Monday, September 21, 2020

T Stands for Tuesday Lovely Sunrise and Quilt Update

 Hi Everyone,

      Another T for Tuesday is upon us. You are most welcome to join us with our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth, just remember to share a photo with a drink reference.

   Autumn weather has arrived here these past several days-cooler temperatures in the mornings, less humidity, foggy mornings, and being so dry most of the summer the acorns are falling off the trees-green and not matured. The chipmunks are still eating the tomatoes-sigh but I have two that have actually gotten to half size-hoping they will get a bit bigger and then I'll bring them in to ripen. Sunday morning I saw the groundhog that lives between us and the neighbor-actually there are two of them. They will need to be trapped out.

  Calm at the lake for the most part but Wow the weekend was totally crazy again-another race boat event, Saturday boats for Trump parade and Sunday boats for Biden parade-although Biden only had about 24 boats.

    I did finally get the piece of flannel that I had ordered first-I don't usually get white, but I really liked these cardinals and the wilderness theme, and I needed another light to go with dark for the 4 patch blocks


  I had gotten this final piece on Saturday-so over the weekend I finished cutting all the pieces. A large queen for us and I have enough fabric to make a large lap quilt as a surprise gift from my friend.



   I started sewing the smaller quilt on Sunday, so I can get this sewed up and quilted before winter arrives out west. I am thinking of hand quilting but with large stitches.

   I have always made simple country type quilts, I never had the patience for those intricate patterns and very small pieces. My Mom loved those 1 inch squares-I can't even imagine all that work-and accuracy in cutting and sewing.

     Here are photos from the lovely sunrise over the weekend and my cup of decaf coffee




Someone was fishing




and Monday morning-right now-the fog is very thick-can;t even see across the lake- this was taken indoors so ignore the dirty window-I am learning I need to  wash these windows once a month do to the bugs.


  You probably know I am an Outlander fan, I love the books-so much history in these books, and I started watching the show last season-very well done, acting and scene sets are amazing so I wanted something. Not a t shirt so looked at jewelry that wasn't too "corny" lol and found this bracelet on Etsy. A charm bracelet of the animals in Outlander. Not expensive, the whole bracelet was about the price of each sterling silver charm I bought a few years ago putting together a couple of charm bracelets-that was so fun to do.
   She added a celtic heart for me-this is her photo from here




Larry went to the woods house on Sunday to load some things and to get his skid steer working again-he can use it here at the lake house-a friend that helps us-sent this along for a gift to me-isn't it amazing? Never seen anything like it. I actually found an outlet behind this dresser. This is in my computer-weaving-spinning room Larry just told me that my friend saw someone carry this out to the garbage and he said Oh No-- I know someone that would love this. Very thoughtful of him to think of me


Happy T everyone Update: please read my next post after this-me and a friend have discovered a security issue with Mr Linky-I do not think this is a blogger-google issue but Mr Linky--I am concerned and won't be linking up in the future-either that or would need to delete my blog which I don't think I need to do

18 comments:

  1. Your quilt will be wonderful when it's finished, you will need a lot of work and patience. Love the bracelet, and the photos of the lake are gorgeous. Sunrise and sunset are my times! Have a great week, stay safe, happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cardinal fabric you chose. The sunrise coming through the mist and smoke from the fires out West looks other worldly. Your charm bracelet is cool. I was looking at the animals and remembering the stories. The bee from the yet to be released Tell It to The Bees, the cat, Adso, Young Ian's dog, Rollo, a horse for Jamie, the white sow. Too fun, and the Celtic heart is perfect. As is the spinning wheel lamp. So charming like it was made just for you. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boat parades sound kinda silly to me, but I'm not a boat person so what do I know ;) Your photos of fog on the water at sunrise are lovely. What an adorable lamp! Your cup looks like the perfect size and shape :) Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sunrise photos! Made me miss those scenes from when living on NJs Great Bay. Your fabrics are great! I can envision a warm quilt with them. No surprise Biden’s parade was small, they stay in and out of crowds. The lamp was made for you, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love celtic knots too, Kathy! Your photos are always a lovely surprise!
    I did not know (or at least I did not remember) that you like quilting. I do it do but -exactly like you- I do not have the patience to sew small pieces. I am sure your quilt will become awesome. Kisses,my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charm bracelets seem very retro — neat idea to get one that relates to your reading. Having the sunrise over the water is very lucky.

    be well...mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quilt is going to really lovely when you finish. And warm with flannel too. And I just love that bracelet. Charm bracelets are fun. I've made a couple and have one that is loaded that was my aunts. And wow. Lucky you to sit and watch that sunrise with a morning cup. Hope you have a first day of autumn and T day too Kathy. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. I start with a stuoid question: What is that yellow thing?
    Hubby got me a kid´s sewing machine, any tips?
    Love the fog-pic!
    Hahaha, you should see our windows!!!
    Outlander, we got on (German) TV and I saw the last near-episode - was out and about, how does it end???)
    Just reading a book on a midwife, found the book here and it is... Braunschweig, the city I live in!!!
    Well, sadly our Henry is pictured as a bad man...
    Ohhh, cute piece you got there! My Hubby tries to kill me, I´ll blog about that soon. Us, actually...
    A happy, fun T-day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving those cardinals and wilderness themed flannel, it will look so beautiful with your other squares on your quilt - perfect 😀. Wow, what magical views over the lake with the mists and beautiful colours of the sunrise! It's a lovely place to enjoy your morning cuppa - Happy T Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice post. Your quilt is something I am looking forward to seeing. Your cup is my style and color. The photos of the lake are beautiful even with the fog. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never had a desire to quilt, although my mother loved doing baby quilts.
    I should pull out my charm bracelets.
    That cardinal fabric is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to see those finished quilts.

    The news said about 500 boats for Trump day. I must have been like a logjam on the lake.

    I love your Outlander bracelet. I haven't read the books but love the series. Great casting and acting.

    Now I need to check out your next post about Mr. Linky. Yikes!

    Happy T-day! Stay safe and well. Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great fabric, that's going to be a really pretty winter quilt. I have my mothers charm bracelet, but I don't wear it much. Don't you love the jingle sound when you wear them?!. a political boat parade? what will they think of next! Beautiful mist and cup ~ Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely fabric! It's going to be so beautiful when it's finished. I've never made a quilt and I don't know anyone who does, but it sounds very satisfying work. I assume you can sew the straight pieces together with the machine.
    A political parade on the lake? What next! It seems Trump is more popular among boat owners than his opponent.
    Are charm bracelets coming back into fashion? Yours with the animals sure is cute.
    That lamp is beautiful! Just up your street. How kind of your friend to think of you.
    I will check out your post about Mr Linky. And Au Revoir if I don't see you again for a while.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your mug is beautiful as well as the sunset. What a great view to wake up to.

    That lamp shade reminds me of one that I had growing up. I have never seen a lamp base like that before.

    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so looking forward to seeing you start these quilts! I love the misty photos and sorry to hear about the noisy weekend ! I know nothing about Outlander apart from the fact that one of my sons loves it! A while ago I clicked on a link that didn't take me to the blog I wanted but to a TIOT admin page, as that is one of my blogs I was rather concerned! I have found that it's important to click on the link line before adding a link - it seems to be a risk but only returns you to your own blog ...but it still needs fixing!!! I will go and get onto your other blog now! Have a great week, belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think my mother in law used to have a lamp like that. It sure looks famliar! LOL Your flannel is really pretty and your quilt will be fabulous! My grandma used to piece together little pieces. I always made large squares!
    Happy belated Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the flannel pieces and the lake photos are beautiful. I'm sad to see the summer ending but have taken advantage of the cooler weather and getting lots cleaned up around the yard. I love your bracelet and that lamp is so YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit