Saturday, December 4, 2021

When One Door Closes Another One Opens

   For December Valerie is our hostess over at Art Journal Journey and her theme is When One Door Closes Another One Opens. We can interpret the theme how we wish using doors.

  I had an idea in mind but since I am not that great with my own sketches or paintings (yet-hope to improve) I grabbed my Ideals magazines and looked for what I could use.  One issue had several different illustrations with doors. I grabbed one, and from another page I cut up parts of it to use as well. I also first looked online for rubber stamp images of doors and found one I liked.  Reminded me of a hobbit door, or a garden door.

    I printed that door image off and used my watercolors and water brush. Then also used my pencils to highlight  flowers. For the back of the door I covered it with packing papers that I save for mixed media pages. Since I was using watercolors on regular copy paper I needed to strengthen it a bit  I hope you like my page, I am happy with this one.

   Opening doors to kindness. Thought perhaps the lady opening her door and seeing a young boy sharing flowers lifted her spirits. Perhaps she was sad and opening her door she found happiness.


Again I am using the German cookbook turned mixed media journal






Happy Saturday and weekend

20 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning entry for AJJ and Val's theme. I love the hidden aspect, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elizabeth, I am really happy with this page

      Delete
  2. Love this, and it is such a beautiful idea to open doors of kindness. So many doors are slammed shut in anger and this balances it out so beautifully. Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea at AJJ. Have a good day, hugs, Valerie
    By the way, I just woke up, I must have slept in my armchair for 2 hours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must have been really tired to fall asleep in your chair-hugs
      thank you much Valerie

      Delete
  3. Kathy your page is lovely. I like the them opening doors to kindness. You did such a great job with this journal. Hope you are enjoying these first days of Dec. Have a great weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Debbie, yes we are loving the warm weather for sure. today allot cooler than yesterday but tomorrow mid 60's Happy weekend

      Delete
  4. Love your kindness thought and the little boy with blue flowers. Very sweet sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great journal page, Kathy. It is a great theme for you because your door always seems wide open to kindness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and kindness vibes journal. Meaningful message too. Great one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The last one is my favourite...such a sweet little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your door page Kathy. I love the smaller page with that cool door and how it flips to welcome the little child. It tells a wonderful story, and it was a great idea. This is perfect for Valerie's challenge at AJJ. Thank you for joining us. I always hope to improve with my art too. And the more you do, you do impoverish. Have a great rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Erika, I enjoyed making this page Happy weekend

      Delete
  9. This is fabulous Kathy. I love how your door opens. I love the words you used. A great page for Valerie's AJJ theme, Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous page and sentiment, you shared a wonderful back story and the images showed so much joy . Thank you for linking up with Valerie's theme at AJJ.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful creative page!
    Unfortunately I'm sick so I couldn't comment that often
    I wish you a Merry Christmas, hugs, Elke

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit