Friday, October 1, 2021

Cast Iron Saturdays-Pizza

   Welcome back to my Cast Iron Saturdays post where I scan the internet for recipes using cast iron.  This week I am sharing pizza recipes baked in cast iron.

   Cast iron is the perfect kitchen tool for pizza-even temperatures (as always) and a perfect pizza crust. Outdoors over and under coals takes the flavors up a notch. With any of these recipes you can change up the toppings to your liking, even bake up a vegetarian pizza. These links are to show different heat sources for baking your pizza.

  Here is a video on how to bake up a pizza in your 12 inch dutch oven/ he is also sharing an IPA beer


This was a good article for Chicago style pizza in your cast iron skillet, or even a cast iron wedge pan-grill or oven. Lots of information here


Camp Fire  Pizza  I would never bake with a hot fire with flames as shown here-much better to bake when you have lots of hot coals from your wood



Sharing this link as it has lots of information on how to make your pizza and bake it in your kitchen oven  



  These links will give you the basic information on how to make a pizza from scratch and baking with different heat sources-coals-top and bottom, on your grill, over a wood fire, in your oven.  The toppings are your choice.

  What are your favorite toppings for pizza?

23 comments:

  1. This just looks too tempting and I am on a diet :-((

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous recipes! I know everyone isn't going to agree with me on this and for some reason it causes arguments, but I like what I like so I'm happy with my choice and I'm not going to apologize ...lol 😀 - I love Ham and Pineapple pizza. Thanks for the inspiring me to make my own again and wishing you a Happy October! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo Ham and pineapple is still popular here in the states. that's the fun thing about pizza-any toppings-Happy October

      Delete
  3. I fear I'm old school. The first pizza I ever had was thin crust from Pizza Hut. Now everything is thick crust like a pound of bread. Even the skillet pizza you can bake in your oven looks thick. Seeing all the step out photos make it look thicker than I want my pizza. Some of the recipes sounded good, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all look SO good! I always roll my crust out thin. I can’t imagine anything better than pizza baked in cast iron!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks good, although I'm not a great pizza fan, now I'm hungry! Have agreat weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, if Ingo´d only liked pizza, I´d kept this link for in case (...) we have a summer next year.
    Hmmmmmm, looks fun and yum!
    Nah. Added to my cooking list :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can use just about anything for toppings-maybe you can find something he would like

      Delete
  7. You are making me hungry and it is only 7:30 AM. These looks great Kathy. Hope October has started well for you. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Erika-we finally got a little rain this morning-we really need some

      Delete
  8. Well I've been regretting giving away all my cast iron years ago, and this post was the topper-I've got to get atleast one pan and try pizza in it (and all the other great stuff in your posts!) We have a nice campfire pit so I can bake to me heart's content outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and baking outdoors is so rewarding. I miss not having a spot set up for me here at the lake house. but there is a huge tree stump in the way of where we to set up

      Delete
  9. I've not had a pizza for quite some-time but I like a cheese and tomato topping, and of course there are so many toppings to choose from.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jan, I have not tried a keto crust yet, but I think a splurge of the real thing is ok once in awhile too

      Delete
  10. Various way to bake, absolutely delicious. Happy greetings

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit