Tuesday, September 22, 2020

I am having a security issue with Mr Linky-anyone else?

   Good morning, 

     I am thinking this is a Mr Linky issue but I am also concerned about a privacy breech. this is happening to one of my friends as well.

    On T for Tuesday when I click on Sharon's link to visit it does Not take me to her page but takes  me into my blog settings.  This is also occuring over on Paint Party Friday who also uses Mr Linky when I click on Peggy's link it again takes me to my blogger settings.

  Is this happening to you as well? or when you click on these links does it take you into My blogger settings or your own? this is the key here   I have signed out of blogger and back on three times now and is still happening  so it's a problem with the Mr Linky.

   we are considering shutting down our blog but I don't think blogger is the issue here-   and over on paint party friday I am not linked on there at the moment just wanted to see if I was getting the result when clicking  on Peggy to visit and I am

    what do you think about this as a security problem don't want someone inside of my blog settings thanks

Update: my friend just informed me that yes someone else clicking on the link did end up in her blog settings--this is alarming to me and I don't think its Blogger I think its Mr Linky- I won't be linking up in the future

13 comments:

  1. I had no trouble getting to your Blog from the Mr. Linky app. I am using my iPad this morning as Himself is in the studio/office teaching his class. As soon as his class is finished, I’ll log on using my computer and see if there’s a different result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I tried Sharon’s link and it took me to my Blog settings. I’m still using the iPad. I did copy Sharon’s link and it’s different from the usual blog link. This is what was copied from Sharon’s link at Mr. Linky: https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/4722032610677529676/6722561912959118207

      Usually the link would have the title of the blog post. This is my link in the Mr. Linky
      https://cjkennedyink.blogspot.com/2020/09/t-stands-for-carrot-cake-breakfast-shake.html

      So I’m wondering if the problem is the way Sharon copied her link.

      Again, I’ll test this out on my PC when Himself’s class is over.

      Delete
    2. The same thing happened on my PC. I suspect it's the link that Sharon used and nothing untoward about Mr. Linky. You can always change the password to your Blogger as an extra precaution

      Delete
  2. Sharon's link took me to my pages too. I was concerned myself.I don't know if Elizabeth is online right now. Maybe we should check in with Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This happens sometimes, but each person who clicks on the link gets taken to his\her own blog settings, so don't worry too much. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks I wouldn't be as concerned if it only takes me to my own blog-but what if this glitch will give these results to someone else-then they would be inside your google account-not good

      Delete
  4. Kathy, I checked. It is the same for me, too. I can visit all the participants in TSFT, but Sharon's blog bring me to my settings. I think Sharon did not use a right link. Anyway, I don't think you should worry so much. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that it was Sharon's mistake and that no harm is done. I sent her an email to alert her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, can visit all the participants in TSFT. It's only Sharon's blog that brings me to my settings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same here. I really think there is a mistake in Sharon's address. I don't believe it is a security issue. I don't know if anyone can alert her so that she can put in the right link. Didn't something similar happen a few weeks ago? I seem to remember that someone's link went straight back to my own.
    Anyway, no harm done. Don't worry about it.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is very scary indeed!
    Maybe it would be safer to just link up in the comments-section?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never had this happen to be. It always takes me to the link provided.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit