Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Another Tuesday is Upon Us and and Yellowstone Trip-Next Week-Wow

Good morning everyone,
   This has been Such a few weeks for us. 

     With Hubs illness and then a couple days ago the passing of his father. So our emotions are all over the place.
   I decided not to join T For Tuesdays today as I may not be able to get around to everyone and really enjoy reading and commenting on all the posts.

   Last night I got invited by a friend to come over for grilled brats-such a wonderful evening with friends-the night was perfect too-warm no wind and a full moon. They have a huge pond and their property in the woods is kept up like a lovely park. Didn't get home til really late so had a good sleep as well.

   My father in law was 95 and he had quality of life until about a year ago-so we were preparing ourselves but is always a difficult time. Hubs needed to be there, so he drove up to the Chicago area and will be there for several days. We had friends that offered to go with but he said no.
   The sad thing about the beautiful place we live in, we always make sure someone is on the property do to all the thievery here and there is sooo much of it that it sickens me. Especially since this area is in the "bible belt".   If we would have known-but when you buy into a new area how would you know-we would not have settled here--but we do love our beautiful space here in the woods.

  Yesterday it dawned on me--Wow I am leaving on my Yellowstone Trip next week-how is that possible already?? lol  I am pretty much ready to go just need to get things packed and I need to buy a few clothes yet as I really don't have much in nicer clothes any more-especially since my size has changed over the last few years. 
  The one special highlight of my trip will be to meet my favorite author Peggy that writes the Yellowstone novels I had posted about previously. Her and husband will be camping in the park during a couple of the same days I will be there too. We will be doing a hike together on one of her favorite trails so I am very excited about that. There will be four of us taking the hike and we will all have our bear spray handy.

I probably will not post again til I return-Enjoy your May everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Sad news about your father-in-law. Both of my parents lived to 95 and 97 and passed recently, it was time for both of them. Your trip came up fast, Kathy. Looking forward to reading all about it on your return. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO sorry to read about your father-in-law's passing. At least he led a full life, although I agree you are NEVER truly prepared for the loss. I hope your husband doesn't get any sicker because any loss can eventually multiply until it is out of control.

    At least you have something positive to look forward to, and that is a good thing. I hope you enjoy your time in Yellowstone and take lots of photos with your new camera.

    I agree the place you live is part of the bible belt. I know because I used to live in Webb City, which is just north of Joplin (actually on the north edge). I always said the four corners of Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, and Arkansas was the buckle of the bible belt. It's sad that you need someone to stay on your property to assure it is not broken into.

    We will miss you while you are gone, but at least we know you are having a good time. See you toward the end of May, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just sending you good vibrations!
    thanks for your comment - and have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy i saw your T post on my blog roll... but did you know that you are not linked up over at the T party?? I wondered how in the world i could have missed you at the party so i went back to the T party list to look and i don't see you on there!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit