Friday, October 25, 2019

A Saturday Movie Share & Pizza-Homemade of Course

  Some of us share a movie on Saturdays-check out CJ and sometimes Elizabeth (and Bleubeard) share a movie too.

  I thought I would look for another halloween film-that again is not horror or too scary 😀  This one is for my husband-he has always been a big fan of Tim Burton and I actually enjoyed this one too.

  The Nightmare Before Christmas-so it's kinda a Christmas movie too

Image result for The Nightmare Before Christmas


About the movie here   The film has interesting history which you can read at the link if interested-I found it good to know about this film-it started out as his poem and then he tried to get it into a short film for tv that didn't work out-and years later had success with a movie

Found this summary online

The film follows the misadventures of Jack Skellington, Halloweentown's beloved pumpkin king, who has become bored with the same annual routine of frightening people in the "real world." When Jack accidentally stumbles on Christmastown, all bright colors and warm spirits, he gets a new lease on life -- he plots to bring Christmas under his control by kidnapping Santa Claus and taking over the role. But Jack soon discovers even the best-laid plans of mice and skeleton men can go seriously awry.

The trailer


and searching this movie out I discovered a part 2 which I Just read will not be a film but a comic book-interesting indeed here is a video about it



By Tyler McCarthy, | Fox News. To usher in the 25th anniversary of Tim Burton's cult masterpiece “The Nightmare Before Christmas,” fans are finally getting a sequel, but it won't be in the form of a movie. It's been announced that Jack Skellington and company will be getting a new animated appearance in 2018.Jul 31, 2017

I looked on amazon and I must say I am confused as there are several different books-not sure if it is this one mentioned above or these are spin offs of some sort. If any one knows I would like to know more.

Happy weekend and movie Saturday

   I made our homemade pizzas today-Larry's first as his crust had the 450 f degrees and mine was a new recipe for the crust that baked at 350 f degrees. plus with this oven I can only bake one at a time.
    Both pizzas were excellent and the new recipe I tried for me was really good-most of the time they don't turn out at all-here is the link  Only thing I did different with the recipe was to substitute 1/2 cup of almond flour for some of the gluten free flour blend.

Larry's



Mine



I saved out two pieces for each of us for tomorrow and will freeze the rest for later.

9 comments:

  1. Just past dinnertime and I’m hungry all over again looking at your pizzas. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent movie! Wow, your pizzas look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pizza looks amazing and perfect movie food. You found a great Halloween film that isn't scary but is a little spooky. I always enjoy seeing it. Happy weekend Kathy. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must confess that the movies are not to my taste but those pizzas definitely are, they look won*der*ful! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. May I have a piece of pizza, please? Ha ha!
    Thank you soooooooo much for sharing with us the trailer of the Night before Christmas! It is one of my favourite movies for this wonderful time of year. Hugs, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard of this movie, but never had an idea what it was. So glad you explained it.

    LOVE the pizza. I'm going to be hungry very soon as a result of this. It looks SO good. Even YOURS looks good (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I _love_ Nightmare Before Christmas! I remember when it came out, and our whole family has always enjoyed it. And your pizza looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great movie and what better way to enjoy it then with a piece of pizza - perfect 😁. It looks so yummy, maybe I better have another piece too ... Lol 😉. Wishing you a happy new week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit