Friday, January 17, 2020

A Cold Windy and Wet Friday-and Another Journal Page

 It's another wintry mix here on the lake today. This time it started out with snow-then ice then we are to warm up a bit and get rain. It is quite windy out there too. I didn't think we had ice yet so I grabbed the mail to go out in the mail box and good thing I always grab the railing as I slid right down-lol So nope came back in the house as I would never be able to walk up that hill to the mailbox.

  I took a couple of photos just now



  It's still pretty to me looking at our view of the lake.  I need to bring in that ash tray as no one we know smokes any more.

  January in Missouri is Eagle Days. Allot of the conservation areas hold events within the state. I thought perhaps we would see more eagle here but still the same family. and many times one of them flies right by my husband's work room window and then flies up to the top of that tree I show photos of. He says it happens so fast he barely has time to react and watch. All wings mostly. That would be cool to see.

   So the eagles inspired my latest journal page. There were a few nice photos from a contest in the weekly Wednesday newspaper so I cut out my favorite. I think this one won first place too.
    The background papers are from recyclables-the dark green was from an envelope, and the polka dots was from junk mail. The other cut outs were from Christmas cards, a cancelled stamp from when they were .39 cents. and I do like stamping on a seperate piece of paper now-this is from the green envelope. and the little bit of turquoise was cut from a foil coffee bean bag.





I almost did not add that top greenery to the left-I tried a couple different pieces I had cut out and settled on this one. That area I thought was a bit too blank without adding a little something more.
  Now that I am looking at the photos-I could have put the green envelope on both sides of the page and not the same width. I am still pleased with the results though  Another thought was to turn the bottom greenery downward so both were not facing up-but this piece didn't look good that way.

I am enjoying these collages in my spiral junk journal-gives me small projects for crafting. Keeps my mind active-and that's a good thing.

Happy Friday and coming weekend everyone.

     I will be watching football on Sunday as I have a favorite team in each game this year-Green Bay Packers and the Kansas City Chiefs.  Will you be watching the games??  I am still really enjoying watching the St Louis Blues hockey games. The last one was so exciting even though they lost in overtime.

11 comments:

  1. We had rain all day, too, but no ice. Glad you didn't try walking up the hill in that weather. Love the journal page, and it's fantastic that you get to see eagles there. Glad you're having fun journaling. Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wind has been howling since last night and it’s gotten very cold because of the wind chill. We’re supposed to get a storm Saturday night into Sunday. It’s supposed to start out as snow and then change to rain. I hope so. A friend told me it will be all snow for us. :( The lake must be beautiful with different light and seasons. I like the Eagle Days page. Must be so cool to see the Eagles. As to football, the Patriots aren’t playing so why bother? πŸ˜‰ Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wintry weather is on its way to NJ as well. It was colder today, but tomorrow will bring all kinds of precipitation. I like what you chose for your page! Try not to re-think things too much. Once it’s done, it’s done! Good placements all around. I saw an Eagle here last week, not perched though. It was dragging a roadkill off with its huge white head. It took off when my car got close, but returned in my rear view mirror to resume its task. What a magnificent bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The eagles in the snow on your journal page are perfect for January. Nice page. And it looks pretty cold and raw at the lake in your photos. But it is pretty in its winter way. I hope you have a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely better to stay inside rather than slipping and sliding all over the place. It is a gray, windy day here. Happy journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look so cold and slippery, the photos of the lake look lovely but it must be much better seeing the view from the window,
    Its a fabulous page with the eagles and I think how you created this looks great, you really are lucky to see the eagles in real life.
    Have a good weekend Kathy.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Slippery isn´t good, but, weee, I love that picture! Beautiful!
    Guess I´d grab a cuppa of hot tea and go outside!
    I haven´t seen an Eagle for real yet.
    Ohhhh!!! Can´t you make the footy play earlier?! I´d LOVE to watch but it´s mostly in the middle of the night here!
    I have to add... we had the best Football team here!
    12 times German Bowl Defender, six times European Bowl Defender and... Such.Nice.Cute.Guys!
    They´re all replaced by new ones no one knows and last season we did not go once. No pre- or after game shows with the new Sponsor and they lost their name (Braunschweig Lions), too.
    New Yorker Lions, what´s that go to do with our town, it´s a stupid clothes shop, no more...
    So sad.
    Wishing loads of fun nwatching, happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and i will be rooting for the same teams Sunday... Unfortunately i have to work but i will be able to catch part of the Packers game.. Fingers crossed! I saw my first Eagle the other day.. We were walking around the lake and suddenly there he was flying overhead and not too high .. got a good look at him as he landed in a tree nearby.. so happy! Finally! LOVE your journal page. Kathy you will settle on a style that is comfortable to you. Finding your way is half the fun. Sometime you might try placing the envelope so you could put something inside of it. Like a tag or maybe info about the Eagle events going on around you.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes those bleak winter views are the best! This is a view I could spend hours enjoying :) I love how your art is inspired by your gorgeous setting. I'm not much of a football fan but will watch it if my husband does. Stay safe in the ice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crafting is always fun on rainy days πŸ˜€. Your collage looks beautiful and I love how you were inspired by your eagles! I think your page is perfect and the eagles look fabulous against the dotty background and using the green envelope again with the stamped writing balances the page beautifully 😁. I hope you had a lovely weekend and wishing you a wonderful new week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi - just discovered your blog...love the name "Hummingbird Woodland". Hummingbirds are a favorite of mine. Your journal/collage is lovely. Will be back to visit you again soon. Have a delightful day.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit