Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Sharing a 2nd Journal Page

     After lunch I decided to create another journal page-just for fun.

Do you purchase Easter candy for yourselves? I try not to buy much anymore, too much sugar and carbs for us but I do pick up a couple favorites some years.

    Last week when I went food shopping (for the first time in a month) I brought home a small bag of Reese's Easter peanut butter cups, and also a small bag of York's Easter mints. I managed to put out just a few a day and they lasted a week, I had forgotten how much we like these haha.

   I saved the bags to cut up and use on a journal page The foil heart was from one of the Reese's peanut butter cups, it is sitting on the cardboard rabbit that was at the bottom of a rabbit note pad. The background is one of the wet wipes I used with acrylic painting for clean ups.  The other pieces were cut from the candy bags.






11 comments:

  1. Oh, this page is such a happy mix of sweet things. I am quite sure I can smell its sweetness from here. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are favorites here, so they never last long. Hubby just reminded me that the cookie jar is empty, so I must decide what kind to bake this evening. Last week it was oatmeal-raisin which is probably his favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was very fun to put together in my journal. the Reese's are very addictive so I don't buy them too often for us.
      I made pumpkin bread Sunday-a recipe I like because it is made with almond flour, and just 3 tablespoons of maple syrup for the sweetening. It does bake up very very moist. so when cooled I slice thick slices lay them out on a rack and put them back in the oven for about an hour at 200 degrees they are still moist but no longer the consistency of pumpkin pie lol
      I am up for some chocolate chip cookies soon

      Delete
  2. Fun idea to use some Easter candy wrappers on your journal page. I am waiting to buy any candy until we get closer to Easter. They are so easy to eat too many. Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes these candies are so easy to eat too many, I don't put the whole bags out any more-just a few for each of us per day.

      Delete
  3. Very cool and making me want sweets. I love your creative background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun idea! Makes me want to make a cheese page ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful art journal page. I do get Easter candy for myself, but try not to get too much of it. (I need to go on a diet. :-( )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we have really dropped eating carbs at our dinner time-and save them for a snack once in awhile I need to lose the 3 pounds I put back on this winter

      Delete
  6. I love the tiny Reese's cups. I plan to make art with mine, too. I really like what you made.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit