Saturday, August 26, 2017

Corn Husks Paper Update #2 & Canning

  My papers are now dry-and I am loving them. They dried to a very pretty soft green shade. I ended up with 7 pieces

photos will enlarge just click on them





My friend brought me over a really big bag of more corn husks yesterday lol  I am doing allot of canning right now so will see if I have time to make more. I would like to try another method.

Canning:

   Yesterday I made up a large pan of salsa-took me most of the day to hand chop everything-so I put in the frig. and canned it all this morning. When I canned it I divided into two batches-to keep from over cooking the salsa before it all got canned.





Late yesterday my friend came back from the amish farmer's auction with these beautiful tomatoes, large red bell peppers, sweet banana peppers and poblano peppers.




With the tomatoes I am going to make up and can tomato soup-homemade is the best ever, and will then just peel seed quarter the rest and can in water.  These gorgeous bell peppers are already in the freezer as are the poblanos. The yellow bananas I am going to make into another sweet relish with my cucumbers.

so am still busy busy lol

9 comments:

  1. You've been busy Kathy. Nice to have all that food ready to use those and no waste from the fruits of your garden labor. I like to can but this year my garden hasn't been much since I was down with surgery recovery at planting time. The corn husk paper looks good. I think it would make some great art. Happy weekend. Hugs erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo! What a bounty. Homemade is definitely the best. I love banana peppers, especially with blackeyed peas. :) The papers look very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The paper looks great, makes me watch to touch it! LOVE the look of all those veggies, o good and fresh, yummy! I can imagine it's a lot of work to can and preserve, but worth it. Enjoy the fruits of your labours! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The papers looks fantastic and I would love to smell and taste all that garden goodies! You were so busy!GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, be sure to let us know what you do with the paper. I'm still looking for ideas for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really have got to get off the dime and try making paper. Your corn husk paper has a really nice texture and color. Great job canning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would love to see what you do with the corn husk paper... You have so much energy Kathy... you put me to shame... I cooked bbq chicken legs in the crock pot yesterday and today i will make seasoned potato wedges in the oven and thats about all the cooking i'm doing.. lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. The paper turned out beautifully. Love the color and especially the deckled edges. Looks like lots of parties at your house. I'll bring the tortilla chips. (-;

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit