Sunday, October 29, 2017

T Stands For Tuesday & Autumn Walk in my Woods With Lots of Photos

Happy T Stands for Tuesday Everyone

     Each week we share a drink related post with friends-you are most welcome to join us. Link in my right hand column with our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth

  Last week I did get all the steps and landings coated with Thompson's water seal just before the temperatures dropped 40 degrees-which is normal for this area during the changing seasons.
  After a couple days off to catch up on domestic chores and reading new books from some of the authors I follow I got back on the hallway project.
   Phase two section was finished up with coat of the kilnz paint and I have started on the third section. I have removed items in this section-which was allot--I still have no cupboards at all in my house and no closets came with the house-so this ended up being a conglomeration of things and allot of canned foods etc, hunting gear. It is all boxed up and in our huge bedroom for the moment-ugh
   There are two stacks of very heavy ceramic floor tiles that need to be moved-one stack goes in the bathroom and the other stack for the hallway needs to come out from the wall so I can paint and texture the wall. So hoping I can get that done by friends at deer camp-which starts November 8th. 
   I am going to see if I can manage laying the tile for the hallway with hubs instruction-we just can not afford that couple we were using which is a shame-it comes down to the fact they are just soooo slow for what they are asking per hour of wages. 
  The hallway is long but straight so am hoping I can tackle that. Now the bathroom is a whole different thing entirely. Hubs with his severe arthritis  now and other health issues just can't do work like this anymore-won't think about his til after deer camp or after Thanksgiving.

  Late this afternoon (Sunday) it warmed back up to close to 60 with  no wind and lots of sunshine; so I grabbed my camera and took a 45 minute walk on our property.
   We just do not have the lovely fall colors this year do to lack of rain, but there are loads and loads of acorns for the wildlife this year. 

           I kept the photos smaller-just click on them to enlarge fully.











We have allot of this pretty moss here in our woods-I always thought of dyeing with it-have any of you natural dyers tried it??



                         Deer prints amongst the tire tracks


Late yesterday around 5 pm or so---check out our handsome visitor-so cool this is just outside our bay window in living room He stuck around eating corn for about 15 minutes while a doe and her youngster were eating too. After the buck walked back into the woods a whole herd of does and youngster wondered in.





   Last Tuesday was my birthday and the week before was hub's birthday so we treated ourselves to breakfast out. We rarely eat out anymore do to the gluten free for me and really lack of a quality  restaurants close by (we don't do fast food)-and I can put together a much nicer meal too (smiles) We do enjoy going out for breakfast though.

   The place we go for breakfast is called A Taste of Andy's (I looked for a website but they only have a presence on facebook) and they have a special breakfast which is their best value-biscuits and gravy, hash browns, two eggs, and choice of bacon or sausage, toast with any choice of beverage tax included also.
   First photo is hubs plate and for me to keep it as close to gluten free as possible I get two scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, and they slice up a fresh tomato instead of the biscuits and gravy and toast 
  hubs had coffee and I had ice water.
   This restaurant also has an extensive lunch menu too perhaps we will check that out one day. I like that their breakfast plate is not greasy






and for my beverage this week I am sharing a new wine I picked up at our Aldi store. This one is from France and is on the dry side which we prefer. They had a note that the limit was 6 bottles so I figured it must me good-It was -I love it and next time I shop at Aldi hope it is still available. a nice to have around for the holidays.



                         and a closer look at the label



Since Tuesday is the official day of Halloween---
                           Happy Halloween to all of you!





18 comments:

  1. That buck is really striking. I hope he isn't going to be a target when your friends arrive-if hunting is on the agenda that is. :) Sounds like you can be proud of getting all that work done. And it looks pretty where you live. I love seeing the differences from between your home and mine. Yummy breakfast and I don't have an Aldi near me but sometimes I am near one, and then I will have to check that wine out. Happy new week and happy T day Kathy. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how great to have a deer right in front of your window, thanks for sharing the photos. Sorry you still have so much hard work to do, and hope very much that you get some help with it. Aldi is a great store, I do a lot of my shopping there. Glad you were able to get out for a nice meal. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed walking your property with you. The colors are about what ours always are. We never get the beautiful colors I used to see in ARK and MO.

    Your buck knew where to eat and keep a watchful eye out for his family, too.

    There are tons of instructions on the internet for laying tiles. As long as you don't have to cut them, it should go quickly. Just make sure you have the right tools for spreading the grout and the right size spacers. Save extra spacers to use in dyeing fabric (grin). Yep, I've been there, done that. Buy a good knee pad, though.

    I can tell you don't live in Kansas. Only state supported liquor stores are allowed to sell liquor here. Your wine looks good, as does your breakfast. I could eat breakfast any time of the day.

    Thanks for sharing your walk with us as well as your meal and your wine for T this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have your work cut out for you Kathy! Good luck with all of your projects in the hallway. I can't imagine having no closets in the house at all. We have very small closets and it drives me crazy. I'm constantly reorganizing, shifting and eventually come to the realization we have too much stuff.
    That buck is just beautiful! How fortunate you are to have these deer visit you. You won't have to go far for hunting, but I hope he gets away ;)
    Your breakfast looks delicious. Happy Birthday! to both you and your husband. My husband and I share our fall birthdays a week apart too.
    Enjoy your week!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a magnificent buck! Our deer are visiting too, eating my hostas, LOL!! Our colors are a bit muted this year as well, and the peak is going to be later than usual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, how wonderful to see that buck up close, he is very handsome! Your birthday breakfast looks so yummy and what a treat to have biscuits and gravy - I have to make it myself as it's not found in our restaurants here in the UK 😁. Hope you and your hubby both had wonderful birthdays and sending you Happy T Day wishes! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Halloween Kathy!!! What a beauty you had in your yard. Look at those horns! Gorgeous... You and i are both posting bucks this week lol... The leaves are not as pretty here either... Some rain and cooler weather would have helped i think... Great catching up with you this week girlfriend. Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen a doe and her young ones on our property coming out of the fog in the woods. Never have seen a buck. He is magnificent! Though we had nice Fall color, the hot and dry Summer and warm Sept and Oct. caused the colors to be a bit dull. I'll take the dull colors if it means warmer temps any day. I love going out to breakfast and Andy's looks like he makes a good one. Happy T Day and Happy Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow from me as well, how amazing to have the stag come so close to your home. Your photos were beautiful.
    It looked a delicious breakfast you had for your shared Birthday outing, I send you both my best wishes for the coming year.
    We have Aldi stores here ans I have to say that the Rose wine you chose from Fance is one of my favourites as well.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. the Colors of the season are just great, and i loved to see this wonderful buck! you are privileged to have such a visitor that Close!
    happy t-day and happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm, I commented yesterday, will do it again. The last time I saw a buck like that was in the split second before he collided with my car, then he was gone back into the woods. I assume he lived, hope so.They are such magnificent grand animals. Are all those steps the ones you mentioned working on? Kathy, be good to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathy, I tiled a hallway once - never before, never again. It came out beautifully! Having seen the kind of work you've been doing, I think it will be a piece of cake for you. It really helps that it's not a big square room, but rather a narrow hallway. I didn't have to cut many tiles and just used a heavy duty tool similar to a glass cutting wheel (like for stained glass and mosaics). Anyway, good luck with it. I hope you'll be as pleased as we were ;-) Just be mindful of your knees and back.

    Beautiful buck! So majestic.

    Happy birthday to you both! Your birthday breakfast plate looks tastier to me than hubby's - lol. I'm not fan of southern white gravy. To many northerners it tastes like glue.

    Happy Halloween & Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  13. You must have great stamina to be doing so much work! Beautiful photos- and that buck-so striking. Happy birthday all around-looks like a filling and delicious breakfast . I have had that rosé-wait- and I even have those same glasses:):) and it is a nice wine. Happy T day and happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Halloween! Our weather here in Memphis is warmer than what you're having, but we're sharing your lack of pretty fall color. So far, anyway. Even so, I enjoyed the walk around your woods. What a beautiful setting! The deer are always fun to see in your photos :)

    Your eggs look tasty, and the bacon yummy. Those tomatoes look great!

    Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just amazing to see the deer here - lovely photos Kathy!
    Your area is peaceful - amazing!
    The meals make me hungry!
    Happy belated birthday -
    Happy Halloween
    and happy T- Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh you have your work cut out! But Little by Little it will get done.
    Thank you for taking us for a work through the Woods. Beautiful photos.
    Wow! That buck is impressive! What a privilege to have him visit.
    Just looking at that breakfast makes me hungry (and it is not suppertime yet).
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  17. As I was looking at your beautiful photos I was hoping that a deer would come along - you are so lucky to have this going on outside your window! I was glad to see that your Deer camp friends will be able to help! Why not ask for more help - I'm sure they would be only to pleased to give you a hand! Your breakfast looks delicious - we don't have breakfast out often but on the rare occasion we do I love it(hmm! that said, we are lucky enough to get our breakfast at the hotels we stay at!) Happy Halloween and Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  18. The buck looks so majestic...very impressive and imposing, looks regal. Belated happy birthday, happy t day, and halloween!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit