i haven't seen anything from his southern cousin yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that on the radio-so glad Mr wWislepig did not see his shadow this year always makes us feel a little better ha ha

      Delete
  7. Yummmmmm!!!! Waffles sound good ♥ Sending you healing prayers for your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your vision clears up soon! That can't be fun. Those waffles suree look yummy! HUGS-eRIKA

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think that the groundhog will be right this year. Hope your vision is back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great news on the eyes Kathy. Patience is necessary. The waffles and topping look super!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I realize I'm late visiting, but I'm going to link you on my blog. Your waffles look beautiful and I want one. It's been forever since I had a waffle, even though I have a waffle maker. Guess I'm too lazy to get it out and use it. However, I'm in awe of your waffles.

    Sorry your eyes are slow to heal. I hope things go well by Tuesday and you are able to see well again. Is that normal? I know nothing about the operation, so maybe should check into it.

    Looks like Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow, so we may get an early spring. However, I am a scientist, and will rely on data rather than Phil (grin)!

    Thanks for sharing your waffle recipe with us and your waffles as your second look on the 2nd, dear Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope your eyes soon improve

    The waffles look fantastic and just right for a cold icy day

    Have a great day

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I understand your impatience for your eyes to 'clear', and I hope that will soon happen as it is annoying when you can't see properly.
    I love your new background image. Beautiful.
    Your waffles look yummy. I don't have a waffle machine but i followed the link to the recipe nevertheless. I smiled when I read it. After each entry there was the alternative ingredient that you used.
    Hope you had a good weekend,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit