Sunday, September 19, 2021

T Stands for Tuesday & Pirate Ship and Speed Boats

   Hi everyone,

        It has been awhile since I posted for T. Still working with the garden project and all of those rocks. August was an extremely hot month here in SW Missouri, and actually we are still rather warm to hot here this September as well. Another 90 degree day for Monday. (I am posting this early Sunday evening)

       I needed to take a month off working outdoors as I had really hurt both knees carrying heavy rocks into place. I am better now-finally-but must be aware and be really careful.  So much to do yet, that I don't think I will have time to get it all done so I can purchase the plants I wanted to get in the ground this month. 

  Today (Sunday) I decided I must get my little lavender plants in the ground, as well as what is left of my bee balm plants-I had lost half of them-and my echinacea plants. I placed my tomato cages around some of the smaller plants so they won't get stepped on. I had kept them in large pots outdoors in semi shade as we had such extreme heat here. The company I ordered from did replace my 3 lavender plants that I had lost with no charges. I even told them about our heat here but I had kept them out of the hot sun. They had sent me 3 extra bee balm plants originally, I lost 3 and still have 3 plants that look pretty good.  Now if we could just get rain.

    I have been also trying to get perennial bulbs that I had dug up replanted-I got allot of those in over the weekend-but the area that I also want to plant them in is almost impossible with the extreme hard soil-I am going to need to water that down this week. and this is the area with poison ivy-ugh I will be wearing long sleeves and gloves for sure.

    We are working on an area next to that rocked slope that I had completed-to extend that over some. Larry started cutting down big bushes in that space-which we will eventually use for crappie beds around our dock. I will need to dig out that dirt-reuse-and get rocks up there-that will use up allot more of the rocks in this area. Being in my 70's now-I had not thought this through that I could just get this all done in a month haha. Oh well our minds always think we are still young but not our body parts.

  My poor husband has been back to working alone on the dock project-he was getting close to finishing-and has hurt himself bad twice now in a week's time Today was a bit of a panic. A huge wave came up that he didn't notice and it caused him to run a piece of machinery down his arm-allot of blood loss and took off allot of skin under his arm -that was a bad one.  We got the bleeding stopped and have it bandaged up.  Like I have mentioned-things are so much more difficult to accomplish when we get older and ill.  We have never been ones to do nothing though-we are always involved in different projects.

   A couple posts back I posted a 4 minute video on the lake with lots of geese. We had allot more "lake action" mid day Saturday   September has been perfect for lake activities this year-warmer and no rain or high winds. Later that same day I took another video of the pirate ship. It was straight across from us-docked-picked up passengers to take for a pirate ship ride and dinner and then a couple hours later brought them back home. I think that sounds like great family fun.

    I really zoomed this in for a closer look-about 8 times on my old digital camera

Here is a photo and also a video


Note for better viewing you can enlarge videos to full screen-and then click on escape to go back


  Like I mentioned, Saturday was crazy busy-we learned there was a bass fishing tournament so that explained all of the fishing boats speeding by. There were also allot of those speed boats all day too-fun to watch but noisy and they take over the lake sometimes . Here is a video I took right after the pirate ship video.


A couple weeks ago I opened up this bottle of wine-one I had picked up at a local winery, when our Wisconsin friends came down for a long weekend visit.  I just finished the bottle last week. It was really good-my favorite is a semi-dry red. The wine had an unusual finish that I couldn't quite figure out-thinking perhaps it was aged in oak barrels.  This is one of my favorite hand thrown pottery wine glasses.


Happy T and new week 

37 comments:

  1. You are working hard in that garden, but just think how good it is for your muscle mass. Too many people don't do that. And I bet it will look beautiful once you get it done Kathy. Hope all your plants take and there too many more rocks to move. Sorry to hear about Larry's injury. It sounds nasty. Hope it doesn't stop him too much. And that is a crazy pirate ship for sure. Have a great T day. Glad to see you joining in again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you are right about gaining muscle mass for sure I was walking but not now with these knees messed up Larry is a survivor but this one is pretty painful he is diabetic so a slow healer. this pirate ship is always fun to watch.

      Delete
  2. I think it would be great fun to ride on the pirate ship. Do they serve dinner on the ship? I am sorry to hear about Larry's accident and hope he heals quickly. I finally finished cleaning up all the beds around the house. I am anxious to clean up the garden but am holding off a bit longer because there are still lots of butterflies and hummingbirds here flitting about. I hope you can get your young plants settled in before it gets cold. A good soaking rain is what they (and we) need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No they have a restaurant that you can hire them to pick you up at your dock-then the restaurant-and then they will take you back home on the ship can also be rented out for parties I think on the ship too.
      I would hold off to for the butterflies and hummingbirds-since it is still so warm we are soooo dry-I am going to need to start watering these plants-and get areas wetted down so I can plant more of these bulbs too.

      Delete
  3. I am glad that you are feeling better now, Kathy. Don't work too hard and enjoy more wine :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Angie-yes a glass of wine in the evening is very nice

      Delete
  4. As always, you have been very busy. Sorry Larry hurt himself so badly, hope his arm is soon better. That pirate ship looks fun. Thanks for sharing the videos, too. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to read about Larry's accident. I hope his arm doesn't get infected. I'm really glad the company you bought your plants from was willing to replace them. I need a company like that. I am so glad you were able to take time away from those rocks. That was stressful, I know.

    Loved seeing the pirate ship again. Those speed boats are scary.

    If I had thought you were going to use a pottery wine glass today, I would have shown something more in my T Tuesday post. Glad you like that wine. It is not something I would drink, since most wines taste like vinegar to me. Even the really expensive ones. I think it's all a matter of taste and my palette is geared for dessert wines, the sweeter, the better. Thanks so much for sharing your videos, your wine, and your hand thrown pottery with us today for T, dear.

    BTW, I look forward to your input on today's T Tuesday post. In fact, I'm counting on it (HINT).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth-he will be unwrapping his arm sometime today. It was so bad when it happened-tons of blood-that we made a turnicat and then I have large bandaids we put on and then wrapped it up with one of those stretchy wraps. I almost called 911 but right now we don't have cars that can drive that far to the hospital when I would pick him up-and sometimes that is more stressful for him than taking care of it here at home.
      the pirate ship was fun since we got to see it dock and undock with passengers to their restaurant. those speed boats can be a bit much when there are so many of them
      we are opposites with the wine-I don't care for dessert wines-too sweet for me, I like a semi dry the best.
      Looking forward to your post oh and this is where I bought my plants-I had purchased them on ebay but they are also on etsy and they have this web site-the plants were small but very very well packaged-very professional https://hostaking.com/

      Delete
    2. Kathy, everyone is waiting for you to link to T Tuesday, dear.

      Delete
  6. Oh, boy. Always bad when the hubbys share their blood everywhere - hope all goes well! I once had to take Ingo to hospital for a blood transfusion even. Nice from the company to give you 3 more plants like that and weeee, that pirate ship is SO COOL!
    As is the wine-"glass"!
    Happy T-Day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I was thankful for the replacement lavender plants. we love seeing the pirate ship go by too Hugs

      Delete
  7. (I'm having trouble getting the comment to "take". Maybe Firefox isn't the browser for me after all...)

    This is when I wish we lived close, because I have lavender and bee balm you'd be welcome to. I hope yours last the winter for you. I'm sorry you hurt your knees doing all that rock work. I know how hard it is to be mid-task and have to wait to finish. Erika is right about the value of building muscle. Too often we lose muscle mass due to inactivity. Y'all won't have that problem :) I hope your husband's injury heals quickly.

    The pirate ship looks like great fun. It would bring Talk Like a Pirate Day to life!

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be wonderful if were closer-the lavender is really small but healthy looking so am hoping it does well too over winter-we have loads of leaves that fall here so will use them for mulch around the plants.
      thank you-this was a pretty bad injury-it has turned cold after last nights big storm so thankfully he is resting today.
      we love seeing this pirate ship-very fun I have read others with firefox have difficultes posting with firefox

      Delete
  8. You've been busy! It's amazing as we age how are bodies are older than our minds. I'm sure your garden will look beautiful once you finish all the hard work, even if it takes a bit longer than you expected. Nice to hear that the company you ordered plants from stands by their product. Wine on the deck and watching the boats on the lake especially that pirate ship sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CJ yes it is difficult to slow down with these big projects. we are used to working all day long even after retirement.
      I am very happy with this company-they are https://hostaking.com/ and are on the east coast-they are also on ebay and etsy
      we are still enjoying breakfast on the deck and watching the birds and the fish jump-very special

      Delete
  9. Sounds like you've been so busy, take care and rest those aching bones 😀. I bet your yard is looking lovely! Oh my goodness, I hope your hubby is ok and recovering well. Loving that Pirate Ship and your lake views - perfect! Take care and wishing you a Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO glad that both you and your husband recovered from your injuries. Sounds like you have been very busy in your garden but I bet it is beautiful. What a relief that the company replaced the plants for you. That is good customer service.
    I bet it is calming to watch the boats on the lake. Beautiful pottery glass. Glad to see you back at T day, Kathy.
    Happy Tea day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Kate, yes we really enjoy the views over the lake, gorgeous sunrises and moons too

      Delete
  11. Kathy you have been busy, we are very hands on with jobs too and know it affects knees and in my case hips, I hope your husband is recovering after his accident, and your knees are feeling better, when we were young we could do jobs without many aches and pains but now we have to limit ourselves to a couple of hours a day, ha,ha,
    I’m sure your garden will be beautiful when it’s done, I’m looking forward to seeing it.
    Sounds wonderful, sitting on the deck by the lake with a glass of wine, plenty to watch too.
    Take care Kathy, Happy T Day
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I must remember to not over do things-and it was soooo hot here when I was working with the rocks too which didn't help either.
      we do enjoy the views-hugs

      Delete
  12. Kathy - I agree with you on how difficult the projects get. So sorry for the injuries. My hubby seems to have more of them each time he starts something. Even yard work can be dangerous. We are thinking of selling and settling in somewhere much smaller and less dangerous. Love the pirate ship. Do they have a lot of those wave boats that people surf after - my SIL and daughter have one and I think they would be very disruptive. Lovely wine glass and wine. Happy T-day a bit late! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, actually our lake house is a downsize from living in the middle of the woods with allot of property. This house came with allot of fixer uppers-sigh after we bought it Larry needed another heart surgery so things have been difficult we do enjoy the views here. Yes we have those wave boats here too-and yes they are rough on the docks especially when they get too close to the docks. Happy T hugs

      Delete
    2. oh and I did insist on hiring the lawn mowing done there is allot of weed trimming and we are on hills here

      Delete
  13. Lots of interesting activity on the lake! Be careful with that demanding project. I’m sure it will be great. Sorry to be late commenting. I’m slowing down here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Working in the garden can get harder as we age, indeed. I also see that I'm not as "fast" with my garden projects anymore as I used to be. Fall is planting time here as well. I'm currently re-designing parts of my garden since I have lost some of my plants due to the drought and will turn to even more drought tolerant ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were in a draught too over summer-very little rain and extreme heat-hoping that is behind us now.

      Delete
  15. Fun video of the pirate's ship. Thank you. It is funny to see the speed boats in same frame with a pirate's ship, though. Happy belated T Day. Be careful how much you are working outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that was funning too the pirate ship with the speed boats-that was a crazy weekend for sure.

      Delete
  16. Oh dear, I'm sorry about your husband's accident. Sounds messy. I hope it is healing now. You yourself have had some injuries too. Yes, we forget that at our age things just take that much longer and we over-estimate what we can achieve.
    Your elderflower wine looks really nice. I sometimes prefer elderflower to 'normal' wine, but here we can't buy elderflower wine. I also like elderflower cordial (also unavailable here).
    I'm sorry to be late again, but as I've mentioned before, we are not home on a Tuesday and I can't get to my computer.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca
    The pirate ship was fun to watch.
    How very decent of the company to replace some of your plants. I hope things will grow well now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisca, I never consider anyone late for visiting. yes this has been a difficult summer for us in many ways-this time the pirate ship was really fun as we got to watch it dock and pick up passengers. I just put the plants in the ground-they just needed to get in the ground I can always move them next spring-and we finally got a really soaking of rain too-looking good so far

      Delete
  17. Hello Kathy,Your husband's accident sounds quite nasty! I do hope he is on the mend now. Can't you cut down/dig up that horrible poison ivy? You are always going to have that hovering there with the possibility that you get stung again! Is there a real rush to get your garden sorted? Can't you get it done little by little? We really must be more sensible as we get older (me too) and accept that we won't be able to do things like we used to. Thank you for sharing those two videos. I think I like the pirate one best as the speed boat is a bit noisy LOL! Take care Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda, yes I must slow down with heavy work for sure-my left knee is still not right I did work this morning, getting the rest of the bulbs in the ground-some soil moved around a bit too, and a few very small rocks in place-I will take a photo soon. yes this project will not get done before winter for sure, any more new plants would need to be in the ground this week so they have time to settle in before winter. this is the first year I have really felt my age too
      the speed boats are fun but they do get noisy.

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit