Thursday, May 13, 2021

A Sunny Day Today

   Good Afternoon everyone,

     A lovely day here at the lake-finally. Still very cool in the evenings but today it is warming up to the mid 60's-a heat wave haha.  The nicest thing is full sunshine today-which has been missing.

    I decided to make a lemon meringue pie this morning-from scratch (as always) I had the lemons in the frig. I just took it out of the oven moments ago.  This is one of the very few desserts that I use sugar and not a keto sweetener. I use an organic sugar in the filling and regular sugar (actually the hummingbirds sugar haha) for the meringue I made a thin almond meal and almond flour crust and with the melted butter added about teaspoon of lemon extract.


  I really love baking this pie in my dutch oven outdoors over and under coals but I am just not set up yet-what I loved about baking this pie outdoors is that the  meringue sticks to the filling and does not slide off, it also does not seep-or get watery while cooling-which always bugs me.

   We have been waiting for the sewer project to finish so we know where they are digging and putting things.  They have not been back since they did the neighbors last week. Neighbors on both sides of us this week came out to check on their properties. Both had extensive damages to their docks do to the iced over lake last winter, and the one neighbor came over not happy at all that the sewer people cracked his well. Perhaps that is why they have not been out again this week. I would be very very upset if they do that to ours.

    Those of you that might find an interest in trying out weaving and if you are on Facebook there are some really really good groups over there.  I especially enjoy seeing and reading about all the clothing being made on the saori weaving groups. Most of the weavers there are using small table looms like a rigid heddle loom. 

saori weaving-https://www.facebook.com/groups/saoriweaving

sewing for weavers is really good too  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1000132110059960

and if you care to hunt for weaving groups in general- there are groups for rigid heddle, 4 shaft looms, beginners and more

    I limit my time spent on Facebook greatly now--but I do enjoy their groups-they have really good groups on almost any subject of interest. 

Hoping you all are enjoying a sunny day as well.

10 comments:

  1. The pie looks delicious Kathy. I love lemon meringue pie. Looks like you had a fun time baking. I love the idea you baked it outside in your dutch oven. Glad you had some sunshine too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious I baked this one in my oven but I prefer baking in the dutch oven outdoors-just not set up yet

      Delete
  2. Why did you show that delicious pie?! Now I am craving it, it looks so yummy! Hope the people are careful with your sewer and don't damage anything. Have a great day, take care, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for your weather finally getting warmer. Here still winter-jackets. Hm. Is your cake sweet?
    We!!! Went to a "pub" yesterday, post to come. The beer was too sweet for my W, LOL. Think Germans have small sweet teeth...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am now very hungry for lemon meringue pie. I would LOVE a piece, even if it was cooked in the oven. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Larry's sister just popped over-just for the lemon meringue pie mostly haha

      Delete
  5. Prayers all goes well with the sewer project from now on. The warm weather might be revving up the work load for the trades, busy increasing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, from some reason they haven't back this past week

      Delete
  6. That lemon meringue pie looks so delicious! I haven't made one for years but think that when we do get out and about again it could be something to order!! Hope that the sewer work is over and done with soon! Chrisxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes this a favortie pie of ours.
      sadly the sewer guys have not been back and we were next in line we have had allot of rain here though

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit