Sunday, January 16, 2022

A Gluten Free or Food Fridays Day??

 Hello Friends,

    How is your weather? Here at the lake the snow did miss us, but not the very cold, wind, and ice. Not allot of ice but enough to make it not safe for us to walk up the stairs and on that hill up to the mail box or to my car. We have a 50 pound bag of tile  mortar that we need to split into two bags and then bring it down into the basement-for the bathroom there. uhhh Not today.

   I got to thinking, years ago before Facebook (ugh on Facebook) allot of my friends back then loved to write food posts. We had Chicken Tuesdays and we had Food Fridays. Back then I had hosted Herb Thursdays which I really enjoyed too.

  Would any of you be interested in Food Fridays? I know many of you participate in Friday Smiles so would a Wednesday or a Thursday be better?? I would not set up a link up for it but one could share their post in comments if they wished to. I was thinking of sharing mostly gluten free recipes if any of you would be interested in reading a post like that??

  Actually what inspired me was a James Townsend and Sons video on  making a rice bread-very simple recipe and it looked good. I may need to try this one out. I could see it toasted in a cast iron skillet. I thought this book sounded familiar-checking I have this one in my library


Happy Sunday-hope you are safe from bad weather and warm

17 comments:

  1. Good morning, Kathy! When you talk food, I listen (or read) and have many notes I have taken on the subject of gluten-free baking/cooking taken from your kitchen. I have learned so much from you and look forward to whatever you decide to do here. Yesterday it was snow; today it is sunshine! Yay for that! Hopefully, your ice will be gone by day's end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Mary-yes we have sun too and the ice layer has melted-so maybe we can get that big bag of mortar Larry needs today. and we have a very pesky squirrel hanging around now he is attacking the feeders-sigh I had to bring them in just now

      Delete
  2. We would occasionally do Food Friday's with one of my upper level classes when I taught. It was fun. I'd link up to a food Friday. I imagine you would link something you've eaten. Or would it also be something you've made?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really liking Food Friday's too, but I knew there are several bloggers that have Friday Smiles I think it is.
      It would be up to the person posting-links like I have done with Cast Iron Saturdays, or it could be something you have made already and sharing a recipe and/or photos-and really it doesn't need to be gluten free only either. if there is some interest I will post something this coming Friday

      Delete
    2. and yes could be photos of food you ate too-at home or in a restaurant-I will make this really broad so anyone can post about foods

      Delete
  3. Sounds good
    A food Wednesday, for chance to shop for weekend recipe cooking? Any day of the week is good for reading about food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as there's good food, it matters no much how it's called to me. So far I really love your cast iron series. So many of them that I want to make, but haven't found time yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting.. Food Fridays, just love the mentioned taggings, easy to keep track and follow. Always enjoy your selections.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The recipe sounds interesting indeed!
    I never thought I´d say this, but the freezer is full of my (!) self made food,
    I usually share my food on Tuesdays.
    And now with having work I don´t even cook much anymore. Still trying to get a rhythm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is hard to juggle things when working full time-hugs

      Delete
  7. I always like to learn new recipes Kathy! I will read all yours very carefully, so for me, you can put them on the day you prefer.
    It is true, you have to be very careful with the ice, around here, as we live on the coast, we do not have ice, but there is in some nearby towns.
    Take care of yourselves, big hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like a fun idea. I would probably just visit. I'm not much of a chef. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anne, I am not much of a chef either but I do enjoy cooking and baking all of our meals are made from scratch only

      Delete
  9. Food Fridays sounds great, but I do Friday Smiles, so it wouldn't work. And I have Rain's Thursday Art Date, and of course T Tuesdays. That wouldn't leave me much time to make art if I]m doing so many blog hops. Wish I could, but I am sure others have less on their plates than I. I REALLY LOVE your Cast Iron Saturdays, which I am glad you are keeping going. Regardless, if I participate or not, I will stop by to see what is cooking (grin)!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit