Monday, October 10, 2022

Happy Monday

 Happy Monday and new week,

   I am off to work at the woods house early this morning. I did get allot accomplished this past week.

  Lots of house cleaning, raked up lots of leaves, swept off loads of acorns that are still falling and bagged up 5 huge bags of leaves and twigs to take up to the woods house compost pile. Allot of these leaves are from last year-just couldn't keep up with the burning of the leaves in the fire pit last year before the rains came in. The leaves are beginning to fall a bit here now-but not much so far.

  We did Not get a freeze last week. We are very very dry here-but possible rain chances here Tuesday and Wednesday. 

  I did make up two keto churned ice creams. Here is the espresso-dark chocolate ice cream churning. I also make a strawberry-banana flavored ice cream and stirred in strawberry preserves.


Received this too cute little frog magnet from Deb  I placed him near the Yellowstone magnets I had made back in 2017 after my trip there I also received a few other slow mail letters with little surprises inside-thank you soooo much. slow mail is Love in my mailbox. 


Yesterday I sprayed down with water my handspuns and let dry outdoors. Colors reminding me of fall-and I was gifted this pumpkin from our new friend's garden-I really wanted a pumpkin this year too-so that was a nice surprise.

  The orangish fiber is merino wool and silk and the brown in front is bison fibers.


Have an awesome new week.

26 comments:

  1. Happy new week Kathy. Sounds like you've been busy, but busy in a good way. We had a light frost the other night, but not enough to kill any plants. I always enjoy fall, even though like spring, there is always a lot of work that goes with it. Have a great start to the week. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Erika, we had such and extreme hot summer that I am working like crazy now-haha Happy new week hugs

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a busy day but it always feels good to get something accomplished.
    pretty wool
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy, yes it does feel good to get things accomplished I am loving these handspuns too I am getting a little better with the spinning finally

      Delete
  3. I love to hear what you are doing. Perhaps it is becomming a more quiet time on the lake. Enjoy the fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra, yes the lake is much quieter than during the summer weekends-but there are always events of things happening on the lake all the time for people so always some boats-I love fall-hugs

      Delete
  4. Homemade ice cream! I would have loved the Espresso-dark chocolate one. Your handspuns look fabulous. Very autumnal. Have a lovely week, Kathy!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Soma, that one is our favorite flavor now very good for sure. thank you-enjoy Fall-hugs

      Delete
  5. Merino wool and bison fiber are so beautiful. What are you going to do with them? Knit a pullover or a pair of gloves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much I am a weaver so not sure what I will be making. I do want to make a garment of sort with the yellowstone inspired colors-which the orange is a part of. not sure what I will be making with the bison yet-most of my early spinning was very bulky yarns so I may weave up a scarf or a poncho type garment not sure yet

      Delete
  6. You really do not need a fitness-studio, respect!

    I had a banana-smoothie today. With one little chili. My goodness, I nearly cried, LOL!
    King frogs wave hi! And wish you a great new week - hugs to you and the woods..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope I think I have been getting plenty of exercise lately-LOL I haven't made a smoothie in years now-so good too nope no chilies for me
      Waving back-hugs

      Delete
  7. Happy week! You are getting a lot done. I love the delicate orange color of the wool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, this is really a pretty orangish color-it has a little white and other colors in it too-happy new week-hugs

      Delete
  8. I always think it's nice to be outdoors.
    Enjoy your Autumn days.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun to see your handspuns drying outside, which says, without a doubt, that a fiber artist lives here. I love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing everything you do. It is so pretty where you live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so appreciate that-it is very pretty in this area. the leaves are turning and falling at the same time today

      Delete
  11. Hi Kathy!!! ☺ Speaking of snail mail, I got your postcard this week! I wrote back to you, so expect some love in the mail from me! ☺☺ Your ice cream looks SO delicious! And what a nice gift from your neighbour! I have a few pumpkins waiting to be carved very soon! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Rain, wow that took a long time to get to you. The fall postcard going to Iris in Germany got there super fast. This ice cream is really delicious, the strawberry one came out really good too-awesome that you have pumpkins growing. Larry asked me if I was going to carve ii or not-not sure yet hugs

      Delete
  12. Kathy it sounds like you had a very busy day. Your ice cream looks fabulous. Sorry I am late catching up on your posts...was off work for a few days and out of my usual routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie no worries at all, you have had a full plate of life events happening-hugs, I am behind visiting as well

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit