Monday, August 3, 2020

This and That

  We are into August already and so far the last few days feel like autumn. I am reading from a lake area facebook group that the hummingbirds are migrating already-which is a month early-Wow they must know something about the weather that we don't.

   Tuesday brings us to T with friends hosted by Bleubeard and Elizabeth. You are most welcome to join in just show a drink related photo on your post and link up.
  I won't be linking up this week as Tuesday I will be up early voting, and then off to the dentist and then perhaps check on the woods house since I will be half way there. I may be going back on Wednesday as well.  I don't want to link up if I won't have the time to visit all of you.

   Over the weekend for Second on the 2nd I shared a dye project for curtains that I did several years ago.  I had forgotten about the fall yellow color yardage. The plans for dyeing that was to make curtains in the dining room where the walls I had textured and painted and glazed with yellows and golds to look like a country European kitchen.
   So after being reminded of this pretty fabric, I went in search for it-some of you will remember the super packed craft room closet filled with mostly spinning fibers and quilting fabrics. After spending most of the day on Sunday I can't locate it any where. I just can't think where it could be. It was not with the other hand dyed pieces. So of course this has me frustrated. I looked a bit in the weaving yarns too. I need to make it a priority to check on the woods house this week so will look again there-I can't imagine it is still there though. I am really at a loss as to where it could be.

   In my search though I uncovered a bag of small quilts my Mom had made for charity but didn't get them quilted yet. I brought them out to see what they are and work on those.
   I also got out my civil war reproduction quilt project of small hexagons. I brought that out in the living room so I can get back to working on those. I would love to be able to finish this one. It's just barely started though, but I am in love with the colors from that time period.

   Over the weekend I tried out a new recipe-keto mini donuts. I have had donut pans for baking for years now-I had found them at Publishers Clearing House before baked donuts were even popular. I have the mini pans, regular size pans, and also for jelly donuts.  The recipe I tried was made with coconut flour and very good tasting. However I had a really hard time getting them out of the pan. They didn't stick to the bottom but I think it was the shape of the donut-will fill them less next time.
     I glazed them with no sugar chocolate. They ended up quite a mess haha so didn't take a photo of the finished product. I will try this again Larry liked the taste of them though


  

   The weather has been brutal here for veggie gardens, but I was hoping for a few heirloom slicing tomatoes-Not -I have discovered that the chipmunks here love the tomatoes-and have eaten every single one sigh 
    I did save one small tomatoe that was almost ripe.  I will have to think again if I want to try and have a small veggie garden here at the lake or not. Gardening etc is in my farm girl blood so will see, not sure how to even battle these cute critters haha

   Enjoy your new week everyone

22 comments:

  1. Uh-oh, good luck with the dentist (heeeeeelp!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks the worse is over-my 6 month cleaning and get my permanent crown fitted in

      Delete
  2. Naughty chipmunks to eat all your tomatoes! The donuts look great, wish I had one here with my coffee ☕! Have a good day tomorrow, take ❤ hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I still can not believe they ate everyone I have never ran into this issue before. Larry says they must be hungry haha

      Delete
  3. The chipmunks were the reason I ripped up my strawberry patch years ago. There would be lots of berries. And they looked beautiful. One more day to ripen and when went to pick them? Each berry had one bite. One bite taken out of the back of it! I didn't mind them having a berry or two, but eat the whole darn berry and not a bite out of all the berries! The donuts look good. I have a donut pan but haven't used it in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when we had first moved to the woods house and was setting up our gardens I planted a strawberry patch too-here the turtles eat them-I couldn't believe it when I saw them-they also ate all the grapes too- and they would eat half the strawberry too--I had to laugh but still-I don't mind sharing but the wildlife here eat everything in site it seems

      Delete
  4. Chipmunks get away with everything because they are too cute.😻

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ufff dentist my worst nightmare...hope it is just a check up. Doughnuts look lovely! Cant you use something to scare the chipmunks off....ok I know they aren't like birds who get frighten off if you use sparkly bright mirrors or objects but how about a scarecrow or two....or would the chipmunks just roll over laughing??? keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes my 6 month at the dentist and also to get the new crown put on so won't be bad

      Delete
  6. We don't have chipmunks here. We have squirrels and baby rabbits. They seem to love my herbs, so I can relate.

    Stay safe when voting. I voted by mail this year. Much safer.

    Your donuts look good. I've never had ones before that were baked. We'll miss you for T, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you're having a busy day! Your donuts sound delicious and if they tasted better than they looked that's ok, so yummy 😀. Sorry to hear about the chipmunks, very naughty of them! Wishing you a wonderful week! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, thank you for dropping by these donuts were good enough to try again. I still can't get over those chipmunks haha

      Delete
  8. How Delightful - Would Sit With Larry And Enjoy A Few - Enjoy The Rest Of The Week

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh those pesky varmints! We have had a lot of them and they were attacking my garden-I won't tell you what happened to that chipmunk but it's not a good ending for him:( I hope you can find that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's what will be happening here next year for sure-Larry will make sure they don't do this again
      I am at a total loss of where this fabric could be-is really bugging me for sure

      Delete
  10. I hope you find that fabric - I'm always tidying and put things away in a new storage place and then forget where they are!! Good Luck with your plan to beat the chipmunks. Your donuts do look good! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris this lost fabric is really a dilema I just can't figure out where I put it. the donuts are really good

      Delete
  11. Chipmunks are so cute but so destructive :( What a shame!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit