Friday, November 9, 2018

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

  Hi everyone, 
      It is time to share a movie for Saturday afternoon at the movies.  I was inspired from CJ's blog to share a movie as well. No rules really, just share a movie that you love to watch more than once.

    It's around 5 pm (Friday) and I have a houseful of people coming in for our annual Friday night feast before deer gun season opens up on Saturday. I am a bit stressed as my sheet pan of roasted veggies is not getting cooked through and they have been in the oven for an hour already and the recipe said 35 to 40 minutes which I knew could not be right--so I am a bit stressed at the moment. As dinner is at 5:30 pm

   (Update: the roasted veggies turned out perfect around 5:45 pm and bummer I forgot to take photos-sigh)

 Soooo I was trying to think of a movie to unstress lol
      and Peggy Sue Got Married popped into my head.

Image result for peggy sue got married about

This is an '80's movie and I always enjoy watching it again when I see it on the tv. A bit dorky possibly but the actors and the story line is fun.

   I didn't see a free version online.
Here is the trailer:

         
   
    Some reviews here  and information about the movie here




Happy Weekend Everyone

6 comments:

  1. So glad your veggies turned out great Kathy!! I'm sure your visitors will have a nice stay. I hope all the deer find good hiding places.. Stay warm. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for a gloomy Saturday. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love this film! It is dated now but it is so much fun. Nice pick Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roasted veggies! Yummmmm! I've never seen this movie, not being a fan of the rom-coms, but I've heard of it. I'm trying to broaden my horizons, though, so I'll keep it in mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen this one, but I think I've heard of it. SO glad your veggies were perfect. You can't go wrong roasting veggies for company.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen this one, don't akathleen Turner and Nicholas Cage look young ...lol 😉. As we seem to have similar in films I can't wait to see it 😁. I hope you've had a lovely weekend, sorry I haven't visited earlier but we had an unexpected surprise with friends visiting so I now have a lot of blogging to catch up on ...lol 😉. Wishing you a happy new week! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit