Sunday, January 9, 2022

T Stands for Out of Boxes & On to the Walls--Long

   Happy T Stands for Tuesday Everyone,

      On Tuesdays we link up over at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog and share a post with a drink related photo. You are most welcome to join-the link up is in my side bar.

    Larry decided it was time to get some of our pieces up on the walls. Our Wisconsin friend Rob does such a nice job of this-but I keep forgetting to ask him when they visit. Larry said no let's just do it. We have a friend that helps us out on projects and Larry pays him. Larry's health has never gotten back to where he should be after his last heart operation-a valve replacement in September '20  He tires so quickly now.

  After my Yellowstone trip in 2017 I bought a couple of Trent Sizemore's photos and had them framed. I still follow him today on different Yellowstone photography groups. He lives outside of the park and now has an Etsy shop too, and posts gorgeous photos especially on the Facebook group Yellowstone Photographers-I have always loved his work.

  We had also purchased a painting-depicting the fur trade era, before we retired to Missouri, and a couple pieces from a Native American artist as well. I also wanted to get my art picture made with hand dyed fabrics, wool, silk and cotton appliques with needle felted textures back up on the wall too.

  I had trouble with the flash-these are the best ones I could get for now


These two went together so well with the matching blues. These really are straight on the wall-I was working around the glare and flash I put the eagle back up here too.  The two small gifted paintings fitted nicely along the right side of the wall of windows-near our  "bar" Hoosier Cabinet.



The two below are prints from the Native American artist's artwork-frames are so expensive that I picked up these two heavy wooden frames from a resale shop. This first one I had to take a name plate off-and will cover that space eventually with turkey feathers and beads
   This first one shows the Native American tribes I believe these were done with pen and inks and watercolors. These are prints



Many of you have seen this piece already that I did awhile back. My Wisconsin friends bought the frame for me for a Christmas Present one year. I really should do another one of these-I really enjoyed this    sorry for the flash


  Our friend also put up four curtain rods-two long ones and two for regular windows. Now to make the one set of curtains that will go in front of our clothes closet, and the other three will go in my computer room-two regular windows-and one to go across the sliding doors for privacy when our friends stay over nite here. I am still hunting to buy those curtains.

  So we got allot accomplished on Sunday. Saturday Larry hung up my weaving warping board so it is no longer sitting on the floor. 

    I have a corner in this computer/weaving room full of boxes yet.  I will be going through those soon to see what we want to put up on the walls. There are allot of different plates-so I may need to order some plate hangers.  This winter is getting things like this accomplished.

    When we moved here I was not ready to downsize at all-so I brought things over to the Lake House that I should have left to sell-I am ready to do that now. (I really wanted a bigger house-haha)

  Larry also suggested to bring my gnome collection over to the mantel over the woodstove so I could enjoy them more.  I am loving them here very much-before they were sitting on the dresser in our bedroom  The cardboard goose is a vintage decoy. The little porcelain lady gnome to the left is a bell.(ah yes I have a small bell collection too haha) The others are from one artist 



  Saturday I wanted to use up the last of the apples so made up another apple crisp-the apples were totally full to the top of this deep cast iron pan.


Of course I added whipped cream to mine-smiles


for my drink share today, I have a pottery glass of ice tea while working at my computer You can see my black walnut salve to the left-that works so well for very dry skin.


It has been so cold here most of last week. I covered up a rod iron table with an old picnic tablecloth and taped it around so it wouldn't fly off-and added left over cornbread along with some black oil sunflower seeds.  The crows spotted the big chunks I had that ended up frozen-so after they flew off with half of it, I crushed rest for the smaller birds.

  First photo is after they flew off with most of it haha-we actually watched them fly to our neighbor's dock on the right and eat it.




Sunday  morning early


Sorry for the long post, if you missed my first Cast Iron Saturdays post for 2022 find here

  Happy T and hope everyone having winter right now can stay warm with the lights on as well 

43 comments:

  1. Kathy,it's very hot around here at the tip of South America. The beaches of my city, Mar del Plata, are crowded with bathers.
    Today, Sunday from what I see, you've had a lot of work tidying up your home.
    I remembered that I have some apples, I wanted to prepare them like yours. I'm starting to cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wonderful artwork definitely needs to be on the wall for you to enjoy. You know that these pieces are right up my alley too. Your bear in the Yellowstone looks so nice in the frame. I also like your hubby's idea of moving the gnomes to the mantle. Crows can't resist cornbread, for sure! I love trying to make friends with them; guess I need to make them some cornbread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, I forgot how much I missed these art pieces on my walls-makes me happy. we used to always keep 50 pound bags of cracked corn to feed the birds (and the deer and others) I may need to find that here-I think there is farm store not too far-we love the crows too

      Delete
  3. You have some wonderful art Kathy, and it is great to see some snippets of your home. I bet you are happy to get those pieces hung on the walls. Do you think your rooms feels more complete now? And funny, I pulled out the rest of our apples today and decided I need to make some apple crisp also. I guess great cooks do think alike-smile. I hope you have a wonderful T day and start to the new week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erika, yes if feels more like home now for sure. More happy things in the main living area now. awesome we are really loving these apple crisps instead of a pie-easier too. Happy T

      Delete
  4. Beautiful paintings! The apple crisp looks so GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post. Your apple rumble calls to me! It looks so good. Great photos, too, you have some lovely pictures. Happy T Day and have a good week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Valerie-this was a really good apple crumble it had about 3 different varaties of apples Happy T hugs

      Delete
  6. The art work is gorgeous Kathy. Love yours. That apple crisp in the iron skillet looks excellent. I have never made mine in an iron skillet...will plan to do so. Your crow eating the cornbread made me smile. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Debbie It bakes up so well in cast iron we love the crows too hugs

      Delete
  7. I tried to get here earlier, but I just couldn't manage. I'm still playing catch up, so I hope I can get caught up by Wednesday.

    Love all those beautiful wall hangings. I'm sure you feel like it's more a home now. That was one of the first things I did when I moved here. I have so much art that goes on walls, and now I don't have a single wall that isn't covered with art. Every room on every wall.

    Enjoyed seeing the crows run off with the cornbread. So much fun to see them and so nice of you to feed the birds, too.

    Your apple crisp looks yummy and your iced tea made me feel cold. Thanks for sharing your week with us for T this almost Tuesday, dear Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, yes getting the art up made me feel so much better. I applaud Larry for getting this done for us. I love the crows too, there are quite a few of them here at the lake too. Happy T Elizabeth

      Delete
  8. That is somevery beautiful art that you are hanging on the wall. I love Trent Sizemore's wildlife photography, it is amazing. Beautiful photos of the lake - I love how the birds are enjoying your cornbread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is amazing, a very gifted photographer-I enjoy seeing his new works almost every day on facebook. birds and animals do love corn, I am going to search for cracked corn for them.

      Delete
  9. The art is wonderful and so full of culture. I especially like the map.
    Your picture looks great in the frame.
    Yum to your apple crisp. I can't wait until apples are in season again.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the map is really amazing-such small details he was an amazing artist we always visited at the pow wows before retirement-Larry really wanted a couple of his pieces-I love them.
      Happy T

      Delete
  10. Sad about Larry´s health.
    Interesting gallery. And the apples look good!

    The birds must love you :-)
    And your lake is a joy to see every time. Uups, really did miss last post, thank you for the link and happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had posted another post after the cast iron post so I thought many did not see it-glad you enjoy them-and yes you can use other cookware for the recipes-hugs
      and thank you Iris

      Delete
  11. It’s been a while since we had any bare walls — we always wait a while after painting a room to redistribute the art. We recently enjoyed adding a stick doll from DVA Artist Nicole to our wall of masks. So it’s good to see your selection of.art that connects you to trips and experiences from your past. A lot of our things also have memories.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful you have a piece of Nicole's work Yes I do enjoy art on the walls makes me happy, and yes good memories from all the pieces

      Delete
  12. Kathy, some great art - glad you hung it up so you could enjoy it more. Cute gnomes, and that apple crisp looks wonderful! Yum! Delightful post as always - happy T-day and many hugz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. These gnomes were gifts from my husband during the 80's as he knew I loved gnomes. I am glad he suggested to bring them out in the open to really enjoy them again. we really enjoy apple crisps allot Happy T and hugs back

      Delete
  13. I like your style in art. Nice! The crows will think of you fondly, and that's always a good thing :) You have an awesome spot for bird-watching. Curtains make great dividers. We've used them and like them for how easily they open up a space you only want closed off sometimes.

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much love the crows too, this is the first I have hung seed feeders-there are sooo many squirrels and other animals around that get into mischief that I need to take them in each night and put them back out again in the morning-we always have enjoyed watching the birds and the wildlife.
      The curtains were Larry's idea and I think they will be nice when friends sleep over in that room-a little more privacy-I just ordered some today. Happy T

      Delete
  14. What beautiful art work Kathy, and how wonderful you have it along with your charming gnomes on display to fully enjoy again! I love feeding the birds bits of leftover stale bread as a treat. Your apple crisp looks delicious! I didn't know you were still doing your cast iron posts so I will have a look. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Yes I enjoy searching for the different recipes so since several mentioned they enjoyed the posts I will continue them this year
      Thank you, it feels more like our home now with the art up. Happy T

      Delete
  15. Loved seeing the birds eating the cornbread, mine are eating bagels today (something I have stopped eating myself). The art is lovely, especially the one with the buffaloes and the dark blue background. The apple crisp also looks delicious but I am trying not to look at that haha Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. most birds and wildlife seem to love corn especially. I need to pick up a bag of cracked corn from the farm store. yes apples do have carbs as does the organic gluten free oats but I don't add any other sugar-I use keto brown sweetener in the crumble and Splenda in the apples

      Delete
  16. How wonderful that you now have all that beautiful artwork on the wall where you can see it. Enjoy!
    I also love your gnomes. It's good you have put them where you can see them.
    Great photos of the bird feeder table. Amazing how you caught that black bird in the act as he flew away with bread in his beak.
    And your apple crumble looks delicious.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisca, yes I am very happy to be able to enjoy our artwork-makes me happy for sure. that was pretty cool to catch the crow flying off-he looks small there but he is quite large. Happy T hugs

      Delete
  17. Beautiful lake photos. I am like you in that when we moved, I shouldn't have moved some of the stuff. I am now going through it and realizing I haven't used it in the four years we have been here. LOL
    Your apple crisp sounds and looks so yummy! Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep my husband told me not to take much over to the lake house-but I love all of our things-smiles
      the apple crisps are always so good

      Delete
  18. I love the pictures you have hung up, the map and the Mother Earth Spirituality. beautiful. You must be very pleased to have those on the wall again. And your cute gnomes are such fun.
    Hmmm, that apple crumble looks delicious!
    I am impressed with the photos of the crow taking the bread from the table. That was well captured! Crow's are very intelligent. They'll remember you....
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am very happy to see the art work again-I love the Mother Earth Spirituality too hugs

      Delete
  19. Oh what a wonderful post. I love seeing your Native art and how you displayed it all. Apple crisp, you can't go wrong with that. Lovely photos of your view too. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful artwork. Ugh, framing is so expensive. I took a class to learn how to frame and I learned it was better to pay an expert. 😺The gnomes look so cute on the mantel. My favorite is the little dude in the shoe. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much CJ Yes I had picked up a framing kit at a resale shop-but when we lived at the woods house the next town over had someone there that did and excellent job with framing-she dis all of these pieces for me. I really love that gnome too-

      Delete
  21. I hope your efforts and others will change the fate of the wolves. You have a beautiful home. I love that old goose. The apple dish looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your art collection looks fabulous - it took us 8 years to get around to putting up our favourites. Loved seeing the birds. It's Apple Crisp for us today! A very belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Chris, thank you so much-it does seem to take more time to do things as we get older too-I am really enjoying them up on the walls again. I bought more apples to have on hand yesterday-makes a nice little dessert. Hugs

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit