Monday, November 5, 2018

T Stands for Tuesday & "Deer Camp"

Tuesdays is where we share a drink related post with friends. Hosted by Bleubeard and Elizabeth, you are most welcome to join us-link in my right hand column. 
    Only requirement is to share a photo of your beverage.

   Our Wisconsin friends have arrived-early afternoon Monday.  They came to bow hunt deer or turkey, and to gun hunt opening weekend coming up. and for a surprise they are going to tile the hallway for us first-and if time also the bathroom 
    NOTE: the area near the house where I take photos of deer and wildlife is totally off limits for hunting-it is their safe zone, everyone hunting will be going out deep in the woods.

   Always good eats, catching up with our friends, and enjoying our time with each other. This will most likely be our last "deer camp" where friends gather-mostly to eat great foods lol-and to hunt deer.
   We have been doing this event since 1998 when we bought our place here in the Ozarks. We have had as many as 12 or more guests-sleeping on couches, chairs and all over the floors It is now down to our 3 Wisconsin friends.

 As always everyone brings us lots of food-this year they brought more meat than usual-which I don't expect them to cover every evening, plus loads of fresh garden veggies, pre made chili-frozen, fresh made beef stew and more. 
   The one person that lives way up in northern Wisconsin near Green Bay and they have a huge garden, put up their harvest, make maple syrup and also now just got into honey bees-so they brought us a big jar of their honey and more jars of maple syrup-I feel soooo spoiled right now-I love fresh foods from the farm-so I am excited about all these goodies.  and of course the wife of one them always bakes up two cheesecakes for all of us-it started out as for Hub's birthday but now she sends down two so we will have left overs.
   I think I will be gaining back all the weight I have lost-oh well

Tonight I made up a huge corn beef dinner with boiled cabbage, potatoes, carrots. I totally forgot to take a photo of the platters of food-but here a few photos of some of the foods brought down.

Three coolers full of meats, cheeses, cheesecake, handmade sausages and more---amazing-the one on the right is already in the freezer

these lovely carrots-fresh dug


big bag of garden potatoes


big bag of home grown winter squash


fresh onions from his garden


fresh pie pumpkins from his gardens


snacks



I think we will have plenty of food for the next 8 days or so lol

Fresh baked large blueberry muffins from their own farm grown blueberries


I decided to watch the rest of the Voice after everyone retired to bed-and I poured myself a glass of red wine-my drink share photo


   A very busy day tomorrow (Tuesday) so may be late visiting everyone-just so you know I didn't forget

Happy T Everyone

37 comments:

  1. All the foods! I'm drooling as things like the gorgeous blueberry muffins and snack chips are off limits on keto. Enjoy a muffin for me! Have fun with your company. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know don't those blueberry muffins looks so delicious? I can't eat them either since they are not gluten free-so I am safe ha ha

      Delete
  2. When our sons were home, deer season used to be a big deal. There were blaze orange hunting clothes hanging on every chair, or so it seemed. Foods to take to the woods were bagged and ready to go before the sun rose. Ah, those were the good ole days, for sure. Take care and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, yes these are always fun days that we all look forward to-next year they will come up to the lake house and go fishing

      Delete
  3. Have fun with your friends. Enjoy all that lovely food, and the honey and maple syrup! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lot of food goodies and it all looks fantastic Goodthatyou can enjoy time with friends at a special time of year for you all
    Have a Happy T Day

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Chrissie-we look forward to this every year kinda like our Thanksgiving

      Delete
  5. Gosh all that food sounds delicious, I will be away to make lunch after reading about all the wonderful produce your friends brought. I am sure you will have some great supplies of food for them as well.
    Have a super time while they are staying with you and I was pleased to read about the deer safety zone beside your home.
    Happy T day wishes Kathy.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne-this was quite a bounty of fresh farm foods this time-we will so enjoy it all

      Delete
  6. Enjoy your special time of the year and enjoy the wonderful food!
    Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you we will-for lunch I made us reubin sandwiches with the cornbeef

      Delete
  7. Goodness Kathy, those fresh veggies had me going to town. And maple syrup and honey, too. Wonderful. I was really impressed with your friends and their helping tile your place, too.

    Ah, red wine. It looks lovely. I'm sure it was just what you needed after all that unpacking. Thanks for sharing the start of deer camp and your red wine with us for T this Tuesday. Don't work too hard, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh what really wonderful garden foods-and those blueberry muffins-yum!! Sounds like a fun but busy time for you. I am watching the Voice too and last eve had a glass of wine while watching:) I'd buy what you've shared just for that darling label;) Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, this is a pretty nice brand of wine-I found it at the Aldi store-I loved the label too

      Delete
  9. Oh my! All of that food has made me hungry again and it hasn't been that long since I had breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, looks like you are full to capwcity with all your visitors and all your lovely produce and baking looks so yummy! I may have to make some blueberry muffins now ...lol 😉. Glad you got some time to relax with a glass of wine, I really enjoyed watching The Voice when we stayed with our friends, it's on again tonight, isn't it? So maybe another glass of wine is in order ...lol 😀. Happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was thinking the same thing-another glass of wine tonight while watching the Voice-smiles

      Delete
  11. seeing your posts i think you could feed half the usa *g*... but i would be happy just to get one of these blueberry muffins! might be a good idea to bake some next weekend...
    happy t-day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha those muffins are just lovely aren't they? and they are quite large and packed with blueberries-I can't eat them though since I have to have gluten flours--

      Delete
  12. So much food! I think it'd last me a lifetime lol It looks like they've got that gardening thing perfected :) Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do miss really good farm produce-my grandparents were farmers, my Mom a farm girl as I grew up at home-down here in the ozarks the soil is not good and its too hot in the summer to grow quality veggies like these-so I am just thrilled

      Delete
  13. Sounds like they are really GOOD friends to keep coming and to help you out with all that work. Those are the kind of people you want in your life for sure. And all that food looks SOOOOO yummy! We've gone past the season for fresh produce so you have me drooling. Happy T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes these are very awesome friends we have I am in love with all this wonderful produce for sure

      Delete
  14. Wow! All that farm-grown food sounds amazing! And the honey and maple syrup are making my mouth water. Good food and friends is the best way to pass the time. I hope you have a wonderful time with your friends. I hope you will share pictures of your newly tiled floors.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much-Yes I am going to work on remembering to take photos to share

      Delete
  15. What a fun gathering it sounds like you had! I would love the blueberry muffins and the maple syrup! Thank you for sharing your fun event with us. Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry I'm late. Tuesday is my busiest day and I don't get to see my computer until after 10 pm.
    Wow! That is a lot of food! You certainly have been spoilt. Yes, I know, a lot of it will get eaten, but nevertheless...
    Oh that wine looks great. I love the label. That alone would entice me to buy it, lol.
    Enjoy your deer camp,
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisca-they overdid themselves this year adding in all this fresh produce-so wonderful I will be having a big feast for others to come over on friday evening so I will using allot of this to go with the big ham

      Delete
  17. What fabulous bounty, Kathy. It's almost like an early Thanksgiving. There's nothing like fresh produce from someone's garden. And their own honey - wow! The muffins look scrumptious.

    It sounds like all will have a great time. Enjoy!

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this is like our Thanksgiving-as we don't have family all this produce was really special to me-can't wait to try the honey

      Delete
  18. I LOVE red wine, Kathy. It is my favourite drink. Enjoy all your goodies, my friend. Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It really does sound like a brilliant get together! The food part sounds fabulous and so much fresh produce too! I'm pleased your local deer have a safety zone! A very belated Happy T Day to you! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit