Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Tile Floor Photos

 As promised in my T Stands for Tuesday post (previous post) I wanted to share more photos of the tiling.

  Hubs is a perfectionist on jobs like this, so even with several key mistakes-I am suggesting for him not to fret and be thankful this big space is tiled. I am thankful as this would have taken the two of us a long time-and since we are selling not concerned as much now that it's not perfect. Although Hubs is still a bit upset-he worries too much-sigh
  There are a couple sections where I am finding they did not rinse well and some of the grout is not coming off on some of the tiles-but I am scrubbing with a non scratch scrubbie for now. We found a row with no spacers-how did that happen? and couple other details-hopefully most buyers won't notice.
   This tile was a limited edition that we bought in a native american series of tiles. I loved the blotches of blues in this tile.
  There is also another section to the left that goes to the utility room and a door that leads outdoors. So this was a big space








Last piece with not one extra tile to spare-he forgot though to set the tile under the doors



I think once we get all the wood trim in-it will all come together.
  My walls are not perfect either  I am pleased to have tile down after all of these years.

13 comments:

  1. It's looking fantastic Kathy. Nice to get it done I bet. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much-yes it is-I am finishing up all the rinsing today looking really nice

      Delete
  2. Oh i know you are happy kathy!! Congratulations!! My day will come...lol I think it all looks great! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have great friends! Such an improvement for selling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes we do--yes we are trying to finish up things like this before spring

      Delete
  4. The tile looks beautiful. I do like the blue color. How nice you had help to tile and grout such a large space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friends did a great job and I think the tiling looks fantastic, it was a big area to cover.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess your husband and I are alike in that respect. Sometimes I have trouble looking a gift horse in the mouth. Comes from my days as a quality engineer, I guess.

    BTW, forgot to mention, looks like we both got that same snow. We got a little over 2 inches. We were only supposed to get a trace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the tiling looks amazing! So nice of your friends to help out too, so kind 😁. Enjoy your week! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit