Thursday, December 2, 2021

Update to Previous Post-Making Amaretto

    After our 2 pm main meal of the day, I decided to go ahead and make up a batch of amaretto too. I had exactly enough brandy so I guess it was meant to be haha.

   Recipe-this one also came from my same friend that gave me the Kahlua and other spirits recipes

     Homemade Amaretto

2 cups sugar

2 cups water

2 cups vodka

2 cups brandy

4 teaspoons almond extract

In saucepan mix sugar and water together, bring to just a boil and stir and let simmer 10 minutes. I again used Splenda instead of sugar (to cut the sugars for us) so I just brought to a boil-cooled it down instead. I think with the sugar there would be much more bulk than the Splenda has and you are making a thick sugar syrup-I wouldn't get that with the Splenda

After cooled to lukewarm, add the vodka, brandy and almond extract-I put in just shy of 2 tablespoons.  bottle 

Again best to store at least one month-much better the longer it sets.


I got three of these bottles. I will make another batch once I pick up another bottle of brandy. One of these bottles will be a gift for a friend that has been helping Larry these last couple weeks with the dock. When we first met him a couple years ago I brought out my last bottle of homemade amaretto that was over 10 years old-wow was it good, just like store bought-and before I realized it he drank up most of the bigger bottle on us.  So I know he likes amaretto haha

  ps I thought the spelling didn't look right so I corrected that-already did the labels though


18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you-hope you like it-I thought my spelling didn't look right-so I corrected after seeing your amaretto-hugs

      Delete
  2. Interesting you just add almond extract to get the flavor. It does look like fun to make these. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erika, these really are allot of fun to make, and they don't take allot of time either.

      Delete
  3. It sounds great, Kathy, even though I don't have any alcohol around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a good project for a day off from outside work. Larry's helper will enjoy this gift, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have never made the almond liquor...would love to have a sip :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really keep yourself busy! Enjoy your amaretto, I mustn't drink any alcohol because of my medication, sad! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea that Kahlua and Amaretto are so easy to make. Thanks a million for the recipes.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, yes these are easy to make and I always found them fun too.

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit