Sunday, October 22, 2017

T Stands For Tuesday & Autumn Has Finally Arrived & Catch Up (Long Post)

  Good morning Sunday,
     I believe Autumn finally arrived last night to stay this time. 
We have been enjoying gorgeous weather for the most part all last week after the one day of dipping into the 30's F-no killing frost yet.
   Weather has just been beautiful with full sunshine and up into the 80's F here. On the way to town yesterday I even finally viewed some gorgeous fall colors in the trees-I will take some photos soon.

I am posting early again for T Stands for Tuesday-I have more time right now to post on Sundays This is where we share a drink related post. Our hostess is Bleubeard and Elizabeth- Find the link to the T Party in my right hand column.

    I did get all the wood steps-railings-decks all coated with Thompson's water seal finished yesterday early afternoon.  Just before the big soaking rain that blew in with cooler temps-today it is to rain gently most of the day-we really needed this good soaker to avoid any forest fires here.
   I am finally finished with my contribution to the guest space. It took me 3 weeks from the sanding of the plaster to priming to painting-to painting the floor with grey wood stain-to rearranging the furniture-to the wood water sealing--seems like a long time-feels like a long time. haha This project really gave me sore muscles every day opposed to when I was working on the hallway project. Hubs does need to set up the lighting in there, and we have one of those little heaters I need to clean up and carry up there. I also need to clean and fix up the bathroom that is downstairs in the business space-there is a shower there too which needs cleaned and I bought a new woodsy shower curtain for it. I also bought a grey fleece throw to cover up the red couch that is in the guest space.

   This leaves me now with a bit over two weeks to get back to the hallway project, clean and tidy up the house, figure what food I will be making and be ready for deer camp.  
  I think I will be taking today off to relax and contemplate-lol and to work on our medicare plans today too. after that I am going to read this afternoon and just "blow" off the day. For supper making corned beef with all the fixins-easy peasy

    I have been reading a couple books about Alexander Hamilton The first one The Hamilton Affair by Elizabeth Cobbs. This is historical fiction-but I found it more historical than fiction. A really excellent book where I felt I really got to know his story. I would highly recommend this book to any of you that enjoy reading about American history    (photo found online)



When I finished reading this book and reviewed it-- on my book bub list that came in there was another book about Alexander Hamilton published in the early 1900's by his grandson that includes actual letters and writings by Alexander Hamilton-titled the Intimate Life of Alexander Hamilton by Allan Mclane Hamilton
     I am glad I ran into this book-it contains all actual writings by Hamilton and his family and others with a little commentary, and for me I felt this book was a good compliment to the first book. 

        Alexander Hamilton was quite the man-a genius really, a very caring and compassionate person who loved his country and family so much-and would defend with his honor. (photo found online)



On another subject--
  On a sad note for me-remember my corn husks papers? I haven't looked up the date that I sent the package off to Germany but I am almost sure it is approaching a month. So I am thinking that the postal police must be testing and retesting the paper to make sure there is nothing suspicious in it-lol
      I recycle mailing envelopes and I had found a nice big one to safely pack the papers and also to include lots of little surprise bags of fibers etc for Valerie's mixed media projects.  I was worried with the distance it had to go that it would not stay sealed safely so what I had on hand was duck tape-which now that I think about it must have made my package stand out to the postal police.  So my fear is after all this time they have confiscated it or tossed it-either way it's gone. (although I do hope some day it will just show up-but at this point not holding my breath)  
     No one's fault but mine--but I hope they are still duped over the papers lol

  Not much different to share for my drink this week, I am still mostly drinking Bali coconut waters while I am working and in the mornings I am drinking my decaf herbal beverage and sometimes in the evenings I am relaxing with a cup of tea. In my Yellowstone mug of course-which is my favorite (you can find this mug on their non profit site Yellowstone Forever shop online)
    


   Behind my cup is a birthday postcard I received my author friend of the Yellowstone time travel books. My birthday coming up is on the 24th Hubs and I are a week apart on our birthdays-kinda fun.

   Back on that day of the solar eclipse I took a couple of photos on my walk. These are views of part of our 1/4 mile driveway-on both sides is woods or deep hollars

Happy T Day everyone-sorry this is such a long post-right now I don't have the time to post every day so I guess I made up for it in this one lol








20 comments:

  1. Kathy.... LOVE that mug with the map inside... its gorgeous. That rain blew in here strong last night around midnight.. a good rain.. we needed it but the initial blow took out a pine tree behind hubby's shop .. I was still up and heard the 'CRACK'... and thump... whew... enjoy the cooler weather.. i know i will!! :) Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy and deserve to put your feet up. Don't despair over a lost parcel yet. I had bought a bracelet from a friend's SO (in England) who makes dichroic glass jewelry. After a month, I still hadn't received the bracelet. He sent another which arrived within 10 days. And then, a day or two later, the original bracelet arrived! That package might still show up. Loved the pictures from your walk and the ESCape with a cup of tea. Perfect! Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seem to be working your fingers to the proverbial bone, glad you gave yourself a rest today. I'm so sorry the package hasn't arrived yet, some things have turned up after 6 - 8 weeks, so don't let's give up yet. I love the tree trunk covered with fungi, I like how nature copes with dead wood. The Yellowstone mug is gorgeous, I'm sure any dink tastes good in it. Have a good start in the new week, happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This mug is just AMAZING ! Wow you were so busy you now deserve to rest!
    Happy T-Day Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again you have had a busy week, you must be exhausted at the end of the day. The photos you shared looked lovely and it was a good post to read.
    Your mug looks fantastic with the inside decorated as well.
    Have a Happy T day.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been busy Kathy. It sounds like you still have quite a bit to do on your house before company arrives. I've never read anything about Alexander Hamilton but maybe I need to. He's such a hot topic with the musical and darn if I know anything about him. :) Too bad about your package to Valerie. Hopefully it's not in a dead end basket. Happy early T day. Hope it a good one. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel sorry for you because I had a package that was supposed to come from Germany never arrive. It was demoralizing when I had to tell the lady it never got here. But that was about 9 months ago and I've never seen it. I wonder if the postal person delivered it to another household and they didn't forward it to me. I have my fingers crossed that it arrives at Valerie's place eventually.

    I have read a bit about Hamilton, especially after the Broadway play made such big headlines. So glad to see you are interested in him and his life.

    I was delighted to read that you had put your feet up for once. You have been working SO hard on that guest house, and now you are going back to your hall. I am sure you will get it finished in time for Deer Camp, BUT I hope you take your birthday off, at least.

    I would probably be too afraid to use that Yellowstone mug for fear of dropping and breaking it. It is so pretty and I simply adore the map on the inside.
    Tthanks for sharing your photos from your walk, your books, and your Yellowstone mug with us for T this week. Love the photo of the fungi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice photos, Kathy, of your own little slice of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure are one busy lady! I enjoy your posts along with the photos. I only post once week anymore and so mine tend to be a bit long too-and that's OK. Sorry to hear about your "lost" pkg. Still hopeful that it will arrive where it belongs. last year I sent a Christmas card to someone in Canada-early Dec.- and she received it in January!!
    Thanks for sharing your books and thoughts on Hamilton too. History was never my thing although it is quite interesting.
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to live in Webb City, MO. Route 66 went from Carthage to Webb City until they created the four lane highway a few blocks south of my home, which is on Broadway, right on the old Route 66. Thought you might like to know, in case you ever get over that way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, the mail can be very slow sometimes. i had waiting times of more than two months sometimes (not always, but it occurs).
    love the photo with the funghi. as soon as trees are dead, nature takes back the molecules of life...
    happy t-day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you have been busy busy and I hope those sore muscles recover soon 😁. I think you deserve a well earned rest and corn beef and fixins sounds yummy! I love that Yellowstone mug too, thanks for the link - I just popped over to have a look and got sidetracked by all the amazing information and wonderful things to look at, I decided to take a look later otherwise I may not visit everyone this T Day ...lol 😉. How nice to receive the card for your birthday too, Happy Birthday wishes! Always nice chatting with you and wishing you a very Happy T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always seem to be busy, so a day off is well deserved.
    I love seeing the potos (You don't publish many so it's a delight to see a bit of your surroundings).
    The mug is lovely. It has a print inside and out which is really special.
    I had not Heard of Alexander Hamilton so I had to look him up and have just spent a happy half hour Reading about his life and upbringing in the Caribbean islands. Very interesting.
    Happy T-day,
    hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos! Happy bday and happy Tday! You've earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your photos of that wooded road! What a nice walk that would make.

    It's sad to think mail has to be insured to actually be delivered, but that's what I think we've come to.

    Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  16. You certainly deserve a break! I had never heard of Alexander Hamilton but looked him up and found that his birthplace was St Kits and Nevis where several of our church congregation come from!Our church is probably 60% Carribean 20% African and 20% European! He obvious had a great impact on American history! Loved seeing your photos! Hope you get everything sorted ready for Deercamp! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kathy, I get tired just reading all the physical work you do! I hope your guests appreciate the love and care that went into the guest space. I wonder if you would consider giving us a photo tour around the finished project.

    Where do you find time for reading?! Thank you for the reviews and recomendations.

    I live in Mexico, so I relate to your anxiety over the "lost" handmade paper. But don't despair. I bet it will show up in a week or two.


    Happy Birthday and T-Day!! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  18. The weather has been wonderful...I guess you get it in Missouri before we get it in Ohio! we've got the rain right now...love your photos and the description of all you are doing. you seem to accomplish so much! happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Kathy,

    Happy "real" autumn to you! We've been feeling the chill here in Springfield, and my two girls that work at Baker Creek seeds have REALLY been feeling it, working at a higher elevation!

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit