Friday, September 18, 2020

Happy Friday Apple Crisp Baked in Cast Iron Out of the Oven

  Happy Friday Everyone,

      When I took my walk this morning it was quite chilly, but after a mile I was pretty warmed up. I needed to take a week off from walking as I had really over done it-I called up Nancy to let her know. I met her on the "trail" early this morning. So a nice catch up.

   Cooler weather means baking-I love the foods of fall and I really love autumn when it's in the highs 60's and 70's F  I decided to bake up an apple crisp in one of my cast iron skillets-it turned out yum



  You are  most welcome to dish out some, before I start serving to us after our 2 pm main meal of the day.


   Apples and oats are Not keto friendly both being high in carbs, but since we aren't totally doing keto-just cutting way way back on carbs and using keto sweeteners instead of sugars- I am not feeling too guilty haha. and we love apples.

    I made this crisp with two different apple varieties, apple pie spices, lakanto sweetener with a little coconut sugar, and instant tapioca for thickening.  For the topping I used gluten free oat flakes-but the smaller size not the old fashioned, apple pie spice, butter, coconut oil, lakanto sweetener and a little bit of coconut sugar and baked it up.  

   I will be topping mine with whipped cream for sure 😀

   I did get fabric in my mailbox yesterday that I had purchased last week from the quilt shop in West Yellowstone, it's already been washed and cut into squares and I am loving the bears on the selvage

   This first photo is more true to the colors-and being not seen in person matches in well with my other fabrics-yeah



    I am hoping today or tomorrow the fabric I bought first almost 3 weeks ago now will arrive in my mailbox

   Yesterday our mowers came to cut grass and weed eat the places the lawn mower won't go.  First cutting in over two months.


Happy Friday and weekend everyone. Lots going on around the lake this weekend, a huge motorcycle event that will bring in over 100,000 riders they are saying, Saturday another boats for Trump parade going on, and Sunday Biden supporters will do the same.

14 comments:

  1. I'm with you about fall and fall foods. Your apple crisp looks delicious. I need to make either some crisp or a pie. Maybe this weekend. Love your fabric. Hope your weekend is a good one. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would absolutely stay inside (eating delicious apple crisp and enjoying the great new fabric) if that many people invaded my area. I love the bear selvage too! You need to use that somewhere right up front. STAY SAFE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are just a little away from all the lake action-but we may see a little of it-for sure will not be driving any where this weekend

      Delete
  3. I adore apple crisp. Yours looks so good and the thought of it piled with whipped cream, well, I wish I lived closer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree-a strict keto is very extreme and personally don't thing good for the body in the end

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks absolutely delicious.... and with whipped cream!! I think I'll try adding some coconut to my apple crumb recipe as we all like coconut in this family. Very original fabric!! Have a great weekend Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning-thank you-this crisp was really good Happy weekend

      Delete
  6. Wow, I remember making apple crisp years ago. I think I made it in my microwave, but maybe not, since it has to crisp up. Yours looks very nice and I can almost smell it, too.

    You are SO lucky you don't have to mow. I sometimes wish I could get someone to mow for me, but then I think of the money I'm saving for things like FOOD.

    Your new fabric is beautiful. My friend Patty told me some people make wall quilts from those selvedge cuts. I think this must be perfect since I've never seen anything like the bears before. I noticed the name, too.

    Yes, I would definitely stay inside this weekend. Especially for those who are not or refuse to wear masks. Stay safe, please, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apples and oats are both such good-for-you foods, though... It sounds like you're making sure the carbs you do eat are good ones :) And I love both ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your crisp looks so gooood! Yum. I've got fresh Cortland apples on my counter right now-maybe I'll make a crisp instead of a pie. Love the fabric! I always save the selvedge of my fabric. I love the little printers color thingies. The bears are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cortland apples will be perfect They did have any when I was buying apples I pair them up with granny smith apples I have not seen such colorful selvedges on the quilt fabrics-loving these bears too

      Delete
  9. Beautiful, hot apple crisp with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream is an autumn favorite. After watching a Keto diet show on TV, I began using the coconut oil spray. What a difference! Eggs no longer stick, cook more evenly, and no trailing flavors to deal with.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit