Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Been Working Outdoors

   Another beautiful day with no wind. We did get storms last night so the dirt pile I am moving with a bucket and a shovel was too wet today. Instead I grabbed some large bags and filled up 4 huge ones with leaves. The leaves were tucked in around the garage, vehicles and more. Lots more to do-I will burn these once they get dried.

  I don't have a good way too compost these leaves living on small area of land with neighbors on both sides. I could keep them in their bags and let them decompose that way. I may do that and see what happens.

   I did get a dozen of my bottle "greenhouses" planted yesterday, I posted photos on my Instagram page. I planted the two cottons, indigo, and two other dye plants for yellows and they are good for tea as well.

  Any of you that have dyed with indigo fresh leaves? I did that at the woods house and got lovely results. Do any of you know if the fresh leaves can be dried for later use as a dye? I need to research that I am thinking. The other two plants for dye I just planted as seeds,  I can dry for later dyeing.

  I think my eyes are a bit better although still too blurry. I cut down on the number of drops the doctor said to do-as it was just too much for my eyes. With me and any medicines less is better.

 Lovely sunrises this week.


Below is a bit before dark-grabbed the camera while I was moving soil down the steps.


Happy Mid-week

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful sunrise photo, thanks for sharing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your eyes are improving! I rarely see the sunrise -- it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you me too- when we lived in the woods we never saw the sun rise or set so seeing it rise here every morning is really awesome.

      Delete
  3. Been sick over here again Kathy.... Grandkids.. little petri dishes... cough , congestion... then throwing up... and the big D.. woww... coming up for air though trying to still get things finished up for the art show/craft show this year .. turn in is this coming Saturday morning.. Glad to hear the doctor found something to help your eyes my friend.. Sounds like you are busy with your plants and thinking about dyeing... Kathy's Happy Zone :) Me on the other hand ... i bought some petunias to plant.. :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Deb,soooo sorry you are still ill-what a bummer-getting it from the grandkids?? good luck with your art/craft show projects hugs

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit