Monday, February 25, 2019

T Stands for Tuesday & This & That With Lots of Photos

T Day is here again-every Tuesday we link up with hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth to share a beverage related post-We all must share a photo of whatever our beverage is. You are most welcome to join in the fun-find link in my right hand column.

This past week has been another very up and down weather event-seems to be the pattern for February this year. I needed to pick up some things in town this morning and didn't realize it was only in the very low 20's brrrrr, took my car a bit to warm up and get the ice off the windows. Now late afternoon it is sunny and warm-feels like high 50s f or warmer. lol Tomorrow promises to be even warmer so we are headed to the lake house to work. However, by the coming weekend we will be very cold again- in the teens

Last week I was debating with myself if I wanted to buy more seed and corn for the wildlife. I usually stop feeding end of March depending on the weather or earlier. I decided not to get any more-- than over the weekend I thought well maybe one more bag of corn -lol I only have about 5 days left of the feed.
     Well my decision was made for me. Friday into all night and then a bit in the morning Saturday the MFA burned to the ground. This is where farmers and ranchers mostly, buy feed for their livestock. Here is a link    I am glad I was not in town when this fire hit-a huge loss to this community. I am sure they will rebuild-just a matter of time and they are needed.

I worked a few days on my August 2018 pages

This is the lay out so far-nothing stitched down yet on the left side-but some on the right side

(just click photos for full page view)



The piece with the flowers-I stamped on to a piece of cotton quilt fabric, then grabbed some gel pens and markers to color in, added some stickers, and sewed on the little fairy  This reminded me of my pretty zinnias.




Blogging art friend Barbara and I chat online, and send each other things from time to time-this was a piece of her handmade paper that she wrote a note on-so I wanted to add it to my journal


A few lake house photos-you can tell from the snow, or not snow that we were there at different times- during the same week though


This is the bedroom closet-the doors were horrible so we took those off and I am going to add a spring rod and make or buy curtains. This purple has been really difficult to cover,even with the kilnz first-and this wall on top needed to have that wall stuff put on it-sanded down to cover up a bunch of holes-but I really didn't want to go through all of that-I mostly wanted it to be clean and then fresh paint. I guess I was being too lazy but we have ourselves on a timeline that we are trying to keep.


The last time we were at the lake house on Sunday-the water was really rough, allot of wind-so I was trying to capture that in these photos



This is the view out our bedroom window


I saw several canada geese pairs swimming by



Remember last week I had shared that I learned about a new blue color? The first color in 200 years. I think that is so amazing.
   Anyways Crayola bought the rights to use the color and they have crayons so far with this new blue. I went on their site and decided to buy a box with the 4 bonus crayons with this new blue. They were not selling the blue crayons by itself.
   I want to do some art playing around with crayons sometime this year, so I can use the rest of these crayons-I want to try that batik technique.


I was surprised with all the neat offerings on Crayola's site-I wanted some oil pastels again-they work nice on fabrics, and they had things on sale too




So I took advantage of sales, free shipping, and new things-and I loved the tins that some of them came in

I also bought a cookbook I have been wanting-if you love to read cookbooks this is really a beautiful book-I have the kindle version but it is black and white, and I just really wanted the book. The bone broth recipes in this book was worth it-that was a new to me on the process. I have been following the price and finally found a good one on ebay



Saturday we went down to the river for a yearly event. a jump in that has been going on for over 30 years. The weekend before it was too icey so was called off. The kids love the brownies that I bring, and we also donated some items for their raffle. They do this event in honor of a friend that died too young-and in his honor they give to local charities-this year it was for the food bank.


   We were one of the first there-it was a beautiful day for this event. It ended up we had friends coming over to visit, and this event was later that usual-so missed out on the food and to watch the kids jump in the river-sigh
  But it was all good and fun while we were there



Can I offer you a piece of cake-hot out of the oven??  It does have carbs but I have not made one of these upside down cakes in awhile. On top of the butter-coconut sugar, and fresh blueberries I added ground cashews-that was really a nice addition to this cake.




(don't look at all that dust on my computer-I just put it there for a quick photo lol


My beverage share--While I am typing up my post today I grabbed a bottle of Ice-a sparkling black raspberry with 0 sugar, 0 salt, 0 artificial anything-this brand comes in many different flavors.
 It's funny how taking the photo at my computer desk-the screen looks purple lol



Happy T everyone

35 comments:

  1. Burrrrr! That lake looked cold this week!
    I really enjoy seeing your fabric journal and all that you do in it, quite fascinates me!
    I'm trying to stay away from the dreaded carbs, but that caek sounds and looks like more temptation than I can handle, so I'll just say Happy T-day before you notice a bite missing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear the MFA burned down. Hopefully it doesn't take them too long to rebuild. Your August 2018 pages look good. I like the cats and the flowers. The Lake House looks like a fun place to be year round. I like all of the Crayola products you got. (I love tins.) That cake looked delicious. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much-it was pretty cold up at the lake
      I love tins too-these are really nice too
      Happy T

      Delete
  3. I was hoping we were through with the really cold weather, but next weekend looks nasty. March may come in like a lion this year. I am enjoying seeing your journal pages. I love the flowers you stamped and colored! I had no idea Crayola was doing so much now. The tins are wonderful. Wow! How I would love to have a piece of that delicious looking cake right out of the oven! And, I'll bet it gluten free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know winter just won't give up this month-I need to remember to check my propane tank again too. Yes I had allot of fun seeing all the crayola art ideas and pens and crayons etc.
      Yes it is a gluten free cake from Hodgkin Mills-they have really good gluten free box mixes. I usually keep the yellow cake on hand and their brownie mix

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry to read about the fire at the MFA in Lebanon. What a huge loss.

    Your August pages are looking good. I really LOVE those flowers. Barbara's paper was so special, I would have added it, too. And those cats had me smiling and Bleubeard offering two paws up.

    Wow, those new Crayola blues are amazing. I'm certainly in awe and am glad you got them. I look forward to seeing what you do with them this summer.

    I LOVE Ice, too. In fact, I have some in my fridge right now. It's wonderful, isn't it? Thanks for sharing your August calendar pages, your trips to the Lake House, and your Ice with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful view from the window of your lake house! And your fabric journal is looking good.
    I love upside down cake and yours is making me drool. I am going to have to find that Outlander cookbook at my library. I make bone broth every week but I just throw in what I have on hand. I am going to have to check out this recipe.

    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea that bone broth was made the way described in this book. I have always just simmered boned in water on top of the stove-but I guess that's just soup stock and not bone broth.
      My cake did turn out really good-will be great for breakfast tomorrow
      Happy Tea

      Delete
  6. Your have had a very busy week. Sorry about the fire, sounds really bad. Your new pages are looking good, have fun. And your cake looks wonderful, I would love a piece, please, carbs or not! Enjoy reading your new books. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your August pages look so good!
    I am always pleased to see your wonderful pages Kathy! Specially the flowers are AMAZING!

    This cake looks super! You are such a wonderful cook and baker!
    Happy T-Day my friend!
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. my eyes were caught again by your fabric journal. i have this kitty fabric, too and some of these (or similar) batiks. oh, please send me over a piece of cake for breakfast:) happy t-day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow how cool that you have this kitty fabric too-this was a gift from a quilting swap friend from years ago now-at least 10 or more.
      sending a piece of cake right over-hugs

      Delete
  9. A great post to read and all the photos looked lovely. Your weather must never be the same on any day, I'd prefer the warm to the cold. Your cake looks delicious Kathy and I know you will enjoy using your new colouring items.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne-yes the weather is very different here in Missouri in that it changes so much-I still have not gotten used to that since 2003 lol
      yes I am anxious to play with my new crayolas

      Delete
  10. the kitty cat faces made me smile, and the colorful zinnias are making me wish it was Summer. Our weather has been up and down, too. Mostly down. Another bit of snow coming Wed. night. Home repairs never go as planned or easy, but the worth will be so worth it. Love the views of the lake. I don't think I realized Crayola offered any art goodies other than stuff for children. Might have to check them out. Your cake looks fantastic. I love the Sparkle drink. The colors are so pretty, but I had issues with feeling bloated even after drinking a little. Have a lovely T Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too with these sparkling drinks-I think it is the carbonation I have always had problems with that-I just can't drink the whole thing at one time-I usually drink from the bottle for a couple days.
      Yes I was really surprised with the Crayola site-was fun seeing what they had

      Delete
  11. It's so nice to get to see those beautiful lake views through the seasons and the snowy view looks amazing! It sounds like you had another busy week, the fabric pages are fabulous and your pretty flowers reminded me of all the zinias in your garden last year - perfect 😁. The camp fire looks so much fun - wishing you a very happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your fabric journal, the flowers are beautiful. What a gorgeous view from the lake house, a friend of our son had one in Clearlake, we spent a weekend there and it was amazing. Our eldest son has a lake house in Poland, his MIL uses it during the summer rather than live in town when they aren’t 5here.
    Your cake looks really tasty, made my mouth water.
    Jan #15

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living on the lake will be a first for me-when my Hubs was much younger he lived on Lake Michigan when he lived in Chicago-some 60 years ago lol
      the cake did turn out really nice
      Happy T

      Delete
  13. What crazy weather you're having, Kathy. From 20s to 50s in a day - wow! What a shame about the fire. I hope the MFA was well-insured. At least that makes the loss recovery easier.

    The flower and fairy piece is darling and so colorful.

    I'm in love with your lake house. I hope you have many happy years together there.

    I'm still puzzling over the "discovery" of a new color. It seems to me that the number of colors is infinite and ,within that infinity, there's small range which is visible to the human eye. So how can there be a color which the human eye has never seen? I guess I'm overthinking it, while you just enjoy it - lol.

    I love blueberries so thank you for the yummy piece of cake.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this new blue was discovered in the lab I found this online

      in 2009 Oregon State University made the serendipitous discovery of an entirely new colour while heating chemicals in a laboratory oven. The bright blue shade was the first new blue pigment to be created since the French chemist Louis Jacques Thenard discovered cobalt blue in 1802

      I think the MFA will be rebuilding-hoping so for this community the cake turned out nice-Happy T

      Delete
  14. Busy week for you Kathy! The lake views are wonderful, and winter there will have its own beauty. I love your journal art, and especially the flower piece! Handmade paper is always unique, I like that too! ;) sad that a local community business burned down. Hopefully, they will find a way to come back. I plan to check out Crayola!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice visit, viewing all you pictures gave me a sense of your life as it is. The fabric journal is coming along nicely, the lake house looks like the place to be when the weather gets nicer and the cake would suit me to a tea. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Darla-you have an awesome week too--we are going back to winter tonight and sticking around for several days-sigh It was such a lovely day today I took a walk in our woods when he got home from the lake house
      Happy T

      Delete
  16. I enjoyed seeing your fabric pages. Bummer to hear about the fire.
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so sorry to hear about the fire and hope they can rebuild soon.

    I especially like your zinnia/snail arrangement. Your views at the new house are perfect! I know you'll be happy to get your work done and move in. I look forward to seeing what you do with the blues :) Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you-not sure yet what I want to create with the new blue. I believe the mfa will rebuild we will be gone from the area once we move to the lake house
      Happy T

      Delete
  18. Your August page is really great. I like the blue background. Talking of blue. I didn't know that there was a new blue colour. I thought they discovered and created new colours all the time. I'm sure they didn't have those very bright pinks and greens that make your eyes hurt in the last century.
    The views from your new house are stunning. What a beautiful setting. I was shocked to hear of the fire. The link was unavailable to me as I am in the EU. I hope they are insured and can get rebuilding soon.
    That cake looks delicious. I would gladly have a piece now if I may. Thank you.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted a quote I found online about the new blue was accidently created in a lab-it is not a shade etc it is a new color.

      we are getting excited about the move-once the weather cooperates to spring instead of hanging on to winter.

      sorry the link did not work-I believe the mfa will rebuild as it is really needed here for the ranchers and farmers.
      piece of cake coming up-still have some left-hugs

      Delete
  19. You are going to love loving in the Lake House! Your views are so beautiful ♥♥♥ I've been thinking about buying that cookbook too. I loved the books and we have been watching the TV Series also. I've made several knit and crochet items inspired by the Series.
    Bummer about the MFA burning down. I only feed the birds here...well and the squirrels by default and we have gone through more sunflower seeds that normal this year. After such a hot and dry summer there just isn't much out there for the critters to eat this winter. :(
    I didn't do T Day this week. I was down with mt back again and just didn't have THE ENERGY.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit