Friday, November 26, 2021

One More Page for AJJ

   Late this afternoon I decided I wanted to make at least one more journal page for Chris's theme All Kinds of Weather over at Art Journal Journey

  Not too long ago when I was browsing woodland rubber stamps on Ebay I fell in love with the stamp with a bear and four cubs. I have been following since the spring of 2020 Yellowstone bear 399 and her 4 cubs. She is an older Mama and does so well raising her cubs. They all survived and Spring 2021 she has been watched again in Yellowstone and the Tetons with her 4 grown up cubs. I follow beautiful photography Yellowstone groups on Facebook, so I can feel like I am there too.

  So I grabbed this stamp for the theme and naming this page Spring time weather in Yellowstone.

I struggled with this page, I had added  flower stamps and watercolor flowers to the lower right area and the stamped image came out way too dark, so I searched in my papers for something to cover most of that of up and blend in. 

    I like this journal entry so so.

My supplies were my German cookbook for mixed media pages, rubber stamps and ink, watercolor pencils, and water brushes, and papers. I first painted gesso over the page-but didn't worry about covering all of the print-more of it had shown through before I added the cut out piece.  The owl is from a snail mail card.


I had spent almost an hour auditioning different pages-I almost left it til morning but decided wanted to finish



The color of paper with the bird and trees does blend in with some of the green watercolors I chose.
   and it did cover up some of my yellow flowers-but I decided to just call it a day on this one


       I enjoyed putting this page together for the most part, but since I am not totally happy with the composition, will not add it to AJJ

Happy weekend everyone

18 comments:

  1. Art journaling journey is interesting, always turned up beautifully and meaningful, love the owl, birds and yellow flowers which existed here, long enough i havent seen mountains, once heading hometown will bump to those kind. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I loved the mountains very much, so majestic, my asthma does not like them and the high altitudes though Happy weekend

      Delete
  2. OH my, Kathy, I think this page is exceptional. I love what you did with the bear stamp. The blending is perfect, and the effect is wonderful. How interesting that you are following Yellowstone Bear 399 and her cubs. I would imagine that they will be hibernating very soon. That doesn't sound so bad does it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Mary, I just was sure about that added paper with the bird and tree-Yes it has been allot of enjoyment following 399 and her cubs through photos-so adorable when they were little cubs. last year this time people were worried for their safety as they had left the Tetons for some time before hibernating-I have seen updates yet of her recently hibernating does sound good-hugs

      Delete
  3. It's a lovely page, Kathy, and o course you can add it to AJJ! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful page, oh, to imagine to have four wee ones to look after!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. thank you, I made another page with this stamp today-but I messed up the stamped lettering on this one-perhaps a third one haha

      Delete
  6. I like this page Kathy. I like the connection to yellowstone. The bears are super and adding the bird was a good idea. I'm glad you were able to make and share another page to Chris's challenge at AJJ. Thank you. I hope you are having a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit