Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Early Morning Reflections (lake views)

   We have always been early risers-it's the farm girl in me, and Larry doesn't sleep well-never has so he is always up really early.

   Have you noticed it's dark in the morning much earlier now? Fall is coming, I could even feel and smell the difference this week-I love it.

   We didn't have those bright reds this morning, but we did have some pretty reflections in the lake early (before 6 am)





 Hopefully our helper friend will be coming today and tomorrow to help with the dock-which soooo needs to get finished before winter.

I need to take a break from the rocks for a few days-ugh-I needed to carry several heavy ones up the stairs to place them near the top of that area I am filling in with rocks. It greatly effected both my knees, I could barely walk yesterday ugh super ugh so much to do yet to get that cleared in time for planting.  So no more heavy rocks for awhile. I will see if I can manage a bucket of very small rocks to fill in space around and beneath the rocks instead.

I always share a meal with our workers-the other day Larry requested Belgium waffles which I haven't made in some time (lots of carbs) Decided to surprise him and make them today. I split the recipe in half to make half gluten free. Need to check out the basement freezer to see if I have sausage left. Sounds delicious

Enjoy your mid-week

Update: 6:45 am



In the house I heard the eagle singing-surprise-the pair



13 comments:

  1. I have noticed how dark it is in both the morning and in the evening. I am ready for fall though, hopefully it will be cooler and drier than summer was here in NH this year. And wow, what beautiful morning views of the lake. Those cloud reflections are amazing. And 2 eagles. That is a great shot and a lucky view too. Hope otherwise your week is going well Kathy. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so ready for fall too. seeing the pair together is always a treat, we may see their juvenile soon before winter if not then next spring
      week going pretty well thank you

      Delete
  2. Super-beautiful lake pics again!!! Awww, lucky you! Thank you for the smiles.
    Sorry for the pain from the work, though.
    For waffles I take eggs and cheese, ham, no carbs and yummy - so nice you share with the workers, too - reckon not many people are that thoughtful...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Iris, yes this week early mornings have been beautiful.
      Your waffles sound good too. we have always provided a meal for our workers through the years.

      Delete
  3. Your morning is gorgeous! I get up early too-morning is the best time for me. 4:30 this morning I was up and busy. Took a nap already though-this rainy day makes me sleepy! How lovely to hear your eagles...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always so thankful I have good hearing-I have really good hearing so if the eagle is singing I will hear him when I am indoors especially and go take a look and say hi.
      Larry has had severe tinnitus since early teenage years so he has suffered great hearing loss along with very loud tinnitus I don't know how he manages that

      Delete
  4. Those views are fantastic Kathy. Love the calm of the lake. You are so busy. Wonderful to see the eagles together.
    Have a nice end of week and take care.
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much always a surprise to see the pair together

      Delete
  5. Your early morning reflections on the lake are wonderful, but I love best your sunrise pictures. How beautiful! Glad to know you are going to Plan B with the heavy rock moving. How wonderful to be able to hear the eagles' songs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was out at 6:45 Wed morning and it was just turning light out. I can also tell the days are getting shorter. Beautiful lake views, though and those eagles are absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Elizabeth-we so love seeing the eagles-especially when the pair visits

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit